The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
So let's kill those pesky methane producing cattle!

Maybe that is the choice that we have to chose to save this planet.

Original post by lytran
Meat is great and it contains vitamin A, B and D not only proteins . They promote good vision, stronger teeth and bones but it also support the central nervous system thus promoting mental health as well with other millions stuff + it tastes damn good. A reasonable amount of meat per week is good but too much of anything is bad :smile:

That is true, but all the vitamins you mentioned I can get from plants, notably kale and spinach. I get my proteins from nuts and seeds and I get my calcium from spinach.
Original post by chocolatesauce
burning oil is burning dead plants, crude oil are dead plants and animals and anyway it would be carbon neutral in that case since we're burning the same amount of oxygen and co2 that's taken in as given out.

We don't burn oxygen, we use oxygen to burn the oil.

It's not carbon neutral. Carbon neutral is when its possible to replace the material burnt. So if I were to burn a tree, I could replace it with a new tree and after a few decades that new tree may absorb the carbon dioxide that was released when I burnt the old one.

However, crude oil takes millions of years to form and when I burn it, the carbon dioxide is released all at once. The amount of carbon dioxide crude oil produces can't be replaced (unless you have a million years to spare growing trees). Don't write burning crude oil is carbon neutral in an exam. :tongue:
Original post by cookiejjch

That is true, but all the vitamins you mentioned I can get from plants, notably kale and spinach. I get my proteins from nuts and seeds and I get my calcium from spinach.

Exactly! Kill them and eat their meat :yep:
Several studies have shown that between 13% and 51% of CO2 emissions in our world's atmosphere are produced by animal agriculture. The whole of the transport industry only produces 15% of the world's CO2 emissions.

Given that massive range, what if it's only 13%? Then transport would produce more right?
Original post by champ_mc99
Given that massive range, what if it's only 13%? Then transport would produce more right?

Yes, however, I believe the lower amount is just to do with the agriculture whereas the higher number also includes the deforestation caused by the need to house cattle and also the energy used to raise and slaughter the animals.
Original post by champ_mc99
We don't burn oxygen, we use oxygen to burn the oil.

It's not carbon neutral. Carbon neutral is when its possible to replace the material burnt. So if I were to burn a tree, I could replace it with a new tree and after a few decades that new tree may absorb the carbon dioxide that was released when I burnt the old one.

However, crude oil takes millions of years to form and when I burn it, the carbon dioxide is released all at once. The amount of carbon dioxide crude oil produces can't be replaced (unless you have a million years to spare growing trees). Don't write burning crude oil is carbon neutral in an exam. :tongue:
right I may have got that a little wrong but I'll have you know I passed my exams with solid A*s :tongue:
Reply 46

In addition , It also help to generate muscles :smile: and I don't think plants can help you do that especially considering chicken (unless you don't want muscles ) Moreover, you won't have enough vitamin B12 which is only found in meat, fish, eggs and milk . And I highly doubt that you would eat eggs everyday because that will cause you a serious health problem -referencing to the level of cholesterol > chicken.
I did mention where I got my protein from. I am aged 15 and 6"3 so I don't think I'm lacking in calcium or protein. Vitamin B12 is only found as a bacterium, not as meat and therefore I can get it from unwashed fruits and vegetables, as people would have done in the 1700s.
Reply 48
foe dese 17 inch swans.
Are you all gonna remain in the darkness like the majority of the people? When people are dumbfounded to hear that I don't consume any meat or dairy products, 20 billion things run through my mind, however, this is the first thing.Every time you purchase something with meat and dairy, know that it is coming from a shitty, corrupt place - a corporation that is willing to exploit and torture animals just so they can get your money. For those that are gonna comment saying that local farms don't treat their animals this way, you might be right, cows might not have extremely over grown udders (they will, nevertheless, be larger than natural), they might not be treated with such disrespect, however, you have to keep in mind that that milk is not yours. We are not biologically designed to consume another species milk- we are designed to consume our own mothers milk- AS BABIES! Milk is designed exclusively for babies; to help them grow quickly after birth. Dairy is so disgustingly terrible for your health; it increases chances of osteoporosis, arthritis, cancer, and heart disease by over 40%; also makes you gain weight/hinders your ability to loose any stubborn fat.. It ALSO has so much hormones and crap that it cause you to breakout or have acne.Despite the ethical and health aspects, the meat and dairy industry are the #1 leading cause of climate change. Animal by-products come from exploited, scared, and tortured animals; they're also 100% unnecessary for the human body to thrive.
Cos it's delicious..:u:
Enjoy your cancer on a plate people.
Reply 52
How could you work without that protein
[video="youtube;fwqzcXwVTts"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwqzcXwVTts[/video]
If anyone wants to learn more about veganism or vegetarianism please don't be afraid to inbox me, I can help you with your journey into becoming healthier, saving the animals and the planet.
We have enough food for everyone in the world right now.

The problem ain't cows munching it all.

The problem is unequal distribution.

It literally is? We grow crops to feed these animals. More land is taken up for growing their food than ours. If we started feeding it to humans we'd have more than enough to feed the whole planet. Do your research.
Original post by Wolfegirl98
It literally is? We grow crops to feed these animals. More land is taken up for growing their food than ours. If we started feeding it to humans we'd have more than enough to feed the whole planet. Do your research.

We DO have more than enough to feed the whole planet.

As I have repeatedly said, the reason that this food is not satiating everyone's hunger is because it is unevenly distrubuted..
image.jpeg
A strong animal like this does not need animal protein so why do humans. The intestines of a lion are extremely short compared to ours making it suitable for fast digestion of meat, our intestines are extremely long and do not break it down as well, I'm just touching the surface of this, but to conclude we are NOT designed to eat meat. We are designed to eat plants. There is no such thing as protein deficiency, every plant grown from the ground gives us protein. Research vegan body builders. They are living proof that you can be built up without having to have dead animals inside your body.
We DO have more than enough to feed the whole planet.

As I have repeatedly said, the reason that this food is not satiating everyone's hunger is because it is unevenly distrubuted..

I think there is enough food but that doesn't take into account environmental considerations.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I think there is enough food but that doesn't take into account environmental considerations.

I can accept that but half the people on this thread arguing against meat keep spouting out the same "not enough food argument" and don't seem to understand that it is false
Original post by chocolatesauce
right I may have got that a little wrong but I'll have you know I passed my exams with solid A*s :tongue:

Lol nice. But nice to bare in mind for the future.

Latest