The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
That got your attention. I actually wanted to ask why you stopped replying after I proved my point using your sources.

I completely agree with the distribution thing. But in my head it's more important to spread the word about reducing meat, then we worry about how it gets from countries like ours to countries in need.
Original post by Wolfegirl98
For me it's about ethics and the sustainability of the planet. The health is just on the side. A plant based diet shows great results in the long term. Feeding our bodies what the earth gives us, the earth we will be restored to when we die. I don't need to eat added sugar and salt. The only sugar is in my fruit which is the type of sugar that the body can break down into energy the easiest, same as carbs which I have with my dinner - pasta, rice, bread this gives me energy too and is not something that should be avoided like uneducated people suggest.

You don't eat table salt or chocolate? Anyways, the point I was making was that humans have adaptations or were designed to be able to "also" survive on meat. As long as you eat properly meat would not kill you and instead be beneficial. Hence why we have meat eating centurions. You agree? I understand your ethical reasons for not though.
Original post by Platopus
Natural selection

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Otherwise there would be too many cows around and they'd overrun the countryside. Their numbers need to be limited and if they're gonna be limited, I might as well eat them.
image.jpeg
They literally don't even have a nervous system. Grow up please

Actually scientists are studying whether plants can feel pain and there is some evidence to prove these theories. For example the smell of freshly cut grass is actually some sort of warning to fellow grasses nearby.
It's based on human behaviour

Like animals we can't stop primary consumers eating producers/autotrophs plants... We're the top predators against animals we control them.. We give ourselves order.. We rule the world

Posted from TSR Mobile
I completely agree with the distribution thing. But in my head it's more important to spread the word about reducing meat, then we worry about how it gets from countries like ours to countries in need.

You agree?

Well you certainly seemed to want to refute it in this post

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=63757217&postcount=72

Anyway this has gone on for more than enough time.

I'll enjoy my "cancer in a plate". Thanks
Original post by champ_mc99
You don't eat table salt or chocolate? Anyways, the point I was making was that humans have adaptations or were designed to be able to "also" survive on meat. As long as you eat properly meat would not kill you and instead be beneficial. Hence why we have meat eating centurions. You agree? I understand your ethical reasons for not though.

We literally should not have the other option. By not eating meat our chances of getting cancer and other life threatening illnesses are almost completely taken out of the equation (that is if it's not in you genetics of course) why wouldn't you want that for yourself and your loved ones?? I guess eating meat was far less dangerous before we were born but now the stuff they put in these animals should be going NOWHERE near these poor animals or our mouths. We should not have the choice. I will forever be against meat. Our time is running out on this earth if we continue to eat other animals. Our Amazon (the earths lungs) our fresh water, our marine life, ALL PUT AT RISK BECAUSE OF YOUR TASTEBUDS. journalists and activists are literally being murdered for speaking out about the meat and dairy industry, that's how serious this is getting.
I literally give up on meat eaters tbh. The facts are in front of you. Open your eyes to what's going on in our earth. We only have one planet and we need to take care of it. Our ecosystems are more important than our tastebuds.
We literally should not have the other option. By not eating meat our chances of getting cancer and other life threatening illnesses are almost completely taken out of the equation (that is if it's not in you genetics of course) why wouldn't you want that for yourself and your loved ones?? I guess eating meat was far less dangerous before we were born but now the stuff they put in these animals should be going NOWHERE near these poor animals or our mouths. We should not have the choice. I will forever be against meat. Our time is running out on this earth if we continue to eat other animals. Our Amazon (the earths lungs) our fresh water, our marine life, ALL PUT AT RISK BECAUSE OF YOUR TASTEBUDS. journalists and activists are literally being murdered for speaking out about the meat and dairy industry, that's how serious this is getting.

But these chances would already be negligible if we eat right. Like I said, I admit the meat industry is destroying the Earth but doesn't mean we have to give up meat. Also, these chemicals aren't all bad. Some are given to cows for example to reduce the methane emissions to reduce global warming. And that last thing about journalists being murdered is some funny conspiracy.
Every vegan I know is against meat industry without considering their friends eating meat.. I understand it tho, I wish we're all vegans so that population size of animals would exceed human population one day animals would rule the world.. Evolution is a non-stop process there would be more competition between humans and animals... Genetic mutation would change the way our brain works.. Survival of the fittest: animals vs humans the selection pressure awakens hahah.... Humans and animals would reduce biodiversity meaning there wouldn't be resources around the world.. Humans are very smart they're very sensitive to respond in the environment.. Conservation and preservation are the key.. Vegans shouldn't think about animal cruelty.. Every thing happens for a reason...

The complex truth is just about to be revealed by God..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ffs not another one of these threads. Between the veggie and the pro/anti Islam ones it's getting a bit tedious.
Original post by Simple_student
Every vegan I know is against meat industry without considering their friends eating meat.. I understand it tho, I wish we're all vegans so that population size of animals would exceed human population one day animals would rule the world.. Evolution is a non-stop process there would be more competition between humans and animals... Genetic mutation would change the way our brain works.. Survival of the fittest: animals vs humans the selection pressure awakens hahah.... Humans and animals would reduce biodiversity meaning there wouldn't be resources around the world.. Humans are very smart they're very sensitive to respond in the environment.. Conservation and preservation are the key.. Vegans shouldn't think about animal cruelty.. Every thing happens for a reason...

The complex truth is just about to be revealed by God..

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're talking rubish. The bible promotes veganism. How can animals rule the world when humans make millions of animals extict each year. You aren't thinking properly. God wouldn't want billions of animals to have their necks sliced, their babies stolen, beaten, raped, chopped into pieces.
Original post by champ_mc99
But these chances would already be negligible if we eat right. Like I said, I admit the meat industry is destroying the Earth but doesn't mean we have to give up meat. Also, these chemicals aren't all bad. Some are given to cows for example to reduce the methane emissions to reduce global warming. And that last thing about journalists being murdered is some funny conspiracy.

Well these unnatural chemicals shoved into your food aren't doing a good job when livestock contributes 70% of agricultural greenhouse. Look my main goal in life is to try and save this planet and I know the biggest step is to reduce animal agraculture and other factors contrubuting to global warming, I will soon be starting my degree in environmental geography, I'm dedicating my life to this. I just want to promote what I believe in. Go ahead and eat meat, I can't force healthier foods down your throat I can only spill my heart out online to people trying to guide them to a better lifestyle for the benefit of all of us as we are all a team on this planet. Most people are not woke yet, they still have the wool over their eyes. This is not a conspiracy, the planet is in desperate need of our help and I won't stop until I make a mark on this planet, even if it's a small one.
I literally give up on meat eaters tbh. The facts are in front of you. Open your eyes to what's going on in our earth. We only have one planet and we need to take care of it. Our ecosystems are more important than our tastebuds.

Unfortunately, everyone here will only mistake your passion for this issue as an attack on their personal freedoms and lifestyles.

When most of them talk about freedom, they talk about the principles and entitlements a human has, rather than what living beings have. They have the law on their side, so rather than trying to change the individuals, we should look to changing the law, not necessarily to the extent of banning meat production, but to the extent of destroying the censorship and propaganda that circulates it. Censorship words like "beef", "pork" and "veal" should all be torn apart and corrected to their original names. The education system should also teach kids the morals and ethics of vegetarianism and veganism, to provide free-thinking and an understanding of the planet.

This will be a gradual process; not an instantaneous one. Billions more animals will perish along the way and it's up to people like us to make a difference.
You're talking rubish. The bible promotes veganism. How can animals rule the world when humans make millions of animals extict each year. You aren't thinking properly. God wouldn't want billions of animals to have their necks sliced, their babies stolen, beaten, raped, chopped into pieces.

Just about to say my concern is not about animal cruelty my friend..

We people invented those words..
Biology is one of the vast majorities of them..

And I know what I'm saying bro, due to the fact that you're also human, I wouldn't have a pleasure about you're opinion..

In fact, it just depends on you really.. You can't control people, this supports the quote "do what you have to do" but listen my friend I'm not against veganism nor the other side..

I would rather have live on my own and benefit from what I have.. Remember we invented those words we can't sue ourselves

Just a reminder mate I'm not talking rubbish and am not being rude either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Have you never had a really juicey greasy burger before with bacon strips on top, cheese, a nice brioche bun, lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo? :colondollar:
Original post by Joel 96
Unfortunately, everyone here will only mistake your passion for this issue as an attack on their personal freedoms and lifestyles.

When most of them talk about freedom, they talk about the principles and entitlements a human has, rather than what living beings have. They have the law on their side, so rather than trying to change the individuals, we should look to changing the law, not necessarily to the extent of banning meat production, but to the extent of destroying the censorship and propaganda that circulates it. Censorship words like "beef", "pork" and "veal" should all be torn apart and corrected to their original names. The education system should also teach kids the morals and ethics of vegetarianism and veganism, to provide free-thinking and an understanding of the planet.

This will be a gradual process; not an instantaneous one. Billions more animals will perish along the way and it's up to people like us to make a difference.

I like the way you think. That was very well said. It's refreshing to see someone know what they are talking about. In an ideal world, everyone would live in harmony and there would be no killing of innocent animals but we need to think of the people in developing countries who need to sell meat to survive. I wish I'd had the choice to eat meat when I was younger. From a young age we are taught that meat and dairy are essential things needed in our diet. This is before we even know what our meat and dairy comes from.
Its quite simple why I eat meat, its because I am frankly too lazy and lacking in motivation to

a) cook my own meals
b)commit to anything that requires even the smallest amount of effort
I like the way you think. That was very well said. It's refreshing to see someone know what they are talking about.

Thank you, and likewise.

In an ideal world, everyone would live in harmony and there would be no killing of innocent animals but we need to think of the people in developing countries who need to sell meat to survive.

Very true. Rather than meat being a commodity, it would be for survival, but I'd imagine only for a little while. Remember, Third World countries would hugely benefit if the world went vegan. Thus, we'd be able to distribute the essential foods much easier, levelling the world's economies and providing substantial improvements to people's general health.

From a young age we are taught that meat and dairy are essential things needed in our diet. This is before we even know what our meat and dairy comes from.

For me, I was brought up a pescetarian and didn't start to question what I was eating until I was about 14. I believed that fish, too, were essential foods, but it wasn't until I looked in my garden pond that I finally saw a glimpse of what I was eating. Living beings. They moved, and they were conscious enough to swim past and not collide into each other.

And guess what? 3 hours later I told my mum that I wasn't eating fish for dinner. She replied, "okay", and served it to me for dinner the day after. It wasn't until then she realized I'd made a permanent decision not to eat it. She still doesn't approve of it, but hey-ho!

I completely agree with you. It's amazing to still see meat and dairy being labelled as essentials. Just take a look at any old-aged vegan and you'll see how healthy they are. All the sick people in the hospitals? I'd bet you 99% of them are meat eaters.

I was just wondering, are you vegan or vegetarian?

Latest