The Student Room Group

STEP extra time query

Hi, I wanted to ask what the procedure of getting extra time for STEP 1 is?

For the STEP exam, the April 1 deadline is the last date for getting modified question papers etc. but the centre reopen on April 12? Will my extra time be sorted out after the April 1 deadline as shown here.

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/step/dates-and-costs/

I don't need enlargened papers and braille etc. So it is just a query of time.

Thnx
Reply 1
Original post by Mihael_Keehl

For the STEP exam, the April 1 deadline is the last date for getting modified question papers etc. but the centre reopen on April 12? Will my extra time be sorted out after the April 1 deadline as shown here.

Thnx

I'm pretty sure that extra time is covered by the centre, and the FAQs here about access arrangements and special considerations explain a little about the procedure.
Original post by joostan
I'm pretty sure that extra time is covered by the centre, and the FAQs here about access arrangements and special considerations explain a little about the procedure.

Thanks so since I have ET for GCE a levels, I will get it for the STEP.

thnx for the linkk :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks so since I have ET for GCE a levels, I will get it for the STEP.

thnx for the linkk :smile:

Well it depends on whether your school is the test centre, I didn't have extra time myself but a friend of mine did.
It might be an idea to double check with the centre, and go from there. The extra time is quite significant over such a lengthy exam.

Thnx

Your exam officer should have sorted this out at the stage of registering you for STEP. Your best option would be to go to them and check that's going to be put into place :smile:
Original post by joostan
Well it depends on whether your school is the test centre, I didn't have extra time myself but a friend of mine did.
It might be an idea to double check with the centre, and go from there. The extra time is quite significant over such a lengthy exam.

Original post by Slowbro93
Your exam officer should have sorted this out at the stage of registering you for STEP. Your best option would be to go to them and check that's going to be put into place :smile:

Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately they are on Easter break, they told to me to email them after though :/

However I have forwarded all relevant evidence. I would be sitting STEP as a private candidate.

I will email them and ask them if I register, will I be given et thanks for your help.

Quick Reply