The Student Room Group

What to do with my hair (bad haircut)

Hi. I'd been growing my hair out for about seven months and it was long enough to midpart it and push it back behind my ears. I was really enjoying it this length because for the first time in a long time I didn't have to think about my hair during the day. I got a haircut hoping to get a style with a mid-part/bangs front gradually descending between my ears and for head to eventually cover my ears a bit like George Harrisson 1968 but I obviously didn't communicate this well enough to the barber (why didn't I go to a stylist!!!!!!!! Idiot...) And he did the front how I wanted it but cut the sides over the ears so the front looks stupid. I don't know what to do now. I can put I down as a fringe instead of a midlart but I hate having it down as a fringe, it annoys me so much and it never looks good, unlike most people it just falls out of place, and only looks good for a few minutes after I brush it. Is there any advice to make it look better. Or is there anyway I can get another haircut with the same length on the sides and back. But a really short front that just falls down not in a fringe (right now my hair touches my eye brows when I pull it down) I really don't want to have to put product in

it.IMAG0159_1.jpg
Here is a picture if it will help
(edited 8 years ago)
Whenever I get a bad hair cut, I just remind myself that hair grows, so it won't stay like that forever! Either get it all cut off (start afresh) or just grow it out and then get it restyled.
Reply 2
Original post by Bezoar
Whenever I get a bad hair cut, I just remind myself that hair grows, so it won't stay like that forever! Either get it all cut off (start afresh) or just grow it out and then get it restyled.

I know it grows, but another seven months is an awful long time to have a crappy haircut, especially as I've already been through the awkward stage. I was looking for a haircut which Would cut only the front short so that when the sides have grown over the ears, the front will also be the right length. I'm not sure how this would be done though
Reply 3
You should have took a picture with you to show him its what i would do if i want a particular cut.
Wear a hat
Reply 5
Original post by Bezoar
Your hair looks good in that picture. Don't know what you're worried about! Just let it grow and get it restyled if you're that bothered about looking like George Harrison

Haha. Way to make me sound obsessed with him.
Reply 6
Get it sculpted?
Reply 7
Original post by Thomb
Get it sculpted?

Any advice on products and how? And if that's you in your picture your hair looks awesome. When did you grow it out and what style did you have in the awkward stage?
Reply 8
Original post by Cyan Ink
Any advice on products and how? And if that's you in your picture your hair looks awesome. When did you grow it out and what style did you have in the awkward stage?

that was me a few years ago just before I started going bald at the age of 22 I know he he that it was a bit early to go bald but that's just the way it goes. I have a skinhead now. I had it cut and shaved underneath and then it just grew into a kind of bob. I didn't use any products just shampoo almost everyday and conditioner. I started growing it when I was 15. It stopped growing any longer at about I don't know 19? TBH If I was you or if I had hair I'd lash out for a haircut. Treat yourself I'm sure your worth it.
It is not that bad
Do your own hair. That way you know how you want it. It's very easy, all you need are a pair of scissors. Look up some tutorials on youtube.
I think it looks good, slightly greasy though, so you might wanna condition daily.
Reply 12
Your hair doesn't look that bad. It looks kinda cute actually. If you're worried about it then i guess you could just cut it proper short and start again. Or maybe if you fiddle with it then you could get your own look going. I'm sure its not that bad and plus when your hair grows longer you might like it better that way.
Reply 13
Original post by Cyan Ink
Hi. I'd been growing my hair out for about seven months and it was long enough to midpart it and push it back behind my ears. I was really enjoying it this length because for the first time in a long time I didn't have to think about my hair during the day. I got a haircut hoping to get a style with a mid-part/bangs front gradually descending between my ears and for head to eventually cover my ears a bit like George Harrisson 1968 but I obviously didn't communicate this well enough to the barber (why didn't I go to a stylist!!!!!!!! Idiot...) And he did the front how I wanted it but cut the sides over the ears so the front looks stupid. I don't know what to do now. I can put I down as a fringe instead of a midlart but I hate having it down as a fringe, it annoys me so much and it never looks good, unlike most people it just falls out of place, and only looks good for a few minutes after I brush it. Is there any advice to make it look better. Or is there anyway I can get another haircut with the same length on the sides and back. But a really short front that just falls down not in a fringe (right now my hair touches my eye brows when I pull it down) I really don't want to have to put product in

it.IMAG0159_1.jpg
Here is a picture if it will help

Amazing salon in Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending