The Student Room Group

Do girls like tall guys or taller guys?

I think its a given that most girls like their boyfriend to be taller than them but girls, do you like guys who are tall as in like "taller than average" so above 5 foot 10 and above.

Or do girls just want the guy to be taller than them?

Cause I'm short but I'm still taller than the average girl but shorter than an average boy.

So girls, do you just want the guy to be taller than you or is being objectively tall better?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i prefer tall guys who are equal to or greater than five foot 10, nothing wrong with shorter guys though :h:
Tbh height doesn't really bother me, but as I'm quite short I don't want the guy to be too tall otherwise it's just awkward.
Reply 3
tbh if we're being blunt, tall guys are v nice, but personally sometimes I feel that over 5'10 is a little too tall?idk though, at the end of the day to judge someone on their height, or looks is equally as bad as saying "I'd only go out with someone with dd cups or above" so who is anyone to judge hahah
I don't understand this obsession everyone has with heights. Are you going to pop out a measuring tape every time you meet someone and then say 'sorry mate, you're too short but come back when you grow 4cm'?
Original post by Legendary Quest
I don't understand this obsession everyone has with heights. Are you going to pop out a measuring tape every time you meet someone and then say 'sorry mate, you're 4cm too short'?

No but its not difficult too estimate someone's height.
Reply 6
I don't understand this obsession everyone has with heights. Are you going to pop out a measuring tape every time you meet someone and then say 'sorry mate, you're too short but come back when you grow 4cm'?

I wouldn't, but it seems girls care about it more. I mean I wouldn't date a girl I'd have to look up to, I don't know why I prefer girls my height or shorter maybe I've been conditioned to think like that.

Original post by hsm998
tbh if we're being blunt, tall guys are v nice, but personally sometimes I feel that over 5'10 is a little too tall?idk though, at the end of the day to judge someone on their height, or looks is equally as bad as saying "I'd only go out with someone with dd cups or above" so who is anyone to judge hahah

5 foot 10 is only 1 inch above average height for guys. I mean personally I probably wouldn't be attracted to a girl who was like 2 foot tall or like 3 foot tall.
Original post by Xenon17
No but its not difficult too estimate someone's height.

Would you turn someone down because of their height? :redface:
Original post by mkap
i prefer tall guys who are equal to or greater than five foot 10, nothing wrong with shorter guys though :h:

So there is something wrong with them?
Original post by Dinasaurus
I wouldn't, but it seems girls care about it more. I mean I wouldn't date a girl I'd have to look up to, I don't know why I prefer girls my height or shorter maybe I've been conditioned to think like that.

Fair enough. I find that interesting :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by Trump POTUS
So there is something wrong with them?

of course there isnt, av been out with shorter guys in the past, its just a preference, everybody has them. sop trying to pick a fight
Fair enough. I find that interesting :tongue:

Would you date a guy shorter than you? I've rarely seen it, I think I was either shorter than or same as my ex but it was like an inch at most.
Original post by mkap
of course there isnt, av been out with shorter guys in the past, its just a preference, everybody has them. sop trying to pick a fight

How am I picking a fight? :lol: I asked you a question based on what you said.

You don't prefer shorter guys so you think there is something wrong with them. Stop lying.
I think its a given that most girls like their boyfriend to be taller than them but girls, do you like guys who are tall as in like "taller than average" so above 5 foot 10 and above.

Or do girls just want the guy to be taller than them?

Cause I'm short but I'm still taller than the average girl but shorter than an average boy.

So girls, do you just want the guy to be taller than you or is being objectively tall better?

Q) How many threads have you made today?
I've seen so many threads created by you today :biggrin: Last one I remember was something to do with hair and cross referencing to a picture or something :lol:

Q) How tall are you? :redface:

Original post by mkap

I just barely make it on your list as I'm 5'10. :laugh:
I prefer guys who are the same height as me/taller than me. I'm only 5ft 5 so if he's my height or above that's fine :smile:
Would you turn someone down because of their height? :redface:

If it was extreme difference I wouldn't notice them so no.
Would you date a guy shorter than you? I've rarely seen it, I think I was either shorter than or same as my ex but it was like an inch at most.

I would. If he was a very nice person then I don't see why I would turn him down simply because of his height. Height isn't really something that I care about :tongue:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Q) How many threads have you made today?
I've seen so many threads created by you today :biggrin: Last one I remember was something to do with hair and cross referencing to a picture or something :lol:

Q) How tall are you? :redface:

I just barely make it on your list as I'm 5'10. :laugh:

One, just this one. I'm like 5 foot 5, this thread isn't supposed to be like about me. It's cause I saw the other thread by the guy with the simpsons character about only 4% of girls are taller than their boyfriends or something.
Yes they pref taller

its a psychological thing

taller = better protection for family = safer = successful breeding
Reply 19
They care about how tall you are compared to other men, not compared to themselves

Quick Reply

Latest