The Student Room Group

Does this sound like an excuse on his part?

I went out with a couple of friends last night and I invited a guy that I like, and that I've got a bit of history with. There were also 2 of our mutual friends going. I asked him to come with his flatmate, and he said yeah sure.
I messaged him yesterday afternoon confirming the time.. he replied about an hour before we were due to meet, saying that he had to go and pick up some kind of parcel, and he didn't even know if it'd be there but he had to go. He said he'd try to see if he could come but he didn't think so, and he was really sorry.
I told my friend and she said, it's a bank holiday, for a start, and it sounds like an excuse. She told me to not even bother replying, or to reply with something like 'yeah good luck with that'.
I ended up doing the latter, and he sent me a few messages later that night, about midnight, asking what I was up to, if I was still out, and saying how pissed off he'd been about the parcel, how it hadn't even been there, it was now lost, and how he would have liked to come out.
he then said that he'd 'ended up going for a drink' but didn't say who with.
Does it sound like he was telling the truth or not? Or that he just couldn't be bothered coming/had a better offer and decided to invent a story?
Reply 1
I feel like it might have been an excuse as he could have easily come and met us after the 'parcel' and I asked him who he'd gone for a drink with and he didn't tell me...
Original post by Anonymous
I went out with a couple of friends last night and I invited a guy that I like, and that I've got a bit of history with. There were also 2 of our mutual friends going. I asked him to come with his flatmate, and he said yeah sure.
I messaged him yesterday afternoon confirming the time.. he replied about an hour before we were due to meet, saying that he had to go and pick up some kind of parcel, and he didn't even know if it'd be there but he had to go. He said he'd try to see if he could come but he didn't think so, and he was really sorry.
I told my friend and she said, it's a bank holiday, for a start, and it sounds like an excuse. She told me to not even bother replying, or to reply with something like 'yeah good luck with that'.
I ended up doing the latter, and he sent me a few messages later that night, about midnight, asking what I was up to, if I was still out, and saying how pissed off he'd been about the parcel, how it hadn't even been there, it was now lost, and how he would have liked to come out.
he then said that he'd 'ended up going for a drink' but didn't say who with.
Does it sound like he was telling the truth or not? Or that he just couldn't be bothered coming/had a better offer and decided to invent a story?

very shady i don't think you should trust him
Reply 3
Yeah it's a shame really :frown:
Reply 4
I think he's avoiding your friends because he's slept with them.
Reply 5
Original post by Thomb
I think he's avoiding your friends because he's slept with them.

Actually it's me he slept with.. :frown: about 2 months ago, and we liked each other at the time but now he just wants to be friends, so maybe he was just avoiding me lol...
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Actually it's me he slept with.. :frown: about 2 months ago, and we liked each other at the time but now he just wants to be friends, so maybe he was just avoiding me lol...

Maybe he was. Perhaps you need something to make you more attractive to him.

[video="youtube;inFR6N87Zhw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inFR6N87Zhw[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending