The Student Room Group

Can someone motivate me to study ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by StarsDestination
If you don't study right now I'll kill you.
Remember I am already following you :colone:

Reported for threats of violence.
Original post by nisha.sri
Dude idc but this is actually making me so unhappy it's not just you but everyone
PEOPLE REVISE FOR 11 HOURS and there is me for 9 hours and people make a big deal. Why did i even tell people this :frown: I'm useless :frown:

well i dont know you and im not in the position to tell you this but
ask yourself is it helping?
if yes -> keep doing it
if no-> change
dont compare yourself to others, if someone revises effectively for 3 hours they can still do better than someone who revises for 6 hours
Original post by wdkmwd
Reported for threats of violence.

Just a prank bro. I thought it would be motivational :frown:

People these days are so easily offended. Good luck in life.
:smile: It is helping me a lot :smile:
:smile: It is helping me a lot :smile:

im not gonna lie...i envy you for having the motivation for doing 9 hours...
after i do about 2 or 3 i stop and feel like ****
Reply 25
Just a prank bro. I thought it would be motivational :frown:

People these days are so easily offended. Good luck in life.

Jokes on you for thinking I was actually gonna report you.
:smile: BTW I do 9 hours some days but some days i am literally like f*** this :smile: But some days i just work work work work :smile: but i take breaks then get distracted etc.. but i manage to do 8 hours or maybe 7 hours
Original post by wdkmwd
Jokes on you for thinking I was actually gonna report you.

Jokes on you for not realizing that there are a significant number of people who get offended over meaningless comments online and therefore the new default position is to take a precautionary stance.

Ok fine I concede :biggrin:
:smile: BTW I do 9 hours some days but some days i am literally like f*** this :smile: But some days i just work work work work :smile: but i take breaks then get distracted etc.. but i manage to do 8 hours or maybe 7 hours

i think you should be giving motivation instead :biggrin:
Reply 29
Jokes on you for not realizing that there are a significant number of people who get offended over meaningless comments online and therefore the new default position is to take a precautionary stance.

Ok fine I concede :biggrin:

Jokes on you for conceding :biggrin::biggrin:
Not atm lol
Original post by wdkmwd
Jokes on you for conceding :biggrin::biggrin:

Jokes on you for not realizing I conceded the battle so that I can win the war :awesome:
Reply 32
Jokes on you for not realizing I conceded the battle so that I can win the war :awesome:

Jokes on you because now I'm actually gonna report that earlier comment.

Hahhahaha.

Jokes. Not gonna

Swell discussion
I know do you know anyone else like that in terms of youtubers :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5LwWef5lsw

:smile:
Reply 34
think about how much of a loser you might be if you fail
or at least how much trouble you'll get into by your folks if you fail
or financial trouble if you're at Uni
You walk in to your school on results day. You feel confident, I mean you read the revision guide 16 times right?

You open the envelope and pull out the paper. D's and C's. You feel crushed inside, knowing pretty much your whole life dream is over. You can see your friends celebrating and smiling, and they ask you how you did, and you tell them and break in to tears.

You walk back to the car where your parents wait, hopeful. They ask you how you've done and their faces drop. They phone your gran to tell her the bad news.

@nisha.sri
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by richpanda
You walk in to your school on results day. You feel confident, I mean you read the revision guide 16 times right?

You open the envelope and pull out the paper. D's and C's. You feel crushed inside, knowing pretty much your whole life dream is over. You can see your friends celebrating and smiling, and they ask you how you did, and you tell them and break in to tears.

You walk back to the car where your parents wait, hopeful. They ask you how you've done and their faces drop. They phone your gran to tell her the bad news.

that doesnt make me motivated that makes me want to **** myself
Original post by AlmightyJesus
GCSEs don't matter, from the perspective of a 2nd year russell (brand) group uni-goer
but they matter if you're going to oxbridge

Not necessarily.

In another thread Peterhouse College in Cambridge provided statistics which showed that there were a substantial number of Law offer-holders who achieved 0-1 A*'s.

GCSE are only useful as an indicator of what your A-Level results might be like.

Though if you went from maybe a couple of A's to straight A*'s at A-Level, obviously that would make up for it.

There are no minimum GCSE grades for Cambridge or Oxford. It just so happens that those who get high GCSE grades tend to get good results at A-Level.

With the new spec changes though, if you're not taking AS exams, then GCSEs will unfortunately become more important.
I found it extremely funny :biggrin:
Reply 39
just do 10 minutes of revision, every hour or 2 hours... This way you'll either do the work in small chunks or once you've started you'll be in the flow of things and not stop. When you are studying have a smoothie or water or tea or something like that next to you so you won't go downstairs to get something to eat and get distracted. Also, do things like only eat chocolate/play on your Xbox/ whatever after 10 minutes of studying or after you've learnt a topic. Read through your notes before you go to bed everynight or during breakfast as this is easy but can help a little :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest