The Student Room Group

How much of a turnoff are men who don't want to have kids?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thomb
How much of a turn off are women who want kids?

Dunno.... why what do you think?
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
How racist, you call me a fish cos I am Bengali??? :rofl3:

What?! No!! :getmecoat: oops very sorry if that came across badly (though I don't see how :lol:) Ahhh you're just pulling my leg arent you? :tongue: :rofl2:
Original post by hezzlington
you think it's weird that people are naturally closer in almost every sense to those biologically related to them?

Yes. I also think that statement could be discussed up and down and around the world an infinite amount of times.
I know quite a lot of people where that is not true.
Reply 83
Original post by Amellia123
Dunno.... why what do you think?

Well when a girl says all she wants is children you wonder if you're like some sort of vending machine or something? :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Thomb
How much of a turn off are women who want kids?

Just as much as with men who want them.
What?! No!! :getmecoat: oops very sorry if that came across badly (though I don't see how :lol:) Ahhh you're just pulling my leg arent you? :tongue: :rofl2:

Yes, just pulling your leg..... Just pulling it gently... *Tries to break her leg*
Just..... Gently....

LOL JK This will sound soo weird.....
Original post by Thomb
Well when a girl says all she wants is children you wonder if you're like some sort of vending machine or something? :biggrin:

Spoiler

Oh God :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hahaha why would you class yourself as a 'vending machine' :biggrin: (is money involved?!)

Spoiler

Reply 87
Original post by vonbroten
Just as much as with men who want them.

Yeah I know that but c'mon get real women sometimes treat men like they just want to use them for having babies and then they run off to do the same thing with another bloke.

Spoiler

Yes, just pulling your leg..... Just pulling it gently... *Tries to break her leg*
Just..... Gently....

LOL JK This will sound soo weird.....

Arhhh what are you doing? My poor leg :cry2: How mean of you :tongue:
'gently' is not the same as 'ill just snap it clean off' :lol:

Haha nah its okay - I'm rather weird so it didn't even occur to me! :tongue:
Reply 89
Oh God :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hahaha why would you class yourself as a 'vending machine' :biggrin: (is money involved?!)

Spoiler

No Im pulling vonbroten's leg too.
Arhhh what are you doing? My poor leg :cry2: How mean of you :tongue:
'gently' is not the same as 'ill just snap it clean off' :lol:

Haha nah its okay - I'm rather weird so it didn't even occur to me! :tongue:

O....K... den....
Original post by Thomb

Hahaha :rofl: Just read one of your other posts on here :lol:

O....K... den....

OK :tongue: ...... so how many children would you like then? :biggrin:
Original post by Thomb
Yeah I know that but c'mon get real women sometimes treat men like they just want to use them for having babies and then they run off to do the same thing with another bloke.

Spoiler

Yes, I know. I despise it.

Original post by Thomb

Haha. No, sorry, not working. :biggrin:
Reply 93

As far as I'm concerned the whole thing is a joke.:tongue:
Reply 94
This is a stupid question.

It's not a turn-off to someone who doesn't want kids.
It is a turn-off to someone who does.

It's a simple matter of compatibility, neither side will convince the other to change their view.
No, but instead you may have spent years to be aligible for adoption and to bring a child home so that you could love and care for it. That's also passion and love.
I think all this stress surrounding the child's DNA origin is so weird. A child is a child. Their DNA makeup shouldn't matter to their parents.

The UK fertility rate is already quite low, by not breeding you are simply increasing the need for spending cuts or immigrants.

The global fertility average is actually quite manageable, it's Africa that is too high to support itself.
It wouldn't be a deal breaker. Although I'd like a child in a few years, it depends on how my health is.

As I said before:
I want four kids... One to study law and Get into the UN/ HistorianOne to study Drama and Get into Hollywood/ famous singer
One to become a world famous professional footballer
And One to become a world famous scientist
... who is this question aimed at? are you asking 30 year old women? 14 year old girls? i dont think youd be able to get a sufficient enough answer to generalise either way. im a 19 y o girl and i hate the idea of having kids so obviously for me, not at all. i have a friend who probably does want them, but doesnt feel any particular pressure to choose the guy that she plans on being with forever just yet, so his opinion on kids is probably useless info

anyways, at the end of the day even if there was a general trend either way, unless you are doing some kind of legitimate social study, it shouldnt matter. if a guy was 'turned off' from me because i dont want kids i wouldnt change my views for him, or lie about it, just like hopefully a guy who feels the same wouldnt either if he and his girlfriend disagreed on the matter.
if i went out with a gy who wanted kids at some point in his life then i probably wouldnt care. if he wanted them like, right now, then obviously it wouldnt work.
some people, men and women, want kids, and so yeah obviously at some point their partner wanting them too would become relevant. i wouldnt call that a turn off though, thats just sensible planning for the future to take into account whether your plans are cohesive or not. but if you arent at the age where you are planning to settle i cant imagine it being an issue, not least because if youre with someone when youre 18 who says they do/dont want kids, and you dont feel the same, theres plenty of time for opinions to change. i dunno, thats just my view
Personally I see it as a huge disadvantage if he wants children - especially if he wants to knock me up to get them. I have no wish to be reduced to a baby container for 9 months, and to endure all the pains and emotional distress that comes with pregnancy and giving birth.
If he wanted children during his twenties I'd duml his ass as fast as I could.
I quote honestly do not like children, and I do not wish to spend time, energy or resources on one.

Should I ever want a child, then I'd like to adopt one from Asia or Africa. Why should I get knocked up and bring a new baby into this world when there are so many out there who are in desperate need for a new home, and a loving family?
Becoming pregnant instead of adopting is incredibly selfish. Same goes for buying purebred animals instead of adopting from shelters etc.

Sounds like some militant third wave feminist :rofl:.

There is nothing selfish about having kids.

Quick Reply

Latest