The Student Room Group

30th Mar: Do you leave revision to the last minute?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I always have the intent and make plans to revise. But I'm at the point now where the exams are so close and any attempt to start even now would be futile because I won't get my required grades anyway. I then get so strssed that I physically become ill and spend the whole day thinking about the amount I have to do whilst my body ejects everything it possibly can :frown:

Or if I do actually revise I seem to only focus on the stuff that I'm already great at, like doing 20 C3 papers when I was already getting UMS in the high 90s for it.
Reply 21
Original post by BBC Radio 1
This week on The Surgery Gemma & Dr Radha are talking about revision. How much revision do you think is enough? Do you think you’ve aced the revision process or are you struggling to focus when exams still feel a while away?

Share your top revision tips and you biggest revision barriers and we’ll do our best to help get you in the zone on Wednesday 30th March at 9pm on BBC Radio 1.

Please note: You can post on this forum anonymously.

"If you wait until the last minute, it only takes a minute to do."
Reply 22
Original post by ombtom
"If you wait until the last minute, it only takes a minute to do."

Very fair point. I now have an excuse :colone:
Reply 23
Original post by KaylaB
Very fair point. I now have an excuse :colone:

Parkinson's law is my best (read: only) friend.
Original post by nisha.sri
Nope I'm in gcse :smile:

GCSE and you're doing that much revision... that is very impressive. I got my GCSE results doing maximum 5 hours revision for each exam, that roughly translates to revising two or three days before an exam.
Original post by antebellum
GCSE and you're doing that much revision... that is very impressive. I got my GCSE results doing maximum 5 hours revision for each exam, that roughly translates to revising two or three days before an exam.

wow :smile: i feel like the more you revise the better and that works for me :smile:
wow :smile: i feel like the more you revise the better and that works for me :smile:

no offense, but if you need to revise 9 hours a day to get A*s you're clearly not that smart and I dread to think what you're planning for A Level.
Original post by Anonymous
no offense, but if you need to revise 9 hours a day to get A*s you're clearly not that smart and I dread to think what you're planning for A Level.

It's fine but i know some people who are EXTREMELY clever but they do more than me. They do more than 11-12 hours AND they also want A* but they do more than me. I mean different people revise different ways and I guess it's my fault for telling EVERYONE that i revise for 9 hours max everyday during the Easter. I should have kept it quiet like everyone else does. :frown: It's my fault
It's fine but i know some people who are EXTREMELY clever but they do more than me. They do more than 11-12 hours AND they also want A* but they do more than me. I mean different people revise different ways and I guess it's my fault for telling EVERYONE that i revise for 9 hours max everyday during the Easter. I should have kept it quiet like everyone else does. :frown: It's my fault

It's not healthy to do so much. Don't feel like you have to compete :smile: It is so unlikely that they actually revise for 12 hours a day.
Don't overwork yourself - you're going to go into exhaustion by the time you reach exam period which will really affect your grades in a negative way.
3 to 4 hours should be enough :smile:
It's not healthy to do so much. Don't feel like you have to compete :smile: It is so unlikely that they actually revise for 12 hours a day.
Don't overwork yourself - you're going to go into exhaustion by the time you reach exam period which will really affect your grades in a negative way.
3 to 4 hours should be enough :smile:

Why are you posting Anonymously :smile:
Ok I will try :smile: I don't feel exhausted though :s-smilie:
Thanks for your advice though are you currently doing your gcse? If so how much do you revise for? So i can get a rough idea from everyone

Revision works differently for different people. And just because you revise for 9 hours, doesn't mean you're not clever enough. It could just mean that it provides the extra confidence or boost for you to know that you'll do well in your exam. And if you like revising and can revise for 9 hours, then why not?

P.S I'm one of those people who can't revise for long so I envy your ability.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by UnknownAnon
Revision works differently for different people. And just because you revise for 9 hours, doesn't mean you're not clever enough. It could just mean that it provides the extra confidence or boost for you to know that you'll do well in your exam. And if you like revising and can revise for 9 hours, then why not?

:smile: Aw Thank you for making me feel happy :smile: Your great :smile: Exactly, I just feel like the more i revise for the better my grades would be because normally i get A's and A*'s but who knows how easy or hard the exams are going to be like. I just want to get good grades :smile:
Thanks for your advice though are you currently doing your gcse? If so how much do you revise for? So i can get a rough idea from everyone

People can get quite aggressive so I stay on anon :biggrin:
When I did gcses I revised like 3 hours a day :smile:

Spoiler

(not in this convo but i'll butt in :tongue:)

I'm only doing like 2 hours a day aha - I'm trying to treat this as a break as well as a way to get revision resources ready because it's our last break essentially until the 18th(ish) of June :smile:
I've never heard of somebody doing 9! :eek:

Spoiler

People can get quite aggressive so I stay on anon :biggrin:
When I did gcses I revised like 3 hours a day :smile:

Spoiler

Wow :smile: Great Grades but i really don't understand it. I mean the more you revise the better because no one knows how hard the exams are going to be.
I won't get aggressive lol :smile: Please tell me who you are , I just want to see if i know you :smile:
Original post by surina16
(not in this convo but i'll butt in :tongue:)

I'm only doing like 2 hours a day aha - I'm trying to treat this as a break as well as a way to get revision resources ready because it's our last break essentially until the 18th(ish) of June :smile:
I've never heard of somebody doing 9! :eek:

Spoiler

:smile: I don't know i just do it :smile: I guess i should delete my post on here everyone's going to question me i think i've had enough :smile:
I know people who do 11-12 hours
I actually start revising, officially, from April Easter half-term all the way up to my exams! I revise every single day starting from Easter. I am the laziest little **** around! My revision technique consists of lot's of water + cake for the extra sugar boost for concentration as I procrastinate and day dream 24/7.

I take 100 breaks.... but in total revise for 6-9 hours a day.

After a few hours of Government & Politics my mind wonders and blanks out. Victorian sponge cake with icing keeps me on track!!!! :borat:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Parasite
I actually start revising, officially, from April Easter half-term all the way up to my exams! I revise every single day starting from Easter. I am the laziest little **** around! My revision technique consists of lot's of water + cake for the extra sugar boost for concentration as I procrastinate and day dream 24/7.

After a few hours of Government & Politics my mind wonders and blanks out. Victorian sponge cake with icing keeps me on track!!!! :borat:

Thank you like thank you very much for saying that revising for 8-9 hours is fine. :smile:
These people think i am dumb look above :frown:
:smile: I don't know i just do it :smile: I guess i should delete my post on here everyone's going to question me i think i've had enough :smile:
I know people who do 11-12 hours

If you don't mind me asking, what do you specifically do when you 'revise'? :smile:
Original post by Parasite

the cake thing couldn't be more true! I'm going to be obese by the time exams start D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending