The Student Room Group

Rejected from uni now I don't have a plan 😟

Hi, I'm new to here so don't know if I've posted in the right category or if it's okay to post things like this or what.

I'm currently studying HNC Admin and IT as my backup plan from last year. I despise the course. I did get unconditionals for university last year to study Environmental Sustainability but decided I wasn't ready. I applied late to university this year and have been rejected by all choices.

Studying anything HNC or above will affect my SAAS tuition funding (I live in Scotland) so I don't want to do this as I won't be able to afford to do a 4 year degree on my own finances.

I work part time and there is no chance the company will upgrade my contract, so for the meantime it looks like I'm stuck there.

I don't want to get another job or go full time just yet. I know I'm cutting it fine with it being the end of March and not having a plan. So I'm not sure what to do. I was wondering if anybody on here might have some suggestions? I emailed my first choice university for advice but they are 2 weeks late in replying so I'm not hopeful.

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is too long 😣
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lerwes
Hi, I'm new to here so don't know if I've posted in the right category or if it's okay to post things like this or what.

I'm currently studying HNC Admin and IT as my backup plan from last year. I despise the course. I did get unconditionals for university last year to study Environmental Sustainability but decided I wasn't ready. I applied late to university this year and have been rejected by all choices.

Studying anything HNC or above will affect my SAAS tuition funding (I live in Scotland) so I don't want to do this as I won't be able to afford to do a 4 year degree on my own finances.

I work part time and there is no chance the company will upgrade my contract, so for the meantime it looks like I'm stuck there.

I don't want to get another job or go full time just yet. I know I'm cutting it fine with it being the end of March and not having a plan. So I'm not sure what to do. I was wondering if anybody on here might have some suggestions? I emailed my first choice university for advice but they are 2 weeks late in replying so I'm not hopeful.

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is too long 😣

try clearing or extra or finish the hnc ad do a top up year last 2 years ot the degree.
Reply 2
Original post by jonathanemptage
try clearing or extra or finish the hnc ad do a top up year last 2 years ot the degree.

Yeah thanks I'll try clearing! I don't think I'll get extra because I applied late 😒 will finish HNC as I have been saving my SAAS anyway.
Reply 3
sorry to hear this :console: try clearing, you may get onto a decent degree :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by mkap
sorry to hear this :console: try clearing, you may get onto a decent degree :smile:

Thanks gal, its a total shiter especially since it worked out all fine last year 😖 do you know how clearing works? I tried to read about it but its all confusing
Reply 5
Original post by lerwes
Thanks gal, its a total shiter especially since it worked out all fine last year 😖 do you know how clearing works? I tried to read about it but its all confusing

my degree is with the OU so i didnt use UCAS, you could try that, there are no entry requirements and you could enrole a week before the degree starts, you basically go to your sixth form on results say and ring the unis to see if they have any degrees to offer you, well thats how it worked at my sixth form
Reply 6
Original post by mkap
my degree is with the OU so i didnt use UCAS, you could try that, there are no entry requirements and you could enrole a week before the degree starts, you basically go to your sixth form on results say and ring the unis to see if they have any degrees to offer you, well thats how it worked at my sixth form

Oh I see, thanks 😊 aw thats great! I hadn't even considered OU, had a wee look at the environmenty courses and they actually look better than what I applied for through UCAS so will definitely look into that! What are you studying?
Reply 7
Original post by lerwes
Oh I see, thanks 😊 aw thats great! I hadn't even considered OU, had a wee look at the environmenty courses and they actually look better than what I applied for through UCAS so will definitely look into that! What are you studying?

im studying health sciences, OU is a good option for some people. the tuition fees are less that normal unis and you work is dont from home although there are some day school so it opens up the possibility of having a job, i have a full time job while i am studying full time.

Quick Reply

Latest