The Student Room Group

Food Tech AQA revision

I'm taking my GCSEs this year and I don't know how to prepare for the design task in the exam (section A), or really any of it, seeing as we haven't been taught any theory yet, does anyone have any advice? I'm doing Food Technology AQA. Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by 11ctaylor
I'm taking my GCSEs this year and I don't know how to prepare for the design task in the exam (section A), or really any of it, seeing as we haven't been taught any theory yet, does anyone have any advice? I'm doing Food Technology AQA. Thanks!

Well, your teacher should have made you aware of the context for your exam, each year AQA narrow down what you'll need to do in part A. When I did it (2 years ago), it was decorated cakes.

From here you can then generate and come up with different recipes, and adapt them to different needs, eg be prepared for people wanting to have a 'healthier choice' - so wholemeal flour and fruits and stuff.
Reply 2
Hi the context for this year is 'High protein main meals from a variety of cultures'. You will need to do a design question on this theme and will be given points which your product must meet in the exams- your annotations which need to show the product meets these criteria points. Have a look at some past papers so you know what will come up in Section A. Good luck!

Quick Reply