The Student Room Group

Muslim Girl on the train

Started talking to a Muslim girl on the train, she said she was thinking about leaving Islam as she didn't think it was equal for women.

She had a Quran in English and showed me these verses, I was shocked.

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women.

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Scroll to see replies

Yes, a random muslim girl on the train would definitely start talking to a stranger about wanting to leave Islam.
Point?
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
Yes, a random muslim girl on the train would definitely start talking to a stranger about wanting to leave Islam.

We had a bit of small talk prior to that.
Reply 4
Original post by datmofo
Started talking to a Muslim girl on the train, she said she was thinking about leaving Islam as she didn't think it was equal for women.

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women.

So you said to yourself I mean this girl on the train said to you she wants to leave Islam and I'm guessing because of these quotes which you remembered exactly?

Cool.
Anyway yes everyone knows this, sexism exists, what now.
Reply 5
Original post by malign
So you said to yourself I mean this girl on the train said to you she wants to leave Islam and I'm guessing because of these quotes which you remembered exactly?

Cool.

Good England. But yes, I have a very good memory.

I'm just curious how women can be muslim when Islam is so sexist.
Original post by datmofo

Ah! Your second quote goes on to say, and if not two men, then one man and two women....
+
This is trying to say how women are naturally more sentimental, so thus they always try to help the side who is morally correct. But if we take a war for example, we need to fight to survive... A women may try to be a pacifist in this circumstance, but we need to do what's right even when there may be sacrifices to be made...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
maybe muslim girl can answer

@mkap @HAnwar
Original post by malign

Cool.

BTW Those quotes are correct!
No its not sexism, its a much more in depth cause
oh for god's sake man
Original post by datmofo
maybe muslim girl can answer

@mkap @HAnwar

I answered!
If a man wants the portion of two females, he really had better do his squats :colondollar:
Reply 12
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Ah! Your second quote goes on to say, and if not two men, then one man and two women....
+
This is trying to say how women are naturally more sentimental, so thus we always try to help the side who is morally correct. But if we take a war for example, we need to fight to survive... A women may try to be a pacifist in this circumstance, but we need to do what's right even when there may be sacrifices to be made...

Some men are more sentimental than women and what about Joan of Arc?

Also why are you ignoring the other quotes?
Original post by Slutty Salafi
If a man wants the portion of two females, he really had better do his squats :colondollar:

Erm... You know he means that a man will get double of a female in terms of estate from parents...
Reply 14
BTW Those quotes are correct!
No its not sexism, its a much more in depth cause

could you explain, thanks.
Original post by datmofo
Some men are more sentimental than women and what about Joan of Arc?

Also why are you ignoring the other quotes?

Correct. However this is in general... I can say that I am most likely more sentimental than a women...
Original post by SeanFM

ily
Erm... You know he means that a man will get double of a female in terms of estate from parents...

nuh-uh
Reply 18
Correct. However this is in general... I can say that I am most likely more sentimental than a women...

what about that?
Original post by datmofo

Omg dude, I remember you from last time.

Latest