The Student Room Group

MA in Fantasy (Glasgow)

For the last few months I've been trying to make a decision regarding which postgraduate I want to do. I've studied English and was thinking about following up with Victorian Literature, but then I saw the Glasgow uni offers a MA in Fantasy and I got really excited.

The MA seems really interesting but I'm somewhat hesitant because I don't know 'what to do with it'. It has also only existed for a year, so I'm worried the quality might not be as good or it might not be regarded highly.
So I'm tempted to go for the 'safer' option after all...

I was hoping that someone who's currently doing this master could tell me something about it. Or if anyone has advice on 'new' postgraduates.
Awesome never realised you ccould study that. id pefer one in fantasy and sci fi, but then I will stick to just reading. What use would it be?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Awesome never realised you ccould study that. id pefer one in fantasy and sci fi, but then I will stick to just reading. What use would it be?

I'm a bit confused but.... That MA only exists for a year so maybe that's why. And it also looks at media beyond literature :smile:

Combining fantasy and sci fi does sound good though!
Original post by Syringa
I'm a bit confused but.... That MA only exists for a year so maybe that's why. And it also looks at media beyond literature :smile:

Combining fantasy and sci fi does sound good though!

Not wanting to put you off but make sure theres a use for it or accept if its an indulgence. £10,000 on soemthing with no use is a waste when you ccould buy £10k worth of books an cinema tickets.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Not wanting to put you off but make sure theres a use for it or accept if its an indulgence. £10,000 on soemthing with no use is a waste when you ccould buy £10k worth of books an cinema tickets.

But I definitely want to do a postgraduate anyhow. And if you argue that way, there would be no use for either options :') That would be depressing
Original post by Syringa
But I definitely want to do a postgraduate anyhow. And if you argue that way, there would be no use for either options :':wink: That would be depressing

If its worth the money for you, then go for it. I was just wondering whether you had any special use for it after? Hopefully you can talk to the course organsers and they can sell it to you. Theres an mA in Science Fiction studies @ Liverpool
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending