The Student Room Group

Selfridge or Westfield gift card ?

1 year anniversary soon and I don't know what to get for my girlfriend, I was thinking a £200 or so gift card. Is that an acceptable present? Don't wanna buy her something she would use or wear so this is what came to mind.

Girls, how would you feel if your boyfriend got you that as a present? Gift wrapped of course

Anon because she may or may not use this forum
Reply 1
Wouldn't*****
Couldn't think of a worse present, for my 1st anniversary I got a £40 pandora ring and a heartfelt card from my boyfriend and I cried with joy, flashing the cash won't impress her. You've been with her for a year so she wouldn't be phased by the amount on the gift card. Gift cards themselves are impersonal - don't you know what your girlfriends interests are? Get her something that actually has meaning behind it
IMO a gift card is a rather lazy present - might aswell give her £200 cash, it would have more use...

Jewellery - a pretty necklace would do the trick.
If you get a nice one (of which you could for £200) it would go down very well.*

*Unless she's a blokey girl lol
Reply 4
Lol gift card

Brb consoling OP getting dumped
Reply 5
Okay, no gift card then. Hmm since winter is over and the weathers gonna get a lot better, how abou sunglasses ?

I was thinking these: http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/burberry-b3082-twisted-aviator-sunglasses_779-10017-8053672417975/?previewAttribute=Gold
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, no gift card then. Hmm since winter is over and the weathers gonna get a lot better, how abou sunglasses ?

I was thinking these: http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/burberry-b3082-twisted-aviator-sunglasses_779-10017-8053672417975/?previewAttribute=Gold

you dont get it do you? find something your girlfriend has an interest in, a hobby or something relating to an inside joke you have and get her something she will actually like.. sure sunglasses are nice but theyre not exactly meaningful or romantic :facepalm: why dont you spend 50 on a gift that has meaning and the rest on a day out/nice romantic meal etc so you can use the money wisely and make memories instead of handing her sunglasses and then its over with?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8

Hahahaha that's so true m8, thanks for sharing. I guess ill just give her money instead

Original post by Justmoll28
you dont get it do you? find something your girlfriend has an interest in, a hobby or something relating to an inside joke you have and get her something she will actually like.. sure sunglasses are nice but theyre not exactly meaningful or romantic :facepalm: why dont you spend 50 on a gift that has meaning and the rest on a day out/nice romantic meal etc so you can use the money wisely and make memories instead of handing her sunglasses and then its over with?

It's not like this is a last minute gift idea, I've honestly been thinking a lot about it but there's nothing I can think of. If there was something meaningful that I could do or give to her, I would. Thanks for helping, btw she's been spoiling me too with gifts she's been giving me which is why I feel obligated to do the same, she got me a Gucci watch last month.
Original post by Anonymous

It's not like this is a last minute gift idea, I've honestly been thinking a lot about it but there's nothing I can think of. If there was something meaningful that I could do or give to her, I would. Thanks for helping, btw she's been spoiling me too with gifts she's been giving me which is why I feel obligated to do the same, she got me a Gucci watch last month.

Ya'll need to stop being materialistic and realise how lucky you are. I moved in with my boyfriend and we are both students so we are both poor, for his birthday I literallyt spent about £30 and it was the best day ever! We had a movie morning and I cooked us a nice meal and I made him a scrapbook and a card, why don't you get creative and get her something one of a kind instead of something made in a factory with 1000s of replicas? Make do and mend, save your money. She'd be more grateful if you put in a load of effort baking her a blummin' cake than clicking and tapping in your card details online..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending