The Student Room Group

Do girls like tall guys or taller guys?

Scroll to see replies

I imagine that stature is important as well as height. I'm 6'0'', but skinny as a lamp post. I don't think I qualify as what most girls would imagine as a 'dreamy tall guy'.

Most tall people are very lanky.

Girls would probably prefer someone your height, OP, with a decent stature/weight, than someone like me who looks like a gangly noodle.

:wink:
Original post by Amellia123
Yes Alex I know your height.... :wink:

James. :hat2:
Original post by stefano865
Size Queen. :teehee:

He was very good looking, just a bit petite.
Original post by leavingthecity
He was very good looking, just a bit petite.

Only joking. :tongue:

It's natural. The woman wants to feel like a woman and the man wants to feel like a man.

Hence in only 4% of couples the woman is taller.
Only joking. :tongue:

It's natural. The woman wants to feel like a woman and the man wants to feel like a man.

Hence in only 4% of couples the woman is taller.

Yes, I suppose most people want to feel like they are acting out some kind of romantic ideal. I have no good reason for wanting a tall man. I'm pretty sure I can look after myself.

As for 'alpha males' been there done that and would avoid going forward.
:h:

How tall are you?
Original post by Dinasaurus
I wouldn't, but it seems girls care about it more. I mean I wouldn't date a girl I'd have to look up to, I don't know why I prefer girls my height or shorter maybe I've been conditioned to think like that.

5 foot 10 is only 1 inch above average height for guys. I mean personally I probably wouldn't be attracted to a girl who was like 2 foot tall or like 3 foot tall.

That's heightism
Personally I don't mind if a guy is a few inches smaller than I am, a 5 foot tall guy is too short for me but on the flipside any man over 6 foot 1 is too tall for me aswell
do bears **** in the woods? let's debate these questions
Original post by Legendary Quest
I don't understand this obsession everyone has with heights. Are you going to pop out a measuring tape every time you meet someone and then say 'sorry mate, you're too short but come back when you grow 4cm'?

This is TSR - nobody is quite obsessed with Islam, Trump, grades, feminism, rape culture, alpha/beta males or height quite like the TSR community are :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WoodyMKC
This is TSR - nobody is quite obsessed with Islam, Trump, feminism, rape culture, alpha/beta males or height quite like the TSR community are :lol:

Perfectly summed up tbh. :tongue:
Original post by AlmightyJesus
do bears **** in the woods? let's debate these questions

Is the Pope a Catholic?

Another one. :wink:
Original post by keturah
How tall are you?

5'10. :wink:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
I prefer taller guys as in above average. I don't know something about taller guy that always attracts me, no matter what. Ideal height for a guy imo would be 6ft-6'2. :daydreaming::love:
Original post by leavingthecity
Yes, I suppose most people want to feel like they are acting out some kind of romantic ideal. I have no good reason for wanting a tall man. I'm pretty sure I can look after myself.

As for 'alpha males' been there done that and would avoid going forward.

Was it enjoyable? :tongue:
James. :hat2:

So its James now is it? Make your mind up!! :tongue:
So long as they're not shorter than me I'm not too bothered. And that's not hard to achieve, given I'm about 5'3
Original post by Amellia123
So its James now is it? Make your mind up!! :tongue:

70% Alex
30% James

Spoiler

I've went out with a guy who was 6ft 4-5 and it was a bit awkward like quite sore on neck when kissing etc.

Comfort wise, it's nice to have someone closer to your height. I haven't been with a guy smaller than me but I guess a majority of girls prefer guys who are taller than them.
70% Alex
30% James

Spoiler

Ooo I see, so 70% bad boy and 30% cool guy?! Amellia approves :wink:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest