The Student Room Group

If your parents died today would you be sad?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mariam687
this is pathetic, people saying that they wouldnt mind if their "dad died" or their "mum died"

for Gods sake at the end of the day they are still your parents

ofc you'd be devastated this is a ridiculous thread tbh

Yes, I would be heartbroken.....heartbroken all the way to the bank. Kerching!
Reply 21
this is pathetic, people saying that they wouldnt mind if their "dad died" or their "mum died"

for Gods sake at the end of the day they are still your parents

ofc you'd be devastated this is a ridiculous thread tbh

i disagree
(don't open spoiler if you don't wanna be surprised a little)

Spoiler

Reply 22
Original post by thefatone
oh... i'm sorry to hear that :/

dam probably best if you don't com back to this thread in a bit them, just ignore further notifications from this thread then ^-^

Why you doing this to us? Why? What did us innocent tsrians do to you? 😩😩😩
things, he did things, check my other threadssame but without the stepdad bithaha that's seems like most peoples' responses on here...........................well i wanted to see what people think about their parents and all.........i guess support from other sources could help with your lossLOL haha who needs therapy?>.> really?this thread is about parents dying and your response to that(a theoretical situationdam dude thinking of only profiting of other peoples' deaths isn't good...

I hope so - tbh I've never experienced the loss of a relative before and I'm not a very emotional person in general so who knows if I'd actually get visibility affected by it, like I wouldn't really expect myself to cry, well not in public anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i disagree
(don't open spoiler if you don't wanna be surprised a little)

Spoiler

im sorry but some people dont have dads let alone any parents and your here talking about your dad like that, at least be appreciative?

i understand your angry but people may change, at least you know he's still alive?

bc i can guarantee that yes u may dislike him now but if he did pass away you would regret it so badly

(btw this isnt a hate post)
Reply 25
Original post by ZuluK
Why you doing this to us? Why? What did us innocent tsrians do to you? 😩😩😩

o.o it's just a slightly controversial topic which i'd like other peoples opinions on because i know my thoughts and way of thinking differs too much from others to be called "normal"
Original post by Matrix123
I hope so - tbh I've never experienced the loss of a relative before and I'm not a very emotional person in general so who knows if I'd actually get visibility affected by it, like I wouldn't really expect myself to cry, well not in public anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i've lost 1 relative before and he quite an awesome guy but i was a bit sad when i realised the weight of it on my family....
but yea not very emotional me....

brb going for some dinner
o.o it's just a slightly controversial topic which i'd like other peoples opinions on because i know my thoughts and way of thinking differs too much from others to be called "normal"

i've lost 1 relative before and he quite an awesome guy but i was a bit sad when i realised the weight of it on my family....
but yea not very emotional me....

brb going for some dinner

Aw fair enough. I hardly ever speak to any of the family I have outside of my parents and sister so I doubt I'd be in much contact with any relatives if this happened.

Cool

Posted from TSR Mobile
(God forbid)

If such a thing were to happen, my only goal in life would be gone too. The only reason I still bother with life is because of them (and God, obviously). I don't know what I would do or live for.
What kind of a question is that??!!
My dad died two years ago so if my mam died any time soon I know I'd be an emotional wreck.
Reply 30
im sorry but some people dont have dads let alone any parents and your here talking about your dad like that, at least be appreciative?

i understand your angry but people may change, at least you know he's still alive?

bc i can guarantee that yes u may dislike him now but if he did pass away you would regret it so badly

(btw this isnt a hate post)

no and for very specific reasons, personal reasons too which i haven't shared to anyone. but no i would barely regret anything. Maybe i might regret i didn't say i loved my dad but that's probably it.
once i've made a decision i almost always stick to it.
for example my physics teacher told me he though this wasn't the best course to take if i was struggling on SUVAT at the bigging of the year. I told him i'll finish the course and i'm not going back on that now, i promised this guy i would finish this so imma do it.
no, no i wouldn't i'm emotionally hard like that(by hard i mean unwavering and very limited in terms of emotions)
Aw fair enough. I hardly ever speak to any of the family I have outside of my parents and sister so I doubt I'd be in much contact with any relatives if this happened.

Cool

Posted from TSR Mobile

well i guess this is probably just me then >.>
Original post by fire_and_ice
(God forbid)

If such a thing were to happen, my only goal in life would be gone too. The only reason I still bother with life is because of them (and God, obviously). I don't know what I would do or live for.

you goal is to be like your parents?
Original post by FluffyCherry
What kind of a question is that??!!

the kind of question which stretches some people's emotional limits and makes people question what they'd do in this situation
Original post by Kircheis
My dad died two years ago so if my mam died any time soon I know I'd be an emotional wreck.

i guess most people would be from the responses i've had from this thread.
no and for very specific reasons, personal reasons too which i haven't shared to anyone. but no i would barely regret anything. Maybe i might regret i didn't say i loved my dad but that's probably it.
once i've made a decision i almost always stick to it.
for example my physics teacher told me he though this wasn't the best course to take if i was struggling on SUVAT at the bigging of the year. I told him i'll finish the course and i'm not going back on that now, i promised this guy i would finish this so imma do it.
no, no i wouldn't i'm emotionally hard like that(by hard i mean unwavering and very limited in terms of emotions)

well i guess this is probably just me then >.>

you goal is to be like your parents?

the kind of question which stretches some people's emotional limits and makes people question what they'd do in this situation

i guess most people would be from the responses i've had from this thread.

Well, I wouldn't know as I've never been through that. I guess I'd have to actually go through that to find out...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Well, I wouldn't know as I've never been through that. I guess I'd have to actually go through that to find out...

Posted from TSR Mobile

of course experience definitely provides a lot more information than just theory
of course experience definitely provides a lot more information than just theory

Yes, definitely agree with that:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Yes, definitely agree with that:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well looks like things have died down quite a lot :biggrin:
maybe i'll make another controversial thread and hope it stays alive after my other thread which got removed >.> for no reason i can think of... it was just like this thread too...
well looks like things have died down quite a lot :biggrin:
maybe i'll make another controversial thread and hope it stays alive after my other thread which got removed >.> for no reason i can think of... it was just like this thread too...

Yeah...OK then. Well, I guess this isn't necessarily something I'd think many people would not be upset to think about so a lot of people might just not want to have to think about it.
Hmmm...strange:holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Yeah...OK then. Well, I guess this isn't necessarily something I'd think many people would not be upset to think about so a lot of people might just not want to have to think about it.
Hmmm...strange:holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well then... i might make another one of these threads tomorrow....
well then... i might make another one of these threads tomorrow....

Ohh OK

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would be completely devastated. I love my parents so much.
I do believe losing them would propel me right back into the hell that is mental sickness.
Reply 39
I will be devastated.
What kind of question is this?

Quick Reply