The Student Room Group

How to deal with a romantic obsession over someone

I've been thinking about her constantly for like a year now, part of me wants to move on but another part really enjoys the feeling of fantasising about her
Original post by Anonymous
I've been thinking about her constantly for like a year now, part of me wants to move on but another part really enjoys the feeling of fantasising about her

you stab yourself(metaphorically) and remind yourself that you don't wanna fantasize about her for whatever reason
Its probably no worse than ogling a piece of meat in a club. Theres no such this as 'wrong love'.

Either tell her how you feel or move on and find someone else. Living in a fantasy world seems fun at that moment but youre always chasing that dream of being with them, and it probably eats you up inside over time. Either be upfront or cut contact for your own mental wellbeing.
Reply 4
Original post by speckypisces
Either tell her how you feel or move on and find someone else. Living in a fantasy world seems fun at that moment but youre always chasing that dream of being with them, and it probably eats you up inside over time. Either be upfront or cut contact for your own mental wellbeing.

But I like having a sort of imaginary relationship with her were I plan out dates and think about having my first kiss with her and cuddling and hand holding. Also I have been guilty of stalking her in real life which I feel guilty about but I only had good intentions and I can't help that she is so amazingly wonderful and lovely
But I like having a sort of imaginary relationship with her were I plan out dates and think about having my first kiss with her and cuddling and hand holding. Also I have been guilty of stalking her in real life which I feel guilty about but I only had good intentions and I can't help that she is so amazingly wonderful and lovely

Carry on, I used to crush on girls but I don't now so me life has become boring

Dont you think it would be more amazing and lovely if it were real though? You could find yourself going round in these circles for year.
Reply 7
maybe go outdoors more...
Part of you wants this, another part of you doesn't...to do something about it, first you need to figure out what you want to do..
I mean you could try the opposite of that and try the women at the local nightclub but then again a lot of people would probably call you a creep for that aswell.
Original post by speckypisces
Dont you think it would be more amazing and lovely if it were real though? You could find yourself going round in these circles for year.

But it won't ever be real :frown:

Original post by mkap
maybe go outdoors more...

I think about her always regardless of where I am

Original post by Biryani007
Part of you wants this, another part of you doesn't...to do something about it, first you need to figure out what you want to do..

But I know it is bad for me it's just stuff like when I think back to her smiling at me it was one of the most amazing feelings I've ever eve periwinkles and probably as good as my life will ever get an think about it and replay it over and over again and imagine I'm holding her and kissing her by holding and kissing my pillow because I really do just think the world of her and it's her or nothing to me. If I fail at getting her which is. Increasingly likely I have decided to never ever have a girlfriend or kiss or have sex

Original post by Global Shahada
I mean you could try the opposite of that and try the women at the local nightclub but then again a lot of people would probably call you a creep for that aswell.

Once you have experienced your crush smiling at you the thought of a one night stand with a random girl seems so boring and pointless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending