The Student Room Group

Relationship Help

Hey there everyone, me and my girlfriend have been going out for a couple of months now. At the start everything was great, but things seemed to have gone down hill. Recently i've been frightened that she is losing interest in me, does anyone know any possible signs. We're both 17. However, i am a month older than her.
1) she hasn't been very affectionate lately (although she never is, we hold hands and hug and stuff)
2) sometimes she ignores my messages
3) she 's been really quiet around me - it wasn't awkward too me, but she is usually very like talkative around me (but i think its her time of month)
4) I'm also scared she doesn't really care about me

am i being too needy? should i back off a bit? Shall i give her some space? Advice please, i need to know how to make this relationship better.
Reply 1
In my experience being treated 'a bit off' can be a sign of a girl cooling. It may well be nothing but if you feel something is wrong it might be. I would recommend not getting too intense in the first 6 months of a relationship, have fun but maintain time apart and your own identity and self esteem. No harm in exlploring how you both feel, but chose the right moment and avoid probing in a needy way. I think a slow build works best in establishing a longer term relationship. Hope all goes well.
Talk to her about how you feel as we have no way of knowing for definite. It does seem as if she's cooling off and no longer in the honeymoon phase, so she doesn't feel the need to impress you as much. Just talk to her and explain how you feel, and hopefully you can resolve it.
Reply 3
Sounds like a good shout man, also you'll find someone soon.

P.s. i love your username xD
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
In my experience being treated 'a bit off' can be a sign of a girl cooling. It may well be nothing but if you feel something is wrong it might be. I would recommend not getting too intense in the first 6 months of a relationship, have fun but maintain time apart and your own identity and self esteem. No harm in exlploring how you both feel, but chose the right moment and avoid probing in a needy way. I think a slow build works best in establishing a longer term relationship. Hope all goes well.

Sounds good! what did your girlfriend/boyfriend stop doing, when they got comfortable around you?
Reply 5
Original post by georgiaswift
Talk to her about how you feel as we have no way of knowing for definite. It does seem as if she's cooling off and no longer in the honeymoon phase, so she doesn't feel the need to impress you as much. Just talk to her and explain how you feel, and hopefully you can resolve it.

I read somewhere that the honeymoon phase could last for well up to a year? but you sound like you know what you're talking about, i won't take your word for it 100% but i will definitely take it into account. Thanks for the help. We had an issue today but we resolved it.
Reply 6
[QUOTE=Nd8Man;63756977]Sounds good! what did your girlfriend/boyfriend stop doing, when they got comfortable around you?
I have found the end of the honeymoon period is well in to a relationship, 1 year plus. It is associated with some good things like trust that the relationship is going to contine so less need to always make an effort. But some problem things like libido mismatch and possibly more rows.
Original post by Nd8Man
I read somewhere that the honeymoon phase could last for well up to a year? but you sound like you know what you're talking about, i won't take your word for it 100% but i will definitely take it into account. Thanks for the help. We had an issue today but we resolved it.

It can last for a year or even 18 months for some people, but for some people it's over in 2/3 months. It really depends on the individual person, as everyone is different. I'm glad you resolved your issue from today!
Reply 8
Original post by georgiaswift
It can last for a year or even 18 months for some people, but for some people it's over in 2/3 months. It really depends on the individual person, as everyone is different. I'm glad you resolved your issue from today!

is it normal that she spends more time with her friends than me? or is it not normal?
Original post by Nd8Man
is it normal that she spends more time with her friends than me? or is it not normal?

It depends on the relationship. In most cases you'd expect her to be spending most time with you, especially when the relationship is new. I for one want to spend all day every day with my boyfriend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending