The Student Room Group

London flat rent ? How much do you pay?

How much is the rent for a flat (not student halls) in London??

Preferably, near UCL. Please specify whether you have your own room or you share your room with someone and also with how many people are you sharing the flat with.

What about Manchetser??

I want to find out which city is cheaper (well, I know that London is an expensive city, but of course I won't go to restaurants or whatever, so the rent is the main deciding factor).
Original post by The Trickster

Preferably, near UCL. Please specify whether you have your own room or you share your room with someone and also with how many people are you sharing the flat with.

What about Manchetser??

I want to find out which city is cheaper (well, I know that London is an expensive city, but of course I won't go to restaurants or whatever, so the rent is the main deciding factor).

Have you checked out websites like http://www.unite-students.com/ and http://www.crm-students.com/crm-accommodation/ ? I highly recommend that website if you want to find cheap (depends which city/town you want to head to) studios.

Sorry, I can't help anymore! :/

What about Manchetser??

I think a typical manchester rent is upwards from £500 a month. Manchester is definetly the cheaper city.
Original post by claireestelle
I think a typical manchester rent is upwards from £500 a month. Manchester is definetly the cheaper city.

Ideally I want to live with one or two other students in our own apartment and I want my own room. But I don't want to spend more than 400-450 on rent. :frown: Is this realistic?
Reply 4
Ideally I want to live with one or two other students in our own apartment and I want my own room. But I don't want to spend more than 400-450 on rent. :frown: Is this realistic?

Basically... No. No it isn't, not in London

You'll be lucky to find a minimum of 570 inc bills

Oh i meant for like a one bed flat, i think with a house/ flat share £450 would be realistic :smile:
have a look online at stuff, make sure that what you can find in the price range is something you're happy with, you also need to consider proximity to shops/university/train station, and whether the place is actually half decent etc... you might find that if you compare flats in the two cities you just get so much more for your money in manchester that it swings your decision
Reply 7

What about Manchetser??

Obviously London will be more expensive. London is most expensive place in gthe country.

Which unis are you deciding between though? Because you should prioritise going to the best uni (that will yield best career prospects), regardless of a £150 per month difference in rent.

In London, it would be almost impossible to find that sort of rent anywhere close to the centre of London. If you did find such a rent, I would be very suspicious if I were you. If you want to live further out, then it'll be cheaper but then the travel gets far more expensive. For zone 1/2 London, look for £550-600 a month + bills for a decent place.

In Manchester it is a lot cheaper, and you'd find a good selection of places for £400-450 a month. You'll certainly get a lot more for your money in Manchester - but it's not London!
Original post by Nile.
Obviously London will be more expensive. London is most expensive place in gthe country.

Which unis are you deciding between though? Because you should prioritise going to the best uni (that will yield best career prospects), regardless of a £150 per month difference in rent.

I'm deciding between Manchester and UCL. I know that UCL has a better position on world tops. But Manchester is next to UCL in Physics (in UK). So living costs would be the deciding factor, as I don't want to work during my course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending