ok fam
Original post by jokesonyou
LOOOL, unfortunately TSR dont accept this kind of banter

****ing hell, don't get the tsr police on me please
Reply 62
Original post by difeo
Agreed

Greatest of the 21st Century absolutely no question

Imagine holding this view after M.O.M came out!!
Reply 63
Original post by BeFoUr
Imagine holding this view after M.O.M came out!!

I heard it's painfully average
I personally found some of the comments here hilarious.
Keep them coming, please!
Bach? Mozart? Beethoven? Mahler? Shostakovich?
Miles Davies? Avishai Cohen? Charlie Parker? Charles Mingus?
King Crimson? Genesis? Yes? Rush? Haken?
Lol. The amount of talent any of those people I mentioned above put in into 5 minutes of their work is much more than Kanye West will ever produce in his existence.
If you mean Kanye being the best pop-artist, then that's a debatable, but acceptable thing to say.
Reply 66
Original post by difeo
I heard it's painfully average

It's a solid 8/10, only thing average around here is TayTay hehe

Original post by oShahpo

Lol. The amount of talent any of those people I mentioned above put in into 5 minutes of their work is much more than Kanye West will ever produce in his existence.
If you mean Kanye being the best pop-artist, then that's a debatable, but acceptable thing to say.

never heard of so they can't be that good, certainly cannot be the best of all time
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by oShahpo

edgy bro, edgy
Original post by BeFoUr

never heard of so they can't be that good, certainly cannot be the best of all time
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I apologise to your highness lord Master-critic-of-music-of-all-the-ages. '
On a serious note, best is not synonymous with being famous. A lot of the great things in life tend to be underground and not mainstream. If you're defining best as in far-reaching, then maybe you have a point. I am defining best as in talented and complex and interesting music.
Original post by difeo
edgy bro, edgy

true nevertheless.
Reply 70
Reply 71
Original post by oShahpo
Oh, I apologise to your highness lord Master-critic-of-music-of-all-the-ages. '
On a serious note, best is not synonymous with being famous. A lot of the great things in life tend to be underground and not mainstream. If you're defining best as in far-reaching, then maybe you have a point. I am defining best as in talented and complex and interesting music.

And this thread explicitly pertains to the greatest of all time, which is why Kanye is a valid shout (critically acclaimed and one of the most decorated artists in history). Music is subjective but surely the person given the GOAT statement would have mass mainstream appeal (even if they started underground) and would win multiple Grammy's. You're essentially saying that the best artist(s) of all time are unknown to 99.9% of the general public. I do agree with you that some underground artists aren't given enough recognition, but the cream always rises to the top as they say

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Great album. I am not saying that Kanye West is bad, not at all. I am just saying that comparing him to artists of other genres is unfair to him. He never set out to create the most mind-boggling complex piece of music, he set out to be a good hip-hop artist and he did it very well. To say he's the greatest "artist" of all time is disrespectful to someone like Mozart who's been composing 25 minute symphonies from the age of 5.
Reply 73
Original post by BeFoUr
Posted from TSR Mobile

GTFO

may have a listen to M.O.M
Reply 74
Original post by difeo
GTFO

may have a listen to M.O.M

It's a chill album, good luck in finding when you've transitioned from one song to the next

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by oShahpo
Great album. I am not saying that Kanye West is bad, not at all. I am just saying that comparing him to artists of other genres is unfair to him. He never set out to create the most mind-boggling complex piece of music, he set out to be a good hip-hop artist and he did it very well. To say he's the greatest "artist" of all time is disrespectful to someone like Mozart who's been composing 25 minute symphonies from the age of 5.

Sounds like you just a bias against hip hop
Original post by difeo
Sounds like you just a bias against hip hop

Not a bias. Bias is prejudice, my judgement is not baseless thus it's not a prejudice. Hip-hop is great, but it's never been as poetic as real poetry, or as musical as real music (classical music or jazz.)
I am, of course, being an uptight, elitist dick. I am judging music purely on the amount of talent needed to compose and play them. However, music is a sentimental, subjective thing and you are free to think that Kanye is the best of all time in your perspective.
Reply 77
Original post by oShahpo

yo mane Kanye isn't a pop artist, he's one of the greatest rap producers of all time, you can't listen to The College Dropout, Late Registration, or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and call him not a genius.
And if we're talking about innovation, then all of his albums are worth bringing up
Reply 78
Original post by triller
No debate, if you don't agree with that statement, you're objectively wrong mayne

Shame you're banned now, but was gonna post that travis scott is actually one of the most underrated rappers in the game
Reply 79
Original post by Nile.
Shame you're banned now, but was gonna post that travis scott is actually one of the most underrated rappers in the game

i **** witchu fam

Quick Reply

Latest