The Student Room Group

How much of a turnoff are men who don't want to have kids?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amellia123
Considering I cant see myself ever having children, it wouldn't be a problem - I cant even see myself ever getting married!!

LOL! My wife better have children.... :angry: :rofl:
Reply 61
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Why don't you guess my ancestry ? That'll be interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you just quoted yourself there fam
Original post by vonbroten
Haha, yes I know. :ahee:

don't you think it's slightly selfish for those africans/asians or whatever you mentioned earlier to pop out so many kids when they know they can't support them though and basically subjecting their offspring to a life of misery.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
LOL! My wife better have children.... :angry: :rofl:

Haha oh woops..... :rofl:
Looks like I don't fit on either accounts then :lol: :tongue:
Original post by hezzlington
But unfair to call it selfish just because you want to have your own kids..

An adopted child (no matter it's ancestry), is also "your own."
Original post by mkap

Oh ****. 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha oh woops..... :rofl:
Looks like I don't fit on either accounts then :lol: :tongue:

Lmao! You are clearly not the one for me! :biggrin:
#ProblemsWithSpeedDating
As a man i'd likely not pursue a relationship with a woman who did not want to bear my children. I intend to breed and that's not optional for my future spouse.
An adopted child (no matter it's ancestry), is also "your own."

Sort of, but it's not your own biologically. You haven't created the child through passion and love. And then watched it grow in your partners womb and support her through that process. It's just not the same.
Original post by alkaline.
don't you think it's slightly selfish for those africans/asians or whatever you mentioned earlier to pop out so many kids when they know they can't support them though and basically subjecting their offspring to a life of misery.

Well, obviously! And of course I do!
But the reasons as to why they might give their child up for adoption are incredibly vast.
I also think that more fortunate humans (across all continents and no matter their ethnicity and ancestry) have a responsibilty to help stabilize global birth rates. The Earth is already over populated. We don't need more babies. Tbh I think population need to drastically decrease before we start popping out more of them.
Original post by alkaline.

Good Point. Conversely, African/ Asian's (especially in rural areas) are expected to have many children (by parents and culture), to help with labour in the farm or to go to work and provide for parents. This is why poverty is a never-ending problem, as they keep making it harder for themselves..... :frown:
Original post by hezzlington
Sort of, but it's not your own biologically. You haven't created the child through passion and love. And then watched it grow in your partners womb and support her through that process. It's just not the same.

No, but instead you may have spent years to be aligible for adoption and to bring a child home so that you could love and care for it. That's also passion and love.
I think all this stress surrounding the child's DNA origin is so weird. A child is a child. Their DNA makeup shouldn't matter to their parents.
Well, obviously! And of course I do!
But the reasons as to why they might give their child up for adoption are incredibly vast.
I also think that more fortunate humans (across all continents and no matter their ethnicity and ancestry) have a responsibilty to help stabilize global birth rates. The Earth is already over populated. We don't need more babies. Tbh I think population need to drastically decrease before we start popping out more of them.

People have dreams to have children, f*** what the world needs... Do what you need. If you want children have them, but the problem is people forcing people to have children, due to culture or their parents telling them to have children...
I want kids (boys) so much! :h:

I wanna be able to help them with their homework, teach them to cook, take them to football games, watch them play rugby and listen to the teachers' praises at parents evening.
No, but instead you may have spent years to be aligible for adoption and to bring a child home so that you could love and care for it. That's also passion and love.
I think all this stress surrounding the child's DNA origin is so weird. A child is a child. Their DNA makeup shouldn't matter to their parents.

Agreed.
Original post by mkap

I gave thumbs up, cos you said 'fam'! :ahee:
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Lmao! You are clearly not the one for me! :biggrin:
#ProblemsWithSpeedDating

Hahaha :lol: Yep soz Rhythm :biggrin: plenty more fish in the sea for us and all :tongue:

#CantGetATSRSpeedDate

you think it's weird that people are naturally closer in almost every sense to those biologically related to them?
Reply 78
How much of a turn off are women who want kids?
Hahaha :lol: Yep soz Rhythm :biggrin: plenty more fish in the sea for us and all :tongue:

#CantGetATSRSpeedDate

How racist, you call me a fish cos I am Bengali??? :rofl3:

Quick Reply

Latest