The Student Room Group

Psychology at Uni

Hi guys! i want to ask if is it still possible for me to do psychology at uni even though I'm doing a random A-level subjects (Media, H&SC and Socio). This is because I wasn't too sure what i want to do at uni before so i have chosen subjects that just interests me. However, now that i have made up my mind, I would like to ask for your opinions and advices thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by anonymoon
Hi guys! i want to ask if is it still possible for me to do psychology at uni even though I'm doing a random A-level subjects (Media, H&SC and Socio). This is because I wasn't too sure what i want to do at uni before so i have chosen subjects that just interests me. However, now that i have made up my mind, I would like to ask for your opinions and advices thanks.

Yes, while most universities reduce their entry requirements for students doing specific A Level subjects (Core Sciences, Maths, etc.), no specific A Levels are usually needed.

Generally speaking, if you have around 300 UCAS points and the GCSE requirements, you shouldn't struggle too much in finding a place.

There are loads of website that allow you to search for university courses, e.g. this one: http://university.which.co.uk/courses

Your A Level choices aren't totally unrelated to psychology, by the way.
:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Davalla
Yes, while most universities reduce their entry requirements for students doing specific A Level subjects (Core Sciences, Maths, etc.), no specific A Levels are usually needed.

Generally speaking, if you have around 300 UCAS points and the GCSE requirements, you shouldn't struggle too much in finding a place.

There are loads of website that allow you to search for university courses, e.g. this one: http://university.which.co.uk/courses

Your A Level choices aren't totally unrelated to psychology, by the way.
:smile:

Thank you for your response! This is such a relief as most unis that I have looked at require at lest one science subject so I was worried that H&SC might not be considered as a science subject.

Quick Reply

Latest