The Student Room Group

Islamists celebrate murder of Ahmadi Muslim Brit who wished Christians Happy Easter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oliver_94
A threat? Grow up? I meant that while there are 0 protections in law for Muslims or Islam, as the Muslim population grows and people become progressively left wing, there will be a mandate for protections for Muslims and Islam.

The difference then compared to now is left wing politics was not a thing then. Now there are millions of those on the left who recognise the suffering of Muslims on a daily basis. I'd bet my life they would stand with Muslims over racists and fascists

A growth in the Muslim population will result in a stronger left wing? I think quite the opposite. Firstly, the growth in the Muslim population seems to have led to a growth in the far right across Europe. Secondly, extreme interpretations of Islam seems to be growing, and thus any growth in the Muslim population will ultimately mean a growth in such extreme interpretations, which will result in the weakening of the left as homophobic, anti-Ahmadi sentiments etc.. grow.
Reply 141
Original post by Cato the Elder
I thought Muslims aren't allowed to judge who is a Muslim and who isn't.

Extremist do. They not Muslims, they use the name Muslim to shame the rest of the Islamic world. 99% of Muslims are decent people. 1% ruin it for the rest of us who are funded by various people to cause propaganda across the world. I don't believe these are Muslims. They use our name for their own wicked cause!
Original post by The Epicurean
A growth in the Muslim population will result in a stronger left wing? I think quite the opposite. Firstly, the growth in the Muslim population seems to have led to a growth in the far right across Europe. Secondly, extreme interpretations of Islam seems to be growing, and thus any growth in the Muslim population will ultimately mean a growth in such extreme interpretations, which will result in the weakening of the left as homophobic, anti-Ahmadi sentiments etc.. grow.

Indeed, the fact that they support left-wing parties like Labour (who pander to these ultra-conservative Mullahs quite nicely) does not mean conservative Muslims are actually left wing... They could easily vote the Conservative party - in fact many Muslims do.

He seems to think the left will be on the side of Islam

He is sorely mistaken

Well it appears that there is a growing polarisation in the Muslim world and Muslim communities in Europe. Where at one end of the spectrum, there's a growing religiosity, conservatism and fundamentalism amongst some Muslims and on other the end, there is a also the growth of cultural Muslims, liberal Muslims and apostates. Both feed of each other, Both opposed to each other, with quite a number of the former seeking for the punishment of the latter, via fines, flogging, ostracization, imprisonment and/or death.

(I've somewhat witness this trend amongst my own Muslim community)

"...Sami Zubaida, a scholar at London’s Birkbeck College, speaks of increasing polarisation, with “growing religiosity at one end of the spectrum and growing atheism and secularism at the other...”

http://www.economist.com/news/international/21567059-ex-muslim-atheists-are-becoming-more-outspoken-tolerance-still-rare-no-god-not
(edited 8 years ago)
For those of you who are unclear of who Ahmadis are and think they are non-muslims:
(please do your research)
https://www.alislam.org
http://www.muslimsforpeace.org
http://www.loveforallhatredfornone.org
Original post by ubaid97
The term backward Muslim is incorrect as my views do not contradict Islam so I cannot be a backward Muslim, you can consider me a backward human from your perspective, but to call me a backward Muslim when my views correspond with the teachings of Islam is just incorrect

To prove that they are not Muslims, the creed of Islam states that there is no God but Allah and that the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is his final messenger. Every Muslim must hold this belief to be a Muslim. The Ahmadis however believe that there was another prophet who came later, the founder of this sect, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad al-Qadiani, which contradicts the belief that Muhammad (PBUH) is the final messenger, which automatically takes Ahmadis out of Islam. There's other factors as well such as attributing human characteristics to Allah which is shirk which also takes a person out of Islam, that Ahmadis practice. In fact, I urge you to read this to learn more : islamqa.info/en/4060

I urge you to read it up yourself because Ahmadis believe that their founder carried on Islamic teachings- he wasn't a prophet.
Original post by Emperor Trajan
Well it appears that there is a growing polarisation in the Muslim world and Muslim communities in Europe. Where at one end of the spectrum, there's a growing religiosity, conservatism and fundamentalism amongst some Muslims and on other the end, there is a also the growth of cultural Muslims, liberal Muslims and apostates. Both feed of each other, Both opposed to each other, with quite a number of the former seeking for the punishment of the latter, via fines, flogging, ostracization, imprisonment and/or death.

(I've somewhat witness this trend amongst my own Muslim community)

"...Sami Zubaida, a scholar at London’s Birkbeck College, speaks of increasing polarisation, with “growing religiosity at one end of the spectrum and growing atheism and secularism at the other...”

http://www.economist.com/news/international/21567059-ex-muslim-atheists-are-becoming-more-outspoken-tolerance-still-rare-no-god-not

I think the greatest problem at the moment is the funding coming from Wahhabi/Salafi groups from places like Saudi Arabia. When a large number of mosques and Islamic schools and funded by such groups, these groups obviously have a lot of control over what is preached and taught. In comparison, those on the liberal end of the spectrum are less well funded, and it can be seen by the recent growths in many Muslim countries of vocal groups who preach a more extreme interpretation of Islam.

I wish I could have your optimism, but I feel it is a losing battle at the moment. Until we are willing to confront the issue of Saudi Arabia (among other issues), I can't see much progress occurring.
Original post by z33
Yeah I don't understand what the problem is. The Prophet and the Imams that followed him all respected other religions. Imam Ali (a.s.) - successor to the prophet - was loved by people of all religions. "Our enemies are not the Jews or the Christians, our enemy is our own ignorance". He prayed in the Church, and he loved all the people regardless of their religion, he respected them. To him they were all human beings, all equal, he did not see them as disbelievers.

As a kid I was raised to be just like him and respect all these people, treat them as fellow human beings. I get to highschool and there's kids telling me I'm not Muslim. There's kids that regard those who do not believe in a religion or do not believe in Islam even as disgusting, as less than human. They speak of them as if they are worth less than themselves.

Regardless of that it's a ****ing holiday and a freaking Easter egg like how are people so butthurt. What is it? Is the Easter egg gonna weaken your faith? Is appreciating and respecting the culture of those around you going to hurt your reputation? Entitled *****.

unfortuantly theres fanatics out there that are so paranoid about their own faith and its fragility, they cannot accept any open minded thought, let alone good natured interaction with people with other faiths . this sort of mentality and dogma brings out the wost in people, and leads to tragedies like htis
Original post by ubaid97
first of all i didn't refer to calling them extremists, i was talking about calling them non-muslims, you can be a muslim and an extremist. secondly, in answer to your question, i wasn't talking about what is worse, i merely stated that celebrating someone's death does not necessarily take you out of islam and neither does extremism, extremism and actions such as celebrating an innocent man's death are forbidden and looked down upon in islam, but these action do not take you out of the fold of islam. however, wrongly declaring that a muslim is a non muslim without sufficent proof takes the individual putting forward the accusations out of the fold of islam

why does islam have such an issue as to whether some calls themself muslim or not, if they are not harming anyone?
surely islamic world has much bigger issues ti deal with ie rampant extremism, terrorism, civil wars, under-education of women, poverty etc Is this the reason it cant get its house in order, because muslims are being told they should instead be obsessing with a guy who wishes people a happy easter? No wonder it has the reputation it does
Reply 150
Original post by Reformed
unfortuantly theres fanatics out there that are so paranoid about their own faith and its fragility, they cannot accept any open minded thought, let alone good natured interaction with people with other faiths . this sort of mentality and dogma brings out the wost in people, and leads to tragedies like htis

Yes you said it, and that's why people like that should be educated and if they cannot handle respecting/ tolerating other religions then imo we gotta cast them out of our society, and they can go form their little segregated groups where we don't have to deal with their ********
you can read the numerous tributes of all this mans customers and neighbours to see he was a far better human being than any of the muslims that call him an apostate. Ideally each and every of those 13000 members of that islamist facebook group should be on the intelelgence watch list - but i guess its far too much cost and resource to commit for the government
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
He seems to think the left will be on the side of Islam

He is sorely mistaken

He is not, the left and Islam are quite compatible. That is to say many of, for example, the Baath party in Iraq were open communists and still fundamentality theocratic. After the fall of Sadaam many of them quite happily joined in with ISIS.

Left wing politicking is about big expansive government that encroaches on every aspect of a society, controlling it. Islam has the same goal.

They are a surprisingly perfect fit, as far as these things go.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
He is not, the left and Islam are quite compatible. That is to say many of, for example, the Baath party in Iraq were open communists and still fundamentality theocratic. After the fall of Sadaam many of them quite happily joined in with ISIS.

Left wing politicking is about big expansive government that encroaches on every aspect of a society, controlling it. Islam has the same goal.

They are a surprisingly perfect fit, as far as these things go.

Islam or Islamism? I assume the latter is what we are talking about.

The left is far from a homogeneous group, and there are many on the left who do criticise Islamism and who do not pander to extremists. Christopher Hitchens is an example of a person on the left who was critical of the Saddam regime and Islamism. Also, not all left-wing people support large governments, left-wing anarchists would be a classic example.
well... one could hope they would just kill each other instead of targeting infidels.
Original post by wdkmwd
1. They do consider him Mirza Ghulam as a prophet, but they do not consider him the seal of all prophets or the final messenger.

2. They do accept the Shahadah, not sure where you're getting this from.

3. Once again, Muslims display how they know less about their own religion than the mushrikun themselves.

If you believe in a prophet after Muhammad (PBUH) then you are rejecting the word of Allah because in verse 33:40, Allah makes it clear that the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the seal of the prophets, that he is the final prophet. And rejecting any part of the qur'an is Kufr
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I urge you to read it up yourself because Ahmadis believe that their founder carried on Islamic teachings- he wasn't a prophet.

He claimed to be a prophet, committing Kufr. His followers. Some of which believe he is a prophet, and even those who do not but still follow his teachings, come out of the fold of Islam, because his teachings do not correspond with the qur'an so those who follow him in terms of Islam, becomes a murtad, a non-Muslim
Original post by z33
Yeah I don't understand what the problem is. The Prophet and the Imams that followed him all respected other religions. Imam Ali (a.s.) - successor to the prophet - was loved by people of all religions. "Our enemies are not the Jews or the Christians, our enemy is our own ignorance". He prayed in the Church, and he loved all the people regardless of their religion, he respected them. To him they were all human beings, all equal, he did not see them as disbelievers.

As a kid I was raised to be just like him and respect all these people, treat them as fellow human beings. I get to highschool and there's kids telling me I'm not Muslim. There's kids that regard those who do not believe in a religion or do not believe in Islam even as disgusting, as less than human. They speak of them as if they are worth less than themselves.

Regardless of that it's a ****ing holiday and a freaking Easter egg like how are people so butthurt. What is it? Is the Easter egg gonna weaken your faith? Is appreciating and respecting the culture of those around you going to hurt your reputation? Entitled *****.

you're a shia, the shia sect was a political division, ahmadis are a theological one. While most sane shia accept the Qu'rans completeness, the finality of the prophet and have the same shahada as Sunnis - Ahmadis don't.

Alot of people say we're simply stirring hate towards ahmadis but by their own admission (a poster earlier provided an ahmadi source which highlights these beliefs) they believe MGA to be at best the second coming of Isa (as) at worst a reincarnation of Mohammed (SAWS).

Guru Nanak also incorporated tonnes of islamic teachings in his religion, should we then also consider Sikhs to be Muslim?
Original post by Oilfreak1

Guru Nanak also incorporated tonnes of islamic teachings in his religion, should we then also consider Sikhs to be Muslim?

Moslems often post here claiming that everyone is born a Moslem. Surely, if a Sikh fulfils the basic beliefs and practices (a low hurdle, really) of being a Moslem he is a Moslem?

Mohammed apparently had words to say on the matter, and I'm surprised to hear so many people contradicting what he said. Presumably you understand you will be interrogated very fully on the matter in the afterlife.
Original post by Good bloke
Moslems often post here claiming that everyone is born a Moslem. Surely, if a Sikh fulfils the basic beliefs and practices (a low hurdle, really) of being a Moslem he is a Moslem?

Mohammed apparently had words to say on the matter, and I'm surprised to hear so many people contradicting what he said. Presumably you understand you will be interrogated very fully on the matter in the afterlife.

Pretty sure Sikhs call themselves Sikhs, and not because Muslims call them non Muslim.

Sikhism is pretty ambiguous in what they are (pantheism/monotheism) and if a Sikh embraces monotheism and calls themselves a Muslim they could probably still partake in a lot of sikh practices and still be Muslim.

Whats with "moslem", it's not particularly offensive and isn't pronounced like that in English maybe "mooslim" if you wanted to use that argument? Is it just being stupid for the sake of being stupid?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending