The Student Room Group

UN court ruled falkland islands belong to the Argies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thomb
Everyone seems to forget that in the last war Britain literally stabbed the Argentinians in the back.

Yeah, because an illegal invasion and occupation is totally above board.
Reply 21
Original post by Drewski
Yeah, because an illegal invasion and occupation is totally above board.

Ok you've made your point there is no chivalry in court today.
Original post by Thomb
Duh because all the inhabitants are British i.e..nobody asked Argentinas to vote. LoL you make a good post and then fall for that one?

Why should argentina vote on whether someone elses country belongs to them?
Reply 23
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Why should argentina vote on whether someone elses country belongs to them?

Look not interested stop quoting me.
Original post by Thomb
Everyone seems to forget that in the last war Britain literally stabbed the Argentinians in the back.

Eh?
Original post by Thomb
Duh because all the inhabitants are British i.e..nobody asked Argentinas to vote. LoL you make a good post and then fall for that one?

I'll be honest I dont pay mch attention to a small collection of islands at the bottom of South America. The dispute is over who owns the Falklands, essentially, and the people who are affected, ie the inhabitants were asked. Where they came from originally is of no import; they live there, and most likely some came from the South Americas too.
Original post by Thomb
Ok you've made your point there is no chivalry in court today.

All's fair in love and war.

Argentina tried. They got their arse handed to them. And they will do if they tried again.

They're 100% in the wrong, there is no debate.
Original post by Oliver_94
Argentina should take them by force and slay any who oppose them

You forget that Argentina did take them buy force. Much good it did them: they lost the subsequent war, a lot of troops and credibility - and its ruling junta was deposed.
Original post by Thomb
I just don't see the point of fighting over a poxy little island with nothing more on it than a few thousand interbred sheep shaggers. Do you?

Go and tell Argentina to bugger off then.
Reply 29
Original post by Gwilym101
Go and tell Argentina to bugger off then.

cba.
Original post by Thomb
I just don't see the point of fighting over a poxy little island with nothing more on it than a few thousand interbred sheep shaggers. Do you?

This decision has nothing to do with the Islands themselves.

They have everything to do with some of the waters, which in turn has to do with $$$$ connected with fishing, oil and gas rights.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Drewski
All's fair in love and war.

Argentina tried. They got their arse handed to them. And they will do if they tried again.

They're 100% in the wrong, there is no debate.

obv all is not fair.
Falkland aint going nowhere.
Reply 33
Original post by 999tigger

They have everything to do with some of the waters, which in turn has to do with $$$$ connected with fishing, oil and gas rights.

Oh so now were getting somewhere.

...which belong to the islanders, not the UK. They're a self governing state. They just rely on us for defence.
The UN Opinion doesn't matter ..... The Falklands are British the islanders want to be British and that is that ...... And what was Argentina's responses to the vote a letter to David Cameron saying " Gives us back the Falklands or we will invade within 3 days ...... Wow
I really do hope they try to invade again. I've not actually had the opportunity to be in a proper shooting war, not the humanitarian nonsense the British Army currently undertakes. Id gladly defer my studies for a year or so when the reserves get sent the email asking for volunteers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
...which belong to the islanders, not the UK. They're a self governing state. They just rely on us for defence.

Just look at the map i posted, less frothing and more understanding by everyone and you might learn something.
Original post by hazzer1998
The UN Opinion doesn't matter ..... The Falklands are British the islanders want to be British and that is that ...... And what was Argentina's responses to the vote a letter to David Cameron saying " Gives us back the Falklands or we will invade within 3 days ...... Wow

The UN opinion is what it is, its just an advisory body its non binding and the decision isnt final. Ot also doesnt cover any areas disputed by the Falklands.

It is to do with territorial waters and nothing to do with the Islands.
Just look at the map i posted, less frothing and more understanding by everyone and you might learn something.

The proposed expansion includes the islands, it doesnt come up in the picture though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending