The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Accomodation

What are the best halls in Swansea for social life? I'm thinking of Penmaen, but was/t quite sure...
Original post by HenryTaylor98
What are the best halls in Swansea for social life? I'm thinking of Penmaen, but was/t quite sure...

Hi Henry,

Penmaen is one of the residence buildings on Singleton Park Campus, but you don't have to live in Penmaen specifically to have a good social life.

Living in any one of the 9 halls across Singleton Park will mean you will have the excitement of living right in the middle of student life. You may even want to think about the social side of living off campus on the Student Village where residents are part of a very close-knit community.

Just remember to think about other important factors as well, such as:

- Which campus your course is based on?
- Your budget - do you really need an ensuite (which is more expensive) or could you save a bit of money by sharing a bathroom with just one other person?
- Catering - do you want catering costs included in your fees so that you can have a pre-paid dining card to buy food when you don't want to cook? I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will try my best to help!
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Any idea what's going on here? I cant pick any accommodation!
Reply 3
Original post by JamezWebb

Try closing all your tabs and logging back in again.
Or clearing your history / using an incognito window.
Any luck?
(edited 7 years ago)

I may be answering this too late, but you have to go back a few pages and make sure you're applying for the 2016/2017 entry rather than the automatically selected option of a room just for the summer.

Hi James,

Hopefully you found the solution and the problem has been resolved. The advice given here in this thread is also very helpful. My first guess would be that the wrong academic year may have been selected, so try logging out or opening an incognito tab to go back and make sure the correct academic year has been selected.

Quick Reply

Latest