The Student Room Group

No new school shoes

My parents have told me that I can't have vans and have to stick to my pumps as school shoes my uniform is basic so pumps arnt and issue. Can you buy cheap style vans ?

My current school shoes image.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Obligatory damn daniel comment
Reply 2
What sorry ?
Reply 3
It' a popular internet vine where a kid keep complimenting a kid called daniel on his vans
Reply 4
Original post by Tomj200
My parents have told me that I can't have vans and have to stick to my pumps as school shoes my uniform is basic so pumps arnt and issue. Can you buy cheap style vans ?

My current school shoes image.jpg

Then no new friends
Original post by C-rated
Obligatory damn daniel comment

These vans are black not white.....
Reply 6
Those are fake vans aren't they I'm sure you can. My mum once bought me a [pair of cheap trainers for school, they were so cool but the sole like ripped halfway off and when I went home and almost in tears I asked for a new pair my DAD said no put an elastic band round them at which point I was holing back the tears. I did get a new pair. Did I ever tell you the time I let my sister cut my hair....
Reply 7
Original post by alkaline.
These vans are black not white.....

I look past shoe colours and see what's on the inside, doesn't matter if the vans are white or black, they're all unique in their own ways
Reply 8
Original post by Thomb
Those are fake vans aren't they I'm sure you can. My mum once bought me a [pair of cheap trainers for school, they were so cool but the sole like ripped halfway off and when I went home and almost in tears I asked for a new pair my DAD said no put an elastic band round them at which point I was holing back the tears. I did get a new pair. Did I ever tell you the time I let my sister cut my hair....

There cheap £4 pumps my cousin who goes my has vans and I have to stick to pumps
Reply 9
Original post by Tomj200
There cheap £4 pumps my cousin who goes my has vans and I have to stick to pumps

I know how you feel my parents were poor and whilst everyone had vans or whatever I was in pumps 'til I was 16.
Original post by Thomb
I know how you feel my parents were poor and whilst everyone had vans or whatever I was in pumps 'til I was 16.

If OP is 16 then he is old enough to work for it and buy the vans himself.
Reply 11
Original post by Nettled

Or steal.
Original post by Thomb
Or steal.

Right because that's the only reasonable option he has..
Reply 13
Original post by Nettled
Right because that's the only reasonable option he has..

He's Oliver Twist what do you expect...
Original post by Thomb
He's Oliver Twist what do you expect...

Ah well I haven't read the book or watched the film.
If you're not happy with what your parents are providing you with, then you might be at a point where you can start providing yourself with these things. Perhaps saving up pocket money/doing chores/getting a small job would be beneficial?

Edit: I know it's only school shoes, but it's an ideal chance to kick off a learning curve which will help you in the future!
Reply 16
Original post by Nettled

I'm not old enough or have any money to buy my own
Original post by Tomj200

Not even pocket money/birthday money/Christmas?
Reply 18
Original post by Tomj200

Take my advice if your not 16 yet it really doesn't matter.
Reply 19
Original post by Nettled
Not even pocket money/birthday money/Christmas?

I spend / spent it All on others things

Quick Reply

Latest