The Student Room Group

Can I really ever get over this? Breakup.

I had a 2 month relationship with a girl. As we started dating, it was more and more apparent that the little coincidences that happened were pretty strange. For example, I found out that her birthday is on the day after mine.

When the relationship started she told me that she believes that we meet people for a reason. I told her that this was a load of rubbish because I did not believe in pre-determinism and that I liked to be in control of my own fate.

Well.. my view there by some inexplicable chain of events is now seriously called to question. If there is such an idea as someone being "the one", I think she was it. And I blew my chance to tell her that I love her. We left on good terms, I have had ****ed up relationships before but she made me happy. I cared about her deeply and did not want her to see that I was torn to shreds inside when she left at the airport. But I will never quite forget.

She has moved back to her home country as she found a job there, that was 3 weeks ago.

I am really struggling to move on. I have never been this ****ed up before.
Reply 1
Sweetheart, it's alright. Short relationships that are 'whirlwind romances' are always the worst, because you don't really know the person long enough to know their bad side, and the rose-tints just blind you to all the bad things. If she made you happy, then excellent! You had a wonderful two months with this girl, and now you're going to have a wonderful life without her. I'm really sorry, but you're going to have to cut your losses, because unless you can feasibly get her back then I'm not too sure what else you're going to do.

You said that she told you you meet people for a reason, and maybe that reason was that you had to learn to get over heartbreak? Maybe try looking at it like that. I promise it gets better, dear.

:smile: Chin up.
Reply 2
Original post by iliacl
Sweetheart, it's alright. Short relationships that are 'whirlwind romances' are always the worst, because you don't really know the person long enough to know their bad side, and the rose-tints just blind you to all the bad things. If she made you happy, then excellent! You had a wonderful two months with this girl, and now you're going to have a wonderful life without her. I'm really sorry, but you're going to have to cut your losses, because unless you can feasibly get her back then I'm not too sure what else you're going to do.

You said that she told you you meet people for a reason, and maybe that reason was that you had to learn to get over heartbreak? Maybe try looking at it like that. I promise it gets better, dear.

:smile: Chin up.

I just feel like I have a lot of baggage now, I have been through that part of my life where I just was so carefree and was having very casual relationships. But this, this has really ****ed with my head.

I mean, I can get another girl, but I am not interested at all. I just don't know when I will be ready because my brain just goes blank when I see any other girl now.

I am just full of regrets. If I told her and she said no, then I can feel some closure. But I feel no closure now.
When's your birthday?
2 months??

Mate I've just come out of a 9 year relationship.. It's tearing me apart so sort of know how you feel

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lambert87
2 months??

Mate I've just come out of a 5.5 year relationship.. It's tearing me apart so sort of know how you feel

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair these short ones are sometimes worse if they are intense because of how condensed the extremity of emotion is, when you breakup with someone you usually put a lot of time into thinking it through so by the time you finish you're dead anyway but these ones just come out of the blue :lol: there's also the feeling of 'what if' that doesn't really happen as much with long ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending