The Student Room Group

What is your favourite 'cheesy' 80s song?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amellia123
Haha I was hoping you would like it! I was surprised how similar he sounded to the real thing!! :tongue: There is one of Marti Pellow (that isn't on YouTube) and my physics teacher get annoyed when I said he looked like the guy who was pretending to be him!!

Oh my word.... I will pay you £50 to do that!! (honest) But which song?!?!?! (the wacky/cool hair is compulsory)

Yeah, I agree! :tongue: I don't even know who Marti Pellow is... :tongue: I've never actually heard of him :tongue: Hahaha :lol:

:rofl: I require more than £50 for a task of such epic proportions :lol: Cool hair, overcoat, rhythm guitar that I can't even play :rofl: Hmmm, The Killing Moon! :tongue: (or maybe Rescue, The Cutter or Villiers Terrace :tongue: As if my vocal chords could get high enough for The Cutter :rofl:).
Hello! :smile: They are kind of cheesy (but I actually like them regardless!) I know what you mean, I love 80s music and when I request Wham everyone just groans at me :lol:

Ahahaha!!! :laugh: They're quite catchy aren't they? I think the 80's did a great deal for music. You've actually got me listening to an 80's playlist now :laugh: :banana:

A bit of Duran Duran whilst doing work! :headbang:
Original post by Matrix123
Hahahahahaha indeed! Sorry Amellia! :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

I owe you:
:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha Amellia forgives you Matrix :smile:

Yay the jumphug!! :jumphug:
GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD Matrix :colonhash: I am open minded, I just don't have a religion :lol: (well only The Bunnymen Religion apparently :tongue: )

:lol: Ikr!

The best religion :lol:
Hahaha Amellia forgives you Matrix :smile:

Yay the jumphug!! :jumphug:

Yay thanks! :h:

Haha yes you're lucky! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SassKing13
Yeah, I agree! :tongue: I don't even know who Marti Pellow is... :tongue: I've never actually heard of him :tongue: Hahaha :lol:

:rofl: I require more than £50 for a task of such epic proportions :lol: Cool hair, overcoat, rhythm guitar that I can't even play :rofl: Hmmm, The Killing Moon! :tongue: (or maybe Rescue, The Cutter or Villiers Terrace :tongue: As if my vocal chords could get high enough for The Cutter :rofl:).

Haha have you not? He was/is the front man of Wet Wet Wet (i don't think you would like them :lol:)

[video="youtube;uyUtpqG8i_k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyUtpqG8i_k[/video]

More than £50? Sheeeeeshhh call that the deposit then :tongue:
Of course! check check and check again!! (ill lend you mine for these purposes) :tongue: Yes!! Its in a guitar book ive got - chords are so easy too!! :lol: (hahaha aww I'm sure you could :rofl:) Nah you have to do Seven Seas with the female 'get up' (and learn all the dance moves) :lol:
Original post by QueenBee98
Ahahaha!!! :laugh: They're quite catchy aren't they? I think the 80's did a great deal for music. You've actually got me listening to an 80's playlist now :laugh: :banana:

A bit of Duran Duran whilst doing work! :headbang:

They really are!! :lol: 80s were brilliant, the fashion, the music, the films.... ahhh :colondollar: Haha really? Yay!!

OMG Duran Duran are my favourite!! which song?
The best religion :lol:

Of course :lol:

Original post by Matrix123
Yay thanks! :h:

Haha yes you're lucky! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you are most welcome :smile: Haha indeed i am!
Of course :lol:

you are most welcome :smile: Haha indeed i am!

:woo:
Good you know :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They really are!! :lol: 80s were brilliant, the fashion, the music, the films.... ahhh :colondollar: Haha really? Yay!!

OMG Duran Duran are my favourite!! which song?

On the topic of Fashion..... Bowie, perhaps? :punk:

It's a pretty good playlist actually! :smile:

Ahahahahaha :laugh: 'Hungry like the Wolf!'
Haha have you not? He was/is the front man of Wet Wet Wet (i don't think you would like them :lol:)

[video="youtube;uyUtpqG8i_k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyUtpqG8i_k[/video]

More than £50? Sheeeeeshhh call that the deposit then :tongue:
Of course! check check and check again!! (ill lend you mine for these purposes) :tongue: Yes!! Its in a guitar book ive got - chords are so easy too!! :lol: (hahaha aww I'm sure you could :rofl:) Nah you have to do Seven Seas with the female 'get up' (and learn all the dance moves) :lol:

Ahhh, I see... :tongue: Yeah, not a fan :lol:

:lol: That's awesome! :biggrin: Can you play All That Jazz yet by the way? :tongue: (I might at some point :tongue:). God :rofl: When you said 'get up', I just thought of this for some reason :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahQZ-ptS9cQ&t=5m11s

My most played song :redface:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

I love that song!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard it in years before this evening! Whenever I used to listen to it, I would always think of Shrek.... :laugh: :laugh:

I think my favourite disco classic would be 'Build me up' by the Foundations - but it's certainly older than the 80's!
(edited 8 years ago)
On the topic of Fashion..... Bowie, perhaps? :punk:

It's a pretty good playlist actually! :smile:

Haha when I put Fashion I actually thought of Bowie :lol:

Awesome!! What songs are on it?

Cool!! Have you seen the video? It is very cheesy!!

[video="youtube;oOg5VxrRTi0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOg5VxrRTi0[/video]

Also I love this (dunno what he is doing - dancing perhaps?!?!?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NF6Qa84mno
Ahhh, I see... :tongue: Yeah, not a fan :lol:

:lol: That's awesome! :biggrin: Can you play All That Jazz yet by the way? :tongue: (I might at some point :tongue:). God :rofl: When you said 'get up', I just thought of this for some reason :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahQZ-ptS9cQ&t=5m11s

Hahaha I thought not :lol: They're okay (VERY CHEESY) And I think their most famous one is 'Love is all Around'

I haven't yet actually - I have downloaded a tab for it to have a look at at some point! :biggrin: (and please do! I can send you a scan of the page in the book :tongue: )
Oh my God.... I should have seen that coming :rofl:

Amellia massively approves.... long live Duran Duran!!
Haha when I put Fashion I actually thought of Bowie :lol:

Awesome!! What songs are on it?

Cool!! Have you seen the video? It is very cheesy!!

[video="youtube;oOg5VxrRTi0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOg5VxrRTi0[/video]

Also I love this (dunno what he is doing - dancing perhaps?!?!?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NF6Qa84mno

Ah it's incredibly hard NOT to think of Bowie for Fashion or... just about everything else! :rock:

Just about everything! :biggrin: It's quite good, there are a variety of playlists on Youtube though - you can just scroll through it :smile:

Oh gosh yes! That was playing in the background, I got intrigued :rofl2:

I can't believe it! I've actually heard that one before, I had no idea I had!

Not gonna lie, the tune reminds me of the War of the Worlds :laugh:
Ah it's incredibly hard NOT to think of Bowie for Fashion or... just about everything else! :rock:

Just about everything! :biggrin: It's quite good, there are a variety of playlists on Youtube though - you can just scroll through it :smile:

Oh gosh yes! That was playing in the background, I got intrigued :rofl2:

I can't believe it! I've actually heard that one before, I had no idea I had!

Not gonna lie, the tune reminds me of the War of the Worlds :laugh:

Haha ikr - too true!! :lol:
Awesome!! Ooo okay I shall be sure to check them out! (I follow some on Spotify but sometimes it is nice to see the videos too!)
Hahaha :rofl:
Have you? I think it was their first 'released' song.... such a good tune :tongue:
Now you have mentioned it - I actually agree :lol:
Haha ikr - too true!! :lol:
Awesome!! Ooo okay I shall be sure to check them out! (I follow some on Spotify but sometimes it is nice to see the videos too!)
Hahaha :rofl:
Have you? I think it was their first 'released' song.... such a good tune :tongue:
Now you have mentioned it - I actually agree :lol:

It's just sad that he's gone :rip:
Ooohhh yes do! They're mostly relaxing, apart from the upbeat ones of course! :biggrin:
It is, you can really tell how much both music AND technology has changed, just look at the special effects in videos made nowadays compared to back then!
I need to go back further, I think I started at The Beatles and Queen and then just worked my way up to the 80's.
Ah yes, It isn't just me then! :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest