The Student Room Group

Guys - Would you rather be 5ft or 7ft tall?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Both are bad choices for me, but I think I will pick 7
Reply 21
Original post by TheFarmerLad
God what is this TSR obsession with height?

Yeah but this was just general curiosity.

Not obsessing about what is attractive and what is not.

:wink:
Reply 22
Original post by Blondie987
I'm a girl but I'd rather be 7ft tbh

:toofunny:
5ft, don't like being tall really dontfe it sits my personality.
I'm a girl but I'd rather be 7ft tbh

why? surely if you're a girl then the cultural norm is reversed?

+as a guy I'd rather be 7' although it wouldn't be very good. but being 5' would be worse regarding my chances in life.
I'd prefer to be 5 ft.. Being 7 ft would just feel weird to me.
I'm already tall so it would only be a couple of inches definitely 7ft.
Original post by AlmightyJesus
why? surely if you're a girl then the cultural norm is reversed?

+as a guy I'd rather be 7' although it wouldn't be very good. but being 5' would be worse regarding my chances in life.

I don't like the idea of people being so much taller than me at 5ft
7ft, I'd be the real life Sagat.
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't like the idea of people being so much taller than me at 5ft

yeah but don't you think the discrimination towards you, especially as a woman, would be far far worse at 7'? I mean, why is having people taller than you necessarily bad? surely it's pretty common for girls to be shorter than most guys anyway?
yeah but don't you think the discrimination towards you, especially as a woman, would be far far worse at 7'? I mean, why is having people taller than you necessarily bad? surely it's pretty common for girls to be shorter than most guys anyway?

Meh, I don't really care, if people would want to discriminate against me that's their problem, plus I could just steal their stuff and hold it up high so they couldn't reach it mwuhahahaha
Original post by Black Cat
I'm already tall so it would only be a couple of inches definitely 7ft.

You're 6ft10?
Meh, I don't really care, if people would want to discriminate against me that's their problem, plus I could just steal their stuff and hold it up high so they couldn't reach it mwuhahahaha

you don't care, for example, about finding a male partner? I understand that it would be fun to screw around with people but surely other concerns trump that in all seriousness? I mean, it would be difficult for even a man at 7' to find a female partner
Reply 33
Sorry but this is actually a no brainer.

It can only be 5feet.

Being seven feet tall would be fraught with all kinds of medical and of course practical problems and anyone who would want to be noticed every single time they are in public for their whole life is an utter fool.

Never ever underestimate the sheer bliss of being able to go out for a quiet drink or whatnot.

As for being unattractive to women.

Yep,that's obviously a biggie.

You may well have to accept that you are never going to get the girl of your dreams .

But,honestly,knowing this really can be a blessing in disguise. It means you can devote your time to becoming really good at whatever it is that you have a passion about (solong as it's not basketball ) .

You are free to make the most of your abilities and I so doing hopefully still end up getting the girl.

Just make sure you don't go mad and invade Russia.

Cheers

(Edit I apologise for only seeing this question from a male perspective but I assume no woman would want to be 7 feet tall?)
(edited 8 years ago)
you don't care, for example, about finding a male partner? I understand that it would be fun to screw around with people but surely other concerns trump that in all seriousness? I mean, it would be difficult for even a man at 7' to find a female partner

It would probably be more difficult but my main goal in life is definitely not to find a partner, I'm sure I'd find someone eventually and I'd just focus on something I wanted to do with my life anyway
Reply 35
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
7ft. Manlets are scum.

So how tall are you? :tongue:
Original post by stefano865
So how tall are you? :tongue:

6ft6, baby boy.
That's no-brainer! Seven.
Reply 38
Original post by moggis
Sorry but this is actually a no brainer.

It can only be 5feet.

Being seven feet tall would be fraught with all kinds of medical and of course practical problems and anyone who would want to be noticed every single time they are in public for their whole life is an utter fool.

Never ever underestimate the sheer bliss of being able to go out for a quiet drink or whatnot.

As for being unattractive to women.

Yep,that's obviously a biggie.

You may well have to accept that you are never going to get the girl of your dreams .

But,honestly,knowing this really can be a blessing in disguise. It means you can devote your time to becoming really good at whatever it is that you have a passion about (solong as it's not basketball ) .

You are free to make the most of your abilities and I so doing hopefully still end up getting the girl.

Just make sure you don't go mad and invade Russia.

Cheers

(Edit I apologise for only seeing this question from a male perspective but I assume no woman would want to be 7 feet tall?)

Yes. Good point.

Everyday life would be a nightmare.
Reply 39
Im 6foot and 2 inches.

Those are two seperate measurments btw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending