The Student Room Group

Making notes

How do you make notes? And if there are any visual learners here,
do you sketchnote?
i make mind-maps to condense information.
I also use bright coloured paper so I can associate topics with colours
Condense words from the revision guide / online resources into my own understanding in this huge 10-subject notebook I have and for subjects like science I make diagrams with annotations to help me visualize the part of the body / cell structure e.g etc etc to help me see in my mind what's happening. For subjects like geography I make mind maps for the case studies, but other than geography mind maps don't really work for me
I do sketch-note type mind maps

flash cards have never worked for me

and sometimes just good old fashioned bullet pointing is good as well
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
I do sketch-note type mind maps

flash cards have never worked for me

and sometimes just good old fashioned bullet pointing is good as well

isnt it hard to sketchnote?
i first condense a page from a revision book onto an index card, and using a bright coloured pen to highlight key words. after, closer to the exam date, i make mind maps with coloured pens! i'm also a visual learner but i find that sketch notes take way too much time and are tedious to do, so i usually only draw small diagrams when necessary onto the mind map every so often.
I personally think notes are great but they're completely useless you're going to do something with them so I make notes in note books (1 per topic, colour coding) and then condense these into aesthetically pleasing mindmaps because writing things out again is always useful. Then condense this even further into queue cards. What helps most for me is making sure I enjoy making my notes so I always make sure everything is nice to look at otherwise going over them is such a chore!
Not for me. I actually find it quite enjoyable making connections, and at the same time making the page look pretty.

But pfft, that's just me. Sketchnoting isn't for everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest