The Student Room Group

How to use a calculator in statistics.

Hi, I'm having to self teach myself statistics and I'm finding it ever more tiresome to do it without knowing how to use calculator shortcuts, could someone share/tell me how to use a calculator well? (casio fx 991 es)
Reply 1
You can do loads on that calculator. Normal distribution, t distribution and all the other standard stuff like standard deviation, variance, mean etc.
Original post by B_9710
You can do loads on that calculator. Normal distribution, t distribution and all the other standard stuff like standard deviation, variance, mean etc.

I stare at the functions and don't really know what/how to use it...
Reply 3
Original post by Argylesocksrox
I stare at the functions and don't really know what/how to use it...

Read the manual.
Reply 4
Original post by alow
Read the manual.

Reply 5
Hi, I'm having to self teach myself statistics and I'm finding it ever more tiresome to do it without knowing how to use calculator shortcuts, could someone share/tell me how to use a calculator well? (casio fx 991 es)

Read the booklet that comes with it - it basically tells you all the functions. I know how to use that calculator for stats, but it's not easy giving you a description of it by text...

Here's a video on using it for normal distribution calculations.

Here's one for regression-type calculations.

...I don't know what else you might need, really. :laugh:
Original post by Zacken

So accurate, the manual probably exists somewhere in my room, I'd have to delve deep though.
Reply 7
So accurate, the manual probably exists somewhere in my room, I'd have to delve deep though.

Should be a freely available PDF online, google it.
Original post by Zacken
Should be a freely available PDF online, google it.

Looking through it now, god, I hate nothing more than statistics.
Reply 9
Looking through it now, god, I hate nothing more than statistics.

I feel you. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest