The Student Room Group

Do you ever listen to music and feel nostalgic?

was going through my spotify today i have over 500 songs in it; i was deleting the ones i dont really listen to and some are really old from when i was in high school or growing up like akon :cry2:

when i listen to the old ones i feel nostalgic and feel a bit sick in the stomach or feel sad as its associated with when i was growing up.

anyone else or just me? :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
why is this in Kings college London, can someone move it to chat :rofl:
Original post by mkap
was going through my spotify today i have over 500 songs in it and some are really old from when i was in high school or growing up.

when i listen to the old ones i feel nostalgic and feel a bit sick in the stomach or feel sad as its associated with when i was growing up.

anyone else or just me? :lol:

Maybe your airways become blocked. BTW this is the wrong thread.
Reply 3
Original post by Xenon17
Maybe your airways become blocked. BTW this is the wrong thread.

so funny :facepalm:

i know
All the time :moon:

Going to tag someone in to move this to music though :giggle: (sorry again Puddles :colondollar:)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
I do this sometimes, where I just wanna have that trip to memory lane.
Listened to Coheed & Cambria, Panic at the Disco and Dashboard Confessional... the good ol days of childhood :moon:
Original post by mkap
why is this in Kings college London, can someone move it to chat :rofl:

Original post by iEthan
All the time :moon:

Going to tag someone in to move this to chat though :giggle: (sorry again Puddles :colondollar:)

I've moved this to music where it truly belongs :music:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I've moved this to music where it truly belongs :music:

Thank you!!!!! :excited:
whenever i hear this simple melody i am whisked back to Paris :h:

[video="youtube;32SkxLCZz_o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32SkxLCZz_o[/video]
Original post by the bear
whenever i hear this simple melody i am whisked back to Paris :h:

good morning bear™!!!
Original post by iEthan
good morning bear™!!!

afternoon :ahee:
Original post by the bear
afternoon :ahee:

oops…….. :getmecoat: it's morning in… Iceland!
Reply 12
Oh, always. I actually can't listen to Panic! at the Disco anymore because they remind me of my ex-boyfriend. (Pretty sure I won't be able to listen to Pearl Jam, Tenacious D or Ed Sheeran without being able to think of my current one, either.)
I do.
Yes, so many classic sngs that were 'hits' in secondary school.

Like 'let the sun shine' and 'Beautiful girls'. :moon:
Original post by iEthan
oops…….. :getmecoat: it's morning in… Iceland!

ganga úr skugga um þú sett upp hita vinur minn. og vera vakandi fyrir tröll

translation compliance:

Spoiler

Reply 16
Original post by iliacl
Oh, always. I actually can't listen to Panic! at the Disco anymore because they remind me of my ex-boyfriend. (Pretty sure I won't be able to listen to Pearl Jam, Tenacious D or Ed Sheeran without being able to think of my current one, either.)

same! most old songs made me feel sad lol and i have to turn them off as it brings back feelings of the past and stuff that happened.
Yes. Most of the time I do.
Saw this thread, then on yik yak someone posted this song

[video="youtube;0yBnIUX0QAE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yBnIUX0QAE[/video]

I'm aware I'm resurrecting a two day old thread :colondollar:
Yeah so many songs take me back to the days when I first met my partner and it reminds me of being a teen and how life was back then which was both good and bad. Just The Way I'm Feeling by Feeder and Your Call by Secondhand Serenade are the two that really make me feel nostalgic.

Quick Reply

Latest