The Student Room Group

Making Love at University

Alright so I've got a girlfriend that is going to want to visit me and stay over a few times while I'm at university. I'm currently looking at university accommodation for when I go there later this year. I keep seeing single beds in every halls of residence I search. This is okay for me but are the beds in halls likely to break while me and my girlfriend are having sex?

Scroll to see replies

Hahahahahahahaha no they won't because they're on a solid block of wood, it's not exactly a proper 'bed'.
Reply 2
Original post by Justmoll28
Hahahahahahahaha no they won't because they're on a solid block of wood, it's not exactly a proper 'bed'.

Thanks. It somehow came up in conversation with me and my girlfriend the other day and it actually got us wondering.
Trust me, nothing will happen to your bed but the person next to your room would be at a high risk to die if you have loud sex. I've stopped complaining now cos I'm so used to it but my flatmate has such a loud sex..like omg NO! Its like they're having sex in my room:indiff:
You're unlikely to break a single bed during sex. Sleeping with someone in a single bed isn't the most comfortable, but its worse for a ons and not too bad occasionally in a relationship.
Original post by RodrígoRTN
Thanks. It somehow came up in conversation with me and my girlfriend the other day and it actually got us wondering.

You should be more worried about people stealing your milk and how easy it is for the people next to you to hear moaning than breaking the bed, I can hear my flatmate 3 doors down turn on their tap..just saying

You should pay more for your accommodation, love.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
You should pay more for your accommodation, love.

Jesus christ you're either not a student or mummy and daddy have paid for everything 😂😂
Original post by BrokenLife
Trust me, nothing will happen to your bed but the person next to your room would be at a high risk to die if you have loud sex. I've stopped complaining now cos I'm so used to it but my flatmate has such a loud sex..like omg NO! Its like they're having sex in my room:indiff:

You sure she's not being raped? Don't hear many people being like OMG NO! during sex :lolwut:
Reply 9
Dw they won't break - a lot of students have sex on them :rofl:
Jesus christ you're either not a student or mummy and daddy have paid for everything 😂😂

I am a student and Mummy and Daddy didn't pay for everything. What next?
Original post by WoodyMKC
You sure she's not being raped? Don't hear many people being like OMG NO! during sex :lolwut:

Hahaha omg I'm dead!! Actually 'OMG NO!' is my reaction to everytime I hear them having sex..like I don't want to hear it:colonhash::angry:

But yeah I gotta say that the way his gf makes loud noises, I sometimes fear for her well being. :colonhash:
Reply 12
Ngl if the wood at the back is crap it can get dislodged and ruin the mood... Maybe it was just a poorly made bed but yeah
Hahaha omg I'm dead!! Actually 'OMG NO!' is my reaction to everytime I hear them having sex..like I don't want to hear it:colonhash::angry:

But yeah I gotta say that the way his gf makes loud noises, I sometimes fear for her well being. :colonhash:

It's a huge turn-on when a girl is audibly into it, but not when I know people can hear her :lol:
Reply 14
It's a huge turn-on when a girl is audibly into it, but not when I know people can hear her :lol:

Nah it's great banter. It's when you walk out shirtless after with a Caesar
attitude 'I came, I saw, I conquered'

I understand that its a turn on for guys but please have some respect for those who lives right next to you. When you can hear the bed moving, you know its too much.:colonhash::angry:
Original post by whorace
Nah it's great banter. It's when you walk out shirtless after with a Caesar
attitude 'I came, I saw, I conquered'

Great banter when you get "Ayyyyyyyyyy!" from lads outside :rofl:
Reply 17
I understand that its a turn on for guys but please have some respect for those who lives right next to you. When you can hear the bed moving, you know its too much.:colonhash::angry:

So guilty right now, the beds we had were really woody at the back and it dislodged and flew everywhere, ruined the 2am fun
What do you mean what next? Surely if you're in the same situation as me then you wouldn't need to comment like that. If you was a students youd know that changing halls two semesters in would be pointless? I'm quite happy with where I live and I'm happy with how much rent I pay so thanks for your concern, knobhead

Two semesters in? I think that is the most opportune time to move into new accommodation because it would mark the end of the academic year. I think you meant "term", chica.

You're clearly not too happy with where you live if you're complaining that your bed is uncomfortable and you can hear your next-door-but-two's tap.
Original post by Jenx301
Dw they won't break - a lot of students have sex on them :rofl:

It's almost like they were designed with adolescents in mind :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending