The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Overrated: UCL, Warwick, Durham

Underrated: Nottingham, Bath, Southampton, Manchester

No waaaay is KCL better than those unis! Columbia speaks for itself, the UCs are amazing and Duke is pretty much an Ivy. :laugh:

Exactly!
Reply 61
Overrated - KENT.
Overrated: UCL KCL LSE
Underated: UEA DURHAM CASS
UCL and KCL are without doubt the worst universities I have ever seen or been too. Very overrated. Highly recommend against applying to them
Original post by antebellum
UCL is the most overrated, even though that's where I'm going...:redface:

I wish I quit while I had the chance, the worst university ever I could think of. I recommend changing before it's too late
Original post by Foo.mp3
For this compelling contribution, we thank thee, kind Sir:hat2:

Just as compelling as your post, bud.
Reply 66
Overrated
LSE

Underatted

KCL, Bath, Exeter
Reply 67
Original post by Jpw1097
Most overrated : Cambridge, Oxford, Durham, Warwick, UCL, Harvard, MIT, Bath, Imperial College London
Most underrated : East London, Bolton, Newman, Glyndwr, Sunderland.

:toofunny:
Overrated: The Russell Group

People on here make out that your life is over if your university isn't in the Russell Group. In the real world nobody really cares.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'd have thought you'd have learnt your lesson by now callum_law, but apparently not :rolleyes:

I'd have thought you'd learn how to use vocative commas, but apparently not.
Overrated: LSE, UCL, KCL (deffffffoooooo), St Andrews, Lancaster (it's not really a top 10-11 uni.. )
Underrated: Bath, Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds, Loughborough, UEA

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
Fastidious use of vocative commas is a little OTT where colloquial/conversational English on student forums is concerned, but thanks for the pro-tip. Seriously, where do you get off being so negative - where has it got you, other than banned? At least post on-topic and add something to the discussion (other than 'the lowest form of wit':wink: :yy:

I only said "righto" and then you mocked the eloquence of my post. How am I the bad person in this scenario?
Underrated: LSE

Has a reputation for being crap and having a bad social life, not the case.
Original post by Jamie S
Underrated: LSE

Has a reputation for being crap

Wtf?
Overrated: UCL, LSE, Leicester.
Underrated: Keele, Queen Mary, KCL.
Original post by Princepieman
Overrated: LSE, UCL, KCL (deffffffoooooo), St Andrews, Lancaster (it's not really a top 10-11 uni.. )
Underrated: Bath, Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds, Loughborough, UEA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Gnomes&Knights
Overrated: UCL, LSE, Leicester.Underrated: Keele, Queen Mary, KCL.

Why LSE and UCL? They deserve their reputation...
Original post by Trapz99

They're above Imperial in global rankings, which is complete nonsense. All the current UCL applicants I've spoken to feel like they'll get their bottoms kissed because they have the uni's name on their CV. LSE because people think it's a ticket to big bucks, when really, they just compete against other top 5-10 uni students for jobs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99

I study at UCL and its ****ing ****. I'm not going to explain why it is since it will take multiple essays. Just take my word for it. LSE don't teach STEM subject so I don't rate it.
(edited 8 years ago)
I attend Warwick, but it's definitely one of the most overrated unis in the UK lol

It acts like its super selective when over 70% of applicants get offers... at least the employers don't know this :tongue:
Original post by CompSci16
I attend Warwick, but it's definitely one of the most overrated unis in the UK lol

It acts like its super selective when over 70% of applicants get offers... at least the employers don't know this :tongue:

Can't have been overrated for 22 years bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending