The Student Room Group

Emotional timeline - waiting for your A-level (or equiv) results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
Ahh what makes you most nervous about it? How they'll feel or how it will affect them?

Oh, both. It's hard to watch and wait to see if their hopes and dreams are going to go up in smoke. However, that's also quite a way in the past and they both did fine.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Oh, both. It's hard to watch and wait to see if their hopes and dreams are going to go up in smoke. However, that's also quite a way in the past and they both did fine.

Aw that's really sweet :h: It must be soo rewarding when they're happy about it. I'm glad both of yours worked out!
Stage one
I was pleased i'd managed to even finish the last few as one of my grandparents had been terminally ill that year and ended up in the icu in the middle of my exam, so i guess i had a sense of accomplishment.

Stage two
I was still glad they were over and coming to realise that with my calculations I might not even pass two a levels and hoped i d have gotten an A in business so i d have one decent a level.

Stage three
I was getting a bit fed up.

Stage four
Nervous as i knew i had probably done the worst out of my friends ( i was one of the worse it turns out but it ended up not mattering)

Stage five
Fear

Stage six
I was looking up foundation years and clearing vacancies.
OMg it's not just me

Ily :adore:

People who say "You'll do great" are the worst. DONT THEY KNOW THE POWER OF THE JINX?! :unimpressed:
Original post by UnknownAnon
People who say "You'll do great" are the worst. DONT THEY KNOW THE POWER OF THE JINX?! :unimpressed:

You understand me!

I that :angry: :lol:
Aw that's really sweet :h: It must be soo rewarding when they're happy about it. I'm glad both of yours worked out!

Thank you. It is very hard to see your own kids suffering in any way and you wish you could bear it for them, but everyone has to make their own way in life. I've no doubt your parents feel the same about you, although I'm sure they have no need to worry.
Thank you. It is very hard to see your own kids suffering in any way and you wish you could bear it for them, but everyone has to make their own way in life. I've no doubt your parents feel the same about you, although I'm sure they have no need to worry.

That sounds quite harsh but thank you! I do try my best :colondollar:
Original post by UnknownAnon
Anyone else start getting dreams about your results a few days before results day? So even at night you're not safe

Or get very superstitious? Like "I can't walk under that ladder or it'll jinx my grades" :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl: so true

I avoid all cracks in pavements too :u:
Stage one
Finished my exams.

Stage two
A week into summer. Finished exams.

Stage three
Half way through summer. Exams finished a month ago

Stage four
Beginning of August. Results day approaching, exams finished.

Stage five
A few days before results

Stage six
The day before results day.

Stage seven
Results day. Open my results and its 3 A*s, as expected.

Stage eight
Finished results day, continue with summer till autumn
That sounds quite harsh but thank you! I do try my best :colondollar:

I didn't mean it to - probably phrased it wrong. I mean that they will be hoping everything goes well for you, even if they aren't saying so.
I didn't mean it to - probably phrased it wrong. I mean that they will be hoping everything goes well for you, even if they aren't saying so.

Ohh no I meant harsh for the parent - it must be quite hard to withstand all that tension!
Original post by CoolCavy
Omg feel like u have made it in life when you get quoted by She-ra :giggle: and if you want me to? :colondollar:

Yes please I'd love their perspective too :smile:
Original post by Daniel9998
Stage one
Finished my exams.

Stage two
A week into summer. Finished exams.

Stage three
Half way through summer. Exams finished a month ago

Stage four
Beginning of August. Results day approaching, exams finished.

Stage five
A few days before results

Stage six
The day before results day.

Stage seven
Results day. Open my results and its 3 A*s, as expected.

Stage eight
Finished results day, continue with summer till autumn

How do you feel at each of those stages? :smile:
Original post by She-Ra
How do you feel at each of those stages? :smile:

I feel ok
Ohh no I meant harsh for the parent - it must be quite hard to withstand all that tension!

Oh, that goes with the territory - it never stops.
Oh, that goes with the territory - it never stops.

Oh wow :redface:
Oh wow :redface:

Moral - don't have kids until you're ready for that!:wink:
Moral - don't have kids until you're ready for that!:wink:

I'm sure it's even more rewarding though when things go well!
I used to just sit my exams and then forget about them until results day :redface:
I'm sure it's even more rewarding though when things go well!

Definitely.

Quick Reply

Latest