The Student Room Group

Has anyone experienced this feeling in their chest before?

Okay, before one of you poops tell me to "this isn't the Dr's, go to the doctors" I will!:frown:

But I'm worried, so I'm hoping someone can relate.

Okay so when I breath in, my lungs feel bit sore(I know that doesn't make sense) and when I cough (which isn't often because I don't have a cough atm) it makes me chest sore. My upper back is a tiny bit painful at certain times of the day, but lungs feel like they can't get in enough air.

It's getting a bit better, but monday I made my chest sore by constantly trying to take in deep breaths, my chest felt tight. Now I can take in deep breaths but when I do my chest feels sore.

I know it's not anxiety.

Can anyone relate? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Okay, before one of you poops tell me to "this isn't the Dr's, go to the doctors" I will!:frown:

Okay so when I breath in, my lungs feel bit sore(I know that doesn't make sense) and when I cough (which isn't often because I don't have a cough atm) it makes me chest sore. My upper back is a tiny bit painful at certain times of the day, but lungs feel like they can't get in enough air.

It's getting a bit better, but monday I made my chest sore by constantly trying to take in deep breaths, my chest felt tight. Now I can take in deep breaths but when I do my chest feels sore.

I know it's not anxiety.

Sounds like what chest infections i had when i was a kid, i do have asthma though.
Original post by claireestelle
Sounds like what chest infections i had when i was a kid, i do have asthma though.

I feel like it maybe a chest infection, but what could have possibly brought it on? :frown: I did have an uncomfortable feeling in my upper stomach a couple of days ago but I thought it was just indigestion or something.

I know it's not anxiety.

Im pretty sure I know the feeling. Mine seems to be stress related and during school work people apparently keep hearing me gasp for breaths when it happens.
Reply 4
Maybe your breasts are getting bigger and are heavier to carry... :dontknow:
Original post by Josb
Maybe your breasts are getting bigger and are heavier to carry... :dontknow:

No 😐 Ofcourse you would have something sexual and unhelpful to say 😒😢
Reply 6
I sometimes get this... Could it be asthma?
Think it could be muscular?
Reply 8
No 😐 Ofcourse you would have something sexual and unhelpful to say 😒😢

Sorry, it could have been that.
Aww lovely xx sorry to hear that :hugs: and yeah, felt something similar when i had a lung infection when my ribs got all inflamed although i get tight chested anyway x
as others have said it does sound like a chest infection or some bronchial irritation so best as u say go to the doctors xxx
Yeah, now that you mention it...I do sometimes.
It normally just goes away, but then the pain travels up to my shoulder and I get terrible cramps there :frown:
Good luck at the doctor :redface:
@TheonlyMrsHolmes
Original post by CoolCavy
Aww lovely xx sorry to hear that :hugs: and yeah, felt something similar when i had a lung infection when my ribs got all inflamed although i get tight chested anyway x
as others have said it does sound like a chest infection or some bronchial irritation so best as u say go to the doctors xxx

Did you get anti biotics to treat it? :-( I feel like I'm getting a an infection, I will go on Friday :-( 😢
Could be a mild case of pleurisy?
Did you get anti biotics to treat it? :-( I feel like I'm getting a an infection, I will go on Friday :-( 😢

yeah these big capsule thingies :redface: it went away totally after 5 weeks after the antibiotic (1 week course of something strong idk what they were :redface:) although there is still some mucus when i laugh :s-smilie: sorry tmi :getmecoat:
awwhh please do beautiful, before it escalates xx best of luck and lemme know how u get on <33333
Pleurisy..... Worst 2 weeks of my life.
Original post by CoolCavy
yeah these big capsule thingies :redface: it went away totally after 5 weeks after the antibiotic (1 week course of something strong idk what they were :redface:) although there is still some mucus when i laugh :s-smilie: sorry tmi :getmecoat:
awwhh please do beautiful, before it escalates xx best of luck and lemme know how u get on <33333

The thing is, I don't have lots of muscus (I can't really hear it), I feel like it's there really deep inside. I definitely will go now that I'm assured I am not dying XD

Thank you cavy, you've calmed me down! xxx

I know it's not anxiety.

bronchitis!! i'm guessing
see the Dr please or go to hosp. it's normal when it's cold or when it's spring and you happen to be allergic to all the pollen suddenly flying everywhere..
do you have asthma?
Its cause you love me too much and your heart can't handle it :sexface:

Soz bubz :love:
Original post by The Joker ~
bronchitis!! i'm guessing
see the Dr please or go to hosp. it's normal when it's cold or when it's spring and you happen to be allergic to all the pollen suddenly flying everywhere..
do you have asthma?

Nope, I don't but I do have hay fever. I think it may possibly be pollen related, because exactly this time last year I experiences a similar thing and the doctor said "it's anxiety" -_- which it wasn't. It did go away slowly. This time it feels much worse, my chest hurts so I don't know if it's the same thing. I will go to the doctors, I went for a walk and I feel a little better and I a little more relaxed.

I will go to the Dr's, I hate the Dr's :frown:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Could be a mild case of pleurisy?

It sounds a bit like it (checked the NHS website for symptoms) but I don't have a dry crunching sound :/

Oh god :frown:

If I die, I really did enjoy being on the planet :frown:
Original post by BodyOfZeus
Pleurisy..... Worst 2 weeks of my life.

How did it feel? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest