The Student Room Group

Movies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FabulouslyAwks
Yaaaaaaaaaaaas! It really is! I know I feel so sad and happy watching the film! Who is your fave character?!

ohhh idk I love all of them I guess, when he changed the words in the speech :rofl: wbu?
The Nut Job
Over the Hedge
Ratatouille
Shark Tale
Antz
The Room
Original post by chocolatesauce
ohhh idk I love all of them I guess, when he changed the words in the speech :rofl: wbu?

Love that speech! My faves are Chatur and Centimetre! I always love the ending! And the demo scene! Learnt so much from that film!
Love that speech! My faves are Chatur and Centimetre! I always love the ending! And the demo scene! Learnt so much from that film!

real friends uno :cry: are you Indian then?
Reply 25
If you're into anime then you need to watch pretty much all of Studio Ghibli's works, namely Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle. It's hard to say which anime movie is the best but chances are, if a best anime movie exists, it's probably going to be a Studio Ghibli one. A lesser known anime (not by Studio Ghibli) is 5 Centimetres per Second - it has, hands down, the most gorgeous visuals in any anime I've seen. I challenge you to find one that looks more beautiful (aside from the directors' other works).

There are numerous amazing western animated movies as well and a few immediately come to mind. You've most likely already watched most of the classic Disney ones so I won't bother naming those. You should watch all of Pixar movies (excluding Cars 2 - you can skip that one and forget it exists), especially Wall-E and Up. Dreamwork's How to Train your Dragon series is great and actually is one of the few movies that have made me emotional (another being Up - curse you Pixar and your brilliant, wordless storytelling). Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas is a must-watch mainly because it's a classic by now. Its stop motion animation blends really well with its dark visuals and the intro song - "This is Halloween" - at the beginning is on par with Disney's best songs (in fact, it was so good Marilyn Manson covered it!). Disney's Tangled still remains my favourite 3D Disney film. A relatively unknown movie is Warner Bros.' The Iron Giant. It is SUCH a good film and I honestly don't understand why so few people have heard of it. It's about a young boy who befriends an alien robot - what more could a kid want? It didn't do well at the box office but it remains one of my favourite films. It's also one of the only movies that made me emotional. The ending hits you really hard :'( (oh and Vin Diesel does the voice of the Iron Giant, in case you wonder why it sounds so familiar haha).There are so many more I could mention. Blue Sky Studios's Ice Age series, Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox based on the story by Roald Dahl, the nostalgic Chicken Run and Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit by Aardman Animations. I could go on and on but I don't want this to be too long haha Check out this list: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/top_100_animation_movies/

I wasn't expecting this to be so long so I'll just quickly mention some: The Godfather trilogy (the third ones a bit lukewarm but the first and second are historical cinematic masterpieces), The Dark Knight trilogy (personally speaking, the best live action superhero movies), Pulp Fiction (and any other Quentin Tarantino film, namely Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained), 2001: A Space Odyssey and Dr. Strangelove by Stanley Kubrick (the man was basically a god of cinematography. These two movies shine slightly brighter than his other masterpieces), The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Fight Club, Inception, The Silence of the Lambs, Se7en, The Usual Suspects, Casablanca, Indiana Jones series, Whiplash, The Prestige, Gladiator.............. the list never really ends but these movies should keep you busy for a while!
real friends uno :cry: are you Indian then?
aw, yeah I am Indian, you?:biggrin:
aw, yeah I am Indian, you?:biggrin:

yes :biggrin:
yes :biggrin:

Desi high five!:biggrin:
What other films do you like?
Desi high five!:biggrin:
What other films do you like?

:five: Lagaan, Devdas, Jodhaa Akbar, Barfi, KKKG, Jab we met, KHNO, Taare zameen par, My name is khan.....just a few. wbu?

Spoiler

:five: Lagaan, Devdas, Jodhaa Akbar, Barfi, KKKG, Jab we met, KHNO, Taare zameen par, My name is khan.....just a few. wbu?

I love KKKG, Taare Zameen par and Barfi too! I also love Queen, Yeh Jawanni hai Deewani, the Koi Mil Gaya series, and all those lovely romantic soppy movies of the early 2000s!:biggrin:

Quick Reply