The Student Room Group

Really nervous about dating/and or getting into a relationship...

...because of kissing.

It sounds stupid. In 24 and never been in a relationship. A few dates and stuff but that's about it. The whole relationship thing hasn't really interested me until I hit 21/22 tbh.

Anyway, I've never kissed a girl. There's this girl I like at the moment and thinking about making my move, but concerned that if things went further than a few dates, I'll just make myself look like a tool about the whole kissing thing.

Also, would that put girls off?
Original post by Anonymous
...because of kissing.

It sounds stupid. In 24 and never been in a relationship. A few dates and stuff but that's about it. The whole relationship thing hasn't really interested me until I hit 21/22 tbh.

Anyway, I've never kissed a girl. There's this girl I like at the moment and thinking about making my move, but concerned that if things went further than a few dates, I'll just make myself look like a tool about the whole kissing thing.

What makes you nervous about kissing? Also girls shouldn't be put off. I wouldn't though i am sure some are. And honestly i would make your move. She should respect you if your not fond of kissing. There are other ways to show your love for each other such as hugs. I prefer hugs to kisses tbh. Though not in a relationship i feel it should be founded on honesty. Tell her about your kissing fear before going out with her.

SO SORRY for the long post
Reply 2
Honestly if the girl is a nice person and genuinely likes you then there is no reason why she will be put off. If it still worries you maybe after a few dates, when you feel ready to kiss her, be up front and tell her how you feel and I'm sure that she will be understanding. Also if she is put off by you not kissing anyone before then she is clearly not the right girl for you
...because of kissing.

Honestly there's not much to worry about. I was worried about kissing as well when I first got into the relationship I'm in at the moment. I told him I hadn't had my first kiss and he said he hadn't either, which made me feel better. We had our first kiss a month after seeing each other and it was a bit awkward at first, but we practised and now it's great. I don't know why I was so nervous before, once you get the first one out the way, it's really addictive. :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Naomi 2709
What makes you nervous about kissing? Also girls shouldn't be put off. I wouldn't though i am sure some are. And honestly i would make your move. She should respect you if your not fond of kissing. There are other ways to show your love for each other such as hugs. I prefer hugs to kisses tbh. Though not in a relationship i feel it should be founded on honesty. Tell her about your kissing fear before going out with her.

SO SORRY for the long post

Original post by nju
Honestly if the girl is a nice person and genuinely likes you then there is no reason why she will be put off. If it still worries you maybe after a few dates, when you feel ready to kiss her, be up front and tell her how you feel and I'm sure that she will be understanding. Also if she is put off by you not kissing anyone before then she is clearly not the right girl for you

Honestly there's not much to worry about. I was worried about kissing as well when I first got into the relationship I'm in at the moment. I told him I hadn't had my first kiss and he said he hadn't either, which made me feel better. We had our first kiss a month after seeing each other and it was a bit awkward at first, but we practised and now it's great. I don't know why I was so nervous before, once you get the first one out the way, it's really addictive. :wink:

Okay, thanks guys. I'm not really concerned about kissing- of course if I'm in a relationship I'm gonna want to kiss- just that at first I will literally have no idea what to do, and I'm afraid it might makes things too awkward and put her off.
Go for it :smile: everyone starts somewhere, if shes an understanding person it shouldnt bother her, she might even find it endearing :smile: be yourself and get over the nerves. If youre with the right person everything will fall into place.
Are you asking how to kiss or...?
...because of kissing.

I know who this is.

honestly bud im the worlds worst kisser so Im the last person to be giving advice but I will say this.

kissing although important isnt the be and end all. the reality is if yee last a few dates..she likes yeh..and an inexperienced dodgy kiss shouldnt change that.

and if it does, she not for you right now. simples.
Reply 8
go on youtube and type how to kiss
It will feel natural when you do it. Don't stress. Just remember not to use teeth ! Unless she likes that.
Start kissing her neck, believe me she will stay with you and forget all about normal kissing :wink:
Original post by neal95
Start kissing her neck, believe me she will stay with you and forget all about normal kissing :wink:

Loool neck kissing isn't for everyone. I think neck kissing should happen after the initial first kiss at least.
Original post by neal95

This.
Original post by phunky_fresh
Loool neck kissing isn't for everyone. I think neck kissing should happen after the initial first kiss at least.

yeah thats true i guess, just dont worry about it too much OP as once youve got the first time out of the way its much easier and feels a lot more natural
Original post by Biryani007
Are you asking how to kiss or...?

Original post by mkap
go on youtube and type how to kiss

Haha, nope. Sure, I don't have a clue how to if I'm being honest but I sure that'll I'll work it out once I'm in a relationship (possibly being a bit presumptuous...).

I'm more concerned with my lack of experience and how damaging that could be when getting into a relationship, if that makes sense?
Haha, nope. Sure, I don't have a clue how to if I'm being honest but I sure that'll I'll work it out once I'm in a relationship (possibly being a bit presumptuous...).

I'm more concerned with my lack of experience and how damaging that could be when getting into a relationship, if that makes sense?

Don't worry. Honestly I have no experience. When the time comes just go for it. She could be just as inexperienced as you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending