The Student Room Group

residency evidence

hi, I am a British citizen but living in France for 5 yrs will I be eligible for maintenance loan??,
If yes do I have to prove my residency which was in France??
Original post by ninjamoe
hi, I am a British citizen but living in France for 5 yrs will I be eligible for maintenance loan??,
If yes do I have to prove my residency which was in France??

Only people that meet the definition of ordinary residence in the UK are eligible for a maintenance loan. If you can prove that your time in France was temporary then you might be able to prove you were only out of the country for temporary purposes.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/Government-Student-Support#layer-3942 Explains the categories of people who are eligible.
Reply 2
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/Government-Student-Support#layer-3942 Explains the categories of people who are eligible.

but it says students who hv settled status in the UK and exercised a right of residence in the EEA/Switzerland r eligible for a maintenance loan.

but it says students who hv settled status in the UK and exercised a right of residence in the EEA/Switzerland r eligible for a maintenance loan.

Will you meet criteria b) for that category?
"If you satisfy all the conditions under this category, you will be eligible for full Student Support. To be eligible:frown:a) you must be settled in the UK; and(b) you must be ordinarily resident in the UK on the day on which the first term of the first academic year of your course actually begins; and(c) you must have been ordinarily resident in England and settled in the UK immediately before leaving the UK and exercising a right of residence (this means that, before leaving the UK, you must be either a UK national, or the family member of a UK national and you have settled status, or a person with the right of permanent residence, and you or your family member has been a worker or self-employed person, or a student or self-sufficient person somewhere in the EEA or Switzerland, other than the UK); and(d) you must have been ordinarily resident in the EEA or Switzerland for the three-year period before the first day of the first academic year of your course; and(e) if, during that three-year period, you were ordinarily resident in the EEA or Switzerland mainly in order to receive full-time education, you must have been ordinarily resident in the EEA and/or Switzerland immediately before that three-year period (this does include time spent there in full-time education)."
Reply 4
yes bcs i lived in England since I was born and I lived in France for over 3 yrs.
will I be needed to prove my residency??
yes bcs i lived in England since I was born and I lived in France for over 3 yrs.
will I be needed to prove my residency??

Probably yes.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Probably yes.

And ill be resident in England at the start of the course.

hv u got any idea wht kind of evidence I will probably be asked to provide?
(edited 8 years ago)
And ill be resident in England at the start of the course.

hv u got any idea wht kind of evidence I will probably be asked to provide?

See http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1617/ft/sfe_pn1_notes_1617_d.pdf page 8 for initial requirements. If they want more then it might be tenancy agreements, bank statements, job contracts, council tax records if you had a base in the uk etc etc.
Reply 8
will they be needing proof of my residence in France??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending