The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Scholarship at University Of Westminster

I've just applied for schoolarship at UoW. I'm just curious how that long that process have you take or if your application has been rejected

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miceely
I've just applied for schoolarship at UoW. I'm just curious how that long that process have you take or if your application has been rejected

Hi there

The deadline date for scholarship applications vary depending on which scholarship you apply for. The deadline date for UG UK/EU is April 2016 and for UG/PG International its May 2016. Normally decisions on final round applications are made 4-5 weeks after the deadline date so we're hoping students will have a decision back by the end of May/first week of June. If the application is rejected in the first round due to not meeting the entry criteria then students are normally informed fairly quickly afterwards.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Office
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by Miceely

I applied to thought I'd hear from it tomoro but guess I'm waiting longer lol
Reply 3
Hi there)
I am also interested in applying for scholarship at Westminster. Have you already received an offer from Uni?
Reply 4
Original post by Kalary
Hi there)
I am also interested in applying for scholarship at Westminster. Have you already received an offer from Uni?

Yes, but the deadline for scholarship application was 31st March. I'm not sure that
you can apply now... But you should check the website
Original post by Miceely
Yes, but the deadline for scholarship application was 31st March. I'm not sure that
you can apply now... But you should check the website

It was 1st of April for uk students duno about international students
Hi there! International students have the deadline at 3rd May 2016 c: I'd like to ask, I read in the scholarship brochure that we would get an email of acknowledgement when the office has received our application for international students. I've registered the mail and saw that the mail was delivered a week ago but I was slightly worried as I haven't received any email of acknowledgement. Would there be anything to do just to check if the office has received my application? Thanks in advance!
Hi there I am in my appliaction process. i received a conditional offer but haven't taken the IELTS yet. Do you think I will be rejected first round?
Original post by Shantel Neo
Hi there! International students have the deadline at 3rd May 2016 c: I'd like to ask, I read in the scholarship brochure that we would get an email of acknowledgement when the office has received our application for international students. I've registered the mail and saw that the mail was delivered a week ago but I was slightly worried as I haven't received any email of acknowledgement. Would there be anything to do just to check if the office has received my application? Thanks in advance!

Hi there do you think a blank space on my application is already automatic rejection. i had no employment history
Original post by gonza nelson
Hi there do you think a blank space on my application is already automatic rejection. i had no employment history

Hi! I doubt it would be an auto rejection as not everyone has worked before uni c: you should be fine! Did you ever get an email of acknowledgement that they've received your application?

Hello

A blank space on your Scholarship application form does not lead to automatic rejection. For a lot of our scholarships you don't need to have any work experience. The scholarships team operate on a first and second filter system as we get hundreds of applications for one scholarship. The most important aspect of your application form is the Career/Development Plan. This is key to whether your application goes through the first filter. Make sure you research and plan your answer to this question.

Best of luck

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by University of Westminster
Hello

A blank space on your Scholarship application form does not lead to automatic rejection. For a lot of our scholarships you don't need to have any work experience. The scholarships team operate on a first and second filter system as we get hundreds of applications for one scholarship. The most important aspect of your application form is the Career/Development Plan. This is key to whether your application goes through the first filter. Make sure you research and plan your answer to this question.

Best of luck

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Thank you very much, I almost got a myocardial infarction. Good luck to all Diverse Thinking Global Citizens
Hi! I doubt it would be an auto rejection as not everyone has worked before uni c: you should be fine! Did you ever get an email of acknowledgement that they've received your application?

I have sent it using a courier service.. Will be reaching this Thursday(tomorrow) so I am not really sure but on website it says they will send email acknowledging they have received your application
I have sent it using a courier service.. Will be reaching this Thursday(tomorrow) so I am not really sure but on website it says they will send email acknowledging they have received your application

Mine supposedly reached on the 14th April however I still have no news and it's a little worrying, and I'm not sure what to do :') Hope your application gets to them safely!
[QUOTE="Neo;64425405" Shantel="Shantel"]Mine supposedly reached on the 14th April however I still have no news and it's a little worrying, and I'm not sure what to do :':wink: Hope your application gets to them safely![/QUOTE
Hope so too
Reply 15
Hello guys, what are your predicted or received grades if you are applying for full scholarship?(international)

Hi there I have received the acknowledgement email..Hope you did receive it too
Hi there I have received the acknowledgement email..Hope you did receive it too

That's great! Yes I got mine just a few days ago. Good luck for everything c':
That's great! Yes I got mine just a few days ago. Good luck for everything c':

Thanx Good luck to you too
Reply 19
Hey guys :smile:
I got an unconditional offer from Westminster to study IR and I want to accept it, but I won't be able to afford going if I don't get a scholarship.
So what should I do? Wait for the reply from the Scholarship team and hope I hear back from them before the deadline to accept the offers (8th June) or accept the offer now regardless and then if I am not lucky with the scholarship just withdraw my application?
Westminster is really my only chance to go to uni anywhere in the world, can't even go in my own country :frown: the waiting for the scholarship outcome is nerve-wracking..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending