The Student Room Group

How do I get rid of my bad driving instructor?

Hey I have had about 12 lessons so far and all I have done up to now is drive around my block, go round round abouts, move off, and use first second and third gear. I'm struggling and I don't feel I'm progressing as well as I should be, for example one my first few lessons it took me about 4 lessons just to learn how to do a left emerge without stalling, she wasn't really explaining properly what I was doing wrong and I just had to figure it out on my own

she cancels lessons a lot and she has been late a few times. She also charged me when I had one booked and I didn't show up as I was asleep which is deffinately my fault, but she didn't knock on my door or try to ring me just felt like she could have let me off with it lol. She hasn't learnt me any manoeuvres yet, I attempted the 3 point turn once but I havnt practised it any more since then ,

Anyway I have found a new instructor who has had good reviews and I have been red commended him by a friend who passed not so long ago, he also does his first lesson free and charges 17 pound an hour after that which is 3 pound cheaper than the one I have now, just one problem how do I get rid of this one, I'm so shy and I feel awkward I don't know what to say
Just don't book another lesson with her... Why do you feel the need to tell her?
Reply 2
just don't say anything

was this thread serious

if i usually go to mcdonalds and then start going to kfc i don't have any requirement to go into mcdonalds to let them know i won't be coming anymore lmao

hi mcdonalds in case you get worried i've decided to switch over to kfc
(edited 8 years ago)
As others have said, just dont book any more lessons with her.

Does seem like you are making very slow progress.
What they both said. You choose who you want to teach you because you are paying. Dont book with the one you dont like anymore. If you want you could send her an email saying you have decided to stop lessons, but not required.

Btw you will feel better as soon as you start with the new instructor.
Thanks for helping me thus far but I feel I need a change of instructor now. It's me not you.

Unless you want a exchange Xmas cards in future this should do the trick.
Don't book any more lessons with her. Make sure you have paid for all the lessons you have had with her and then text her you no longer need lessons (so she can take on another student) and then don't respond to her calls/messages

I had a bad instructor when I first started and I just rang her up and said I don't need any more lessons with her and told her why and that was done :smile:
Reply 7
but yeah on a more serious note it would probably be polite to let her know you're finding someone else (and maybe give a reason? perhaps there is something she can improve on) but you're not obliged to.
Reply 8
Mount the pavement going 40+

Nah. In all seriousness, just swap to the guy your mate recommended. Don't pay to waste your time, pay to learn. You owe the instructor nothing.
Original post by TeachChemistry
Thanks for helping me thus far but I feel I need a change of instructor now. It's me not you.

Unless you want a exchange Xmas cards in future this should do the trick.

No need to say that, whether she gets a new instructor is non of her business. remember the op is shy an anxious. She doesnt have to say anything.

If asked she can say shes not interested in booking more lessons at the moment.

Th insyructor if shes any ood will have lots of clients who drop out all the time.
Original post by Vennec
Mount the pavement going 40+

Nah. In all seriousness, just swap to the guy your mate recommended. Don't pay to waste your time, pay to learn. You owe the instructor nothing.

Thanks I will just say I can't afford them or something, I have already booked a lesson which is on Sunday so I'm happy about that as the instructor I have now I always busy and today when she booked me in for my next one she said she can't do one till Thursday and that's not good for me because by the time Thursday comes around I will have forgot everything and be nervous That was like the final straw lol I gave her a lot of chances and I just wasted money
At the end of my last lesson with my instructor I just told him I'm going to be busy in the next few weeks so I'll call him when I want to book another lesson. Then I went home and blocked his number and never spoke to him again. :h:
Reply 12
Original post by brunegtebabe111
Hey I have had about 12 lessons so far and all I have done up to now is drive around my block, go round round abouts, move off, and use first second and third gear. I'm struggling and I don't feel I'm progressing as well as I should be, for example one my first few lessons it took me about 4 lessons just to learn how to do a left emerge without stalling, she wasn't really explaining properly what I was doing wrong and I just had to figure it out on my own

she cancels lessons a lot and she has been late a few times. She also charged me when I had one booked and I didn't show up as I was asleep which is deffinately my fault, but she didn't knock on my door or try to ring me just felt like she could have let me off with it lol. She hasn't learnt me any manoeuvres yet, I attempted the 3 point turn once but I havnt practised it any more since then ,

Anyway I have found a new instructor who has had good reviews and I have been red commended him by a friend who passed not so long ago, he also does his first lesson free and charges 17 pound an hour after that which is 3 pound cheaper than the one I have now, just one problem how do I get rid of this one, I'm so shy and I feel awkward I don't know what to say

Just say you are too busy and you are going to stop having lessons for a while.
Original post by brunegtebabe111

I don't have anything to add as to what someone who is wanting to switch instructors should say to their old instructor, but I wanted to comment on the part I bolded.

You did owe her the money for the lesson you missed, and she was not obligated to chase you up for the lesson. It's your responsibility to ensure that you are at the agreed place at the agreed time. If you fail to do so, you are obligated (if their T&Cs state) to pay the lesson fee.
Original post by AccountingBabe
Just don't book another lesson with her... Why do you feel the need to tell her?

I agree. I’m looking at this post as I need to get rid of mine. I am tomorrow as I have another instructor meeting me.
shall I just keep cancelling lessons (I already have my test booked with him in his car) I feel I have to be more direct. What should I say?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending