The Student Room Group

If your parents died today would you be sad?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thefatone
things, he did things, check my other threads

how helpful of you
For my dad, don't know him so wouldn't be affected. But for my mum, I have to say God forbid whenever scary thoughts like that pop up.
My mum, yeah, I'd probably be fairly depressed for a while I suppose.

As for the father, no.
Reply 43
Yes even though my dad can be an absolute nightmare

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
If my mum did I'd prob do the unspeakable to maself (and regret it in Hell)
but if my dad did i'd still be upset but not to THAT extent
i would be broken, idk what id without them. they are my everything. i would want to be with them whatever it took
no and for very specific reasons, personal reasons too which i haven't shared to anyone. but no i would barely regret anything. Maybe i might regret i didn't say i loved my dad but that's probably it.
once i've made a decision i almost always stick to it.
for example my physics teacher told me he though this wasn't the best course to take if i was struggling on SUVAT at the bigging of the year. I told him i'll finish the course and i'm not going back on that now, i promised this guy i would finish this so imma do it.
no, no i wouldn't i'm emotionally hard like that(by hard i mean unwavering and very limited in terms of emotions)

well i guess this is probably just me then >.>

you goal is to be like your parents?

the kind of question which stretches some people's emotional limits and makes people question what they'd do in this situation

i guess most people would be from the responses i've had from this thread.

Well, that wasn't what I meant, but I'd be honoured to even be a fraction of who they both are. I mean my goal is to please them, to make them proud, happy and ensure they get back more than they've given to me.
Reply 47

and it's back xD but yea i got a topic for my next thread, it's about tickling.http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3984651&p=63782075#post63782075<--- there, it's all made and ready to be filled with comments :biggrin:

Original post by vonbroten
I would be completely devastated. I love my parents so much.
I do believe losing them would propel me right back into the hell that is mental sickness.

ouch that'd be bad, not good at all
Original post by M14B
I will be devastated.

What kind of question is this?

one which stretches the limits of peoples emotional state and the true value fo care and love they assign to their parents
Original post by AlmightyJesus
how helpful of you

well it's all there
Original post by Elise213
For my dad, don't know him so wouldn't be affected. But for my mum, I have to say God forbid whenever scary thoughts like that pop up.

o.o scary thoughts...
Original post by Binary Freak
My mum, yeah, I'd probably be fairly depressed for a while I suppose.

As for the father, no.

haha seems to be this way for quite a lot of people, dad no but mum yes
Original post by Souljer
Yes even though my dad can be an absolute nightmare

Posted from TSR Mobile

o.o putting aside own thoughts for the family, noble man i respect that
Original post by z33
If my mum did I'd prob do the unspeakable to maself (and regret it in Hell)
but if my dad did i'd still be upset but not to THAT extent

you'd kill yourself if your mum died?
Original post by cupcakes87
i would be broken, idk what id without them. they are my everything. i would want to be with them whatever it took

yup seems to be a lot of peoples responses around here
Original post by fire_and_ice
Well, that wasn't what I meant, but I'd be honoured to even be a fraction of who they both are. I mean my goal is to please them, to make them proud, happy and ensure they get back more than they've given to me.

fair enough you feel as if you have a duty to do that, that's fine
Reply 48
both or just 1 parent?
I'd probably be really sad for my dad, even though he's never shown much interest in me. When I was little I often cried and worried about his death, as he's older than my mother.
My mother's the only reason to my unhappiness and insecurities, but I think I'd feel sad for her too.
Reply 50
i would never be the same

disconnected af
Dad - heartbroken.

Mum - She's not really been part of my life and I haven't spoken to her in two years. It would be surprising, but I'd get over it pretty quick I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52

you'd kill yourself if your mum died?

yupppppppppppp cos my mum's literally the only reason i can be happy today and if she's gone then my life would literally turn into Hell

Maybe if i was like 25 and I was more stable/ independent then maybe I could manage but rn that's too much man, the aftermath would just be :eek: x_x

don't wanna be there to see it
well it's all there

where?
Reply 54
Original post by apocalypseArisen
I'd probably be really sad for my dad, even though he's never shown much interest in me. When I was little I often cried and worried about his death, as he's older than my mother.
My mother's the only reason to my unhappiness and insecurities, but I think I'd feel sad for her too.

oh? that's different some people have it the other way round where it's dad no mum yes.
Original post by zanner
i would never be the same

disconnected af

so emotional wreck category then...
Original post by Moonstruck16
Dad - heartbroken.

Mum - She's not really been part of my life and I haven't spoken to her in two years. It would be surprising, but I'd get over it pretty quick I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

o.o just like apocalypse

hmmm emtional wreck is the category for you .... hope you don't become too sad and depressed when the time comes though :console:
Original post by z33
yupppppppppppp cos my mum's literally the only reason i can be happy today and if she's gone then my life would literally turn into Hell

Maybe if i was like 25 and I was more stable/ independent then maybe I could manage but rn that's too much man, the aftermath would just be :eek: x_x

don't wanna be there to see it

dam don't kill yourself if there's no good convincing reason to, think about consequences and what you would theoretically feel after all the pain.
Reply 55
Original post by AlmightyJesus
where?

go onto my profile, click the my stats tab and click on threads started by thefatone

this page http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?do=finduser&u=2357531&starteronly=1

this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3972501
Of course I would be equally sad for either of them. What a stupid question.
Reply 57
What a ridiculous post. My mum has terminal cancer and you wouldn't care if you lost your dad? I think you need to stop being so ungrateful! Your parents are alive and healthy, make the most of what you can before you regret it.
Reply 58
Original post by Trapz99
Of course I would be equally sad for either of them. What a stupid question.

not really, since some have had different experiences with their parents so opinions such as myself may differ
Reply 59

dam don't kill yourself if there's no good convincing reason to, think about consequences and what you would theoretically feel after all the pain.

:lol: look man the way i see it
we're all gonna die anyway
if you know your life is gonna be absolutely horrible and full of pain and **** why endure 50 years of that **** before reaching the same ending? you could end it then and it'll be much less painful overall
#selfishAF but tbh no one is truly selfless

but it's okay my mum's not dead and hopefully she lives a full healthy life :biggrin:

now that was depressing lemme cheer you up :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest