The Student Room Group

It's one thing being able to do an exam to the best of your ability, but it's another

to be able to be timely and be able to complete an exam on time. Is anyone finding that they know what to do and write but struggle time wise. It's annoying because I spend ten minutes staring at the clock and usually get things going mid way through the allocated time.
Getting the exam done means organising yourself to get the most marks in the time available.
Do times practice papers and adjust your efforts so you answer all questions with the time. Its just discipline, learning the right tempo and knowing when to move on to the next question. 3hr exam= 10 mins to look 4x 40 min answers amd 10 mins to check. Poor time management is your road to ruin.
I usually have the opposite problem. Write as fast as ussain bolt runs and then spend ages staring at the clock wishing it was over already.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Getting the exam done means organising yourself to get the most marks in the time available.
Do times practice papers and adjust your efforts so you answer all questions with the time. Its just discipline, learning the right tempo and knowing when to move on to the next question. 3hr exam= 10 mins to look 4x 40 min answers amd 10 mins to check. Poor time management is your road to ruin.

Yeah I'm doing a past paper question today. I'm fairly ok, I just seem to know everything when the exam is over.

Original post by SophieSmall
I usually have the opposite problem. Write as fast as ussain bolt runs and then spend ages staring at the clock wishing it was over already.

Sometimes that happens to me but then I spend ten minutes fixing my answers and that messes things up.
the point about past papers and practice is things get easier.
Reply 5
the point about past papers and practice is things get easier.

I only have one past paper for each topic and subject as my subjects have reformed so it's quite hard too, I'm making do with the one I did for my mock. What I really was doing was referring to Humanities students as they will require writing essays in their exams.
Original post by Rhythmical
I only have one past paper for each topic and subject as my subjects have reformed so it's quite hard too, I'm making do with the one I did for my mock. What I really was doing was referring to Humanities students as they will require writing essays in their exams.

Dont forget to do an essay plan.
It doesnt do you much harm to look at other past papers if they cover the same topics just so you cna see the way they vary the questions.
Reply 7
Original post by SophieSmall

Same. I always panic I'm gonna run out of time so i write so quickly and then it's like...okay I got an hour left...cool....
Reply 8
Dont forget to do an essay plan.
It doesnt do you much harm to look at other past papers if they cover the same topics just so you cna see the way they vary the questions.

I did, the structure has changed completely so I'm just reading my books and just practising with questions. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Rhythmical
I did, the structure has changed completely so I'm just reading my books and just practising with questions. Thanks :smile:

well maybe if there are some up to date revision guides, they often have sample quesyions they make up. Its just getting used to the way they ask questions. theres a limited number of ways.
well maybe if there are some up to date revision guides, they often have sample quesyions they make up. Its just getting used to the way they ask questions. theres a limited number of ways.

Found one for my English Language subject, for Literature I use Revision Express but to be honest it is all about reading and finding quotes for that subject.
If all esle fails ask your teacher to make some up for you. its the practice of doing soemthing timed that is importnat.

Quick Reply

Latest