The Student Room Group

The state of Israel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alkaline.
are you really gonna start this again.

Irrelevant of what your personal issue is, I think OP asks a very good question.
Original post by chemting
What? Yemenis are Muslim too... What's your point?

Edit: are they not sunni enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what if Yemeni people are Muslims, what has that got to do with my statement?

If Yemen was being taken over by the western zionists, there would be a similar reaction from Muslim people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queen-bee
Is criticism of the state of Israel considered antisemitic?
I've seen this happen quite a few times on this forum,where someone will talk about crimes committed by the state of Israel and Palestinian territory being stolen and someone will jump in to accuse them of being antisemitic. I'm just curious

It's anti Zionist, they aren't the same thing, as much as people try to brand it so. And there are many, many people who are anti Zionist, Semites included.
Original post by missfats
So what if Yemeni people are Muslims, what has that got to do with my statement?

If Yemen was being taken over by the western zionists, there would be a similar reaction from Muslim people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have not said anything about my point on selective outrage...

"western Zionists" are also selling weapons and bombs to the Salafi terror state, who are then dropping them on grandmas.
I've seen this happen quite a few times on this forum,where someone will talk about crimes committed by the state of Israel and Palestinian territory being stolen and someone will jump in to accuse them of being antisemitic. I'm just curious

In my eyes criticising Israel is legitimate but attacking palestine, Hamas or their actions is Islamophobic
Reply 65
Original post by Ethereal World
I think OP asks a very good question.

It's a stupid question and the answer is obvious to anyone with half a brain cell.
Original post by Kielbasa
It's a stupid question and the answer is obvious to anyone with half a brain cell.

You made an account just to say that ?

Irrelevant of the question people are bringing personal issues with QB into a thread that's created a lot of discussion. I've Certainly learnt some stuff reading through it especially from Plagioclase.

The OP may be a bit general but I think what I like about TSR threads is that as the discussion matures and develops it becomes more interesting.
You made an account to bore us all with your blog, dpmo.

Right, okay, so the question is pointless, but the ensuing discussion, which has gone off on a tangent from the question asked in the OP, isn't pointless. This isn't what you originally said: "OP asks a very good question". Just because the subsequent discussion touches on some, different, interesting things, doesn't make the question "good".

Ohhhhhhh really?! :rolleyes:

So either:

a) you're a banned user who is on a dupe. Seriously why bother making accounts all the time on a site that clearly doesn't cater for your trolling needs.

b) you made a dupe because you don't have the balls to say it on your main account.
Reply 68

So either:

Notice how you changed the subject.

My work here is done.
Notice how you changed the subject.

My work here is done.

Oh well, I think the merits of the question can be judged on the intention of the discussion they create...ergo good question.

Queen-Bee rules the world 2016
Reply 70
Oh well, I think the merits of the question can be judged on the intention of the discussion they create...ergo good question.

Queen-Bee rules the world 2016

I shall be making a lot more threads,I don't care if some people don't like the topic,they can kindly leave the thread.
I shall be making a lot more threads,I don't care if some people don't like the topic,they can kindly leave the thread.

I love your threads :love:
Reply 72

This word-vomit is synonymous with "Ethereal World" and means literally nothing.
This word-vomit is synonymous with "Ethereal World" and means literally nothing.

Awesome :awesome:

:bee:

we love your threads bee :ahee:
Reply 75
I love your threads :love:

Thank you,Emma. Appreciate the support
Reply 76
Original post by the bear
:bee:

we love your threads bee :ahee:

Thank you all for the support. I don't understand why some people have to be so mean. If they don't like a thread,they can choose to move along
Israel's been committing genocide since its creation

Jews in the West have been pushing White genocide through mass non-White immigration ever since

Look at the names of the people who pushed immigration under Tony Blair! all Jews

Jewish people have a history of involvement in genocides that goes ignored. The Armenian genocide, yes it was done by Turks but there were also a great many Jews in at that time including in the government...

I think the issue many have is that people will claim to be concerned about the Palestinian people, and will call for boycotts of Israeli products and such. Now that all seems fairly reasonable until you realise the fact that not all Palestinians even receive the same amount of support. We hear about the Palestinians in Israel, but rarely about the plight of Palestinians in Lebanon.

The fact is that most criticisms are aimed at Israel and never countries like Lebanon. Why is this so? I rarely hear anyone make a case for the rights of Palestinians in Lebanon who have effectively been stuck in refugee camps for 50 years or more, as well as being banned from a load of careers, they receive constant discrimination, the law prohibits them from owning a property, they are deprived of access to health care and Palestinians trying to escape Syria have been prevented from crossing the border.

Some have gone as far as to compare the treatment of Palestinians in Lebanon as similar to the apartheid system practised in South Africa.

And these same people who claim to care about a peoples right to self determination show no support for the Kurds, the largest ethnic group in the world without their own state or other groups worldwide like the West Papuans. Why do these groups get so little recognition?
(edited 8 years ago)
All I know is the majorly people who call out Israel, doing protests and trashing European Jewish people's properties ain't about that life.

They will shout and protest in the safety of first world countries but never go and confront Israelis on their own turf.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending