The Student Room Group

Primary Ed - Which uni to choose???

Hi, I am currently doing an access to HE course and then going to uni in Sep to become a primary teacher. I've got offers from Durham and Oxford Brookes and I don't know which to choose.
Obviously durham is the better uni and has a better course, but I love the city of Oxford and the campus there, whereas the Durham campus is in Stockton and it's very industrial.
I am ambitious and would like to progress to head of dep. and then head teacher as part of my career, and what I want to know is, will it matter which uni I have gone to? Or is experience/attitude more important?

If I go to Oxford Brookes and get a good degree, will I have as good a chance as if I go to Durham?
Thanks for your advice in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by hatchett1
Hi, I am currently doing an access to HE course and then going to uni in Sep to become a primary teacher. I've got offers from Durham and Oxford Brookes and I don't know which to choose.
Obviously durham is the better uni and has a better course, but I love the city of Oxford and the campus there, whereas the Durham campus is in Stockton and it's very industrial.
I am ambitious and would like to progress to head of dep. and then head teacher as part of my career, and what I want to know is, will it matter which uni I have gone to? Or is experience/attitude more important?

If I go to Oxford Brookes and get a good degree, will I have as good a chance as if I go to Durham?
Thanks for your advice in advance :smile:

A degree from Durham is the better degree. Durham is a much better uni it is RG and has a very prestigious reputation
Reply 2
Progression in your career will depend on success on the job, not where you got your degree.

Think about where you'd like to live and work in future, you're likely to be offered jobs by placement schools if you do decent enough.

Becoming head of dep./head teacher won't have anything to do with your degree.
Reply 3
Thanks for your response; what experience are you speaking from?? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hatchett1
Thanks for your response; what experience are you speaking from?? :smile:

I've worked as a TA for a year and I've done a PGCE in Primary teaching. When you're working your career progression will be judged on performance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending