The Student Room Group

If your parents died today would you be sad?

Scroll to see replies

I would be absolutely distraught - I cannot imagine my life without them and would not want to live a life without them.
Reply 61
Original post by Trapz99
Of course I would be equally sad for either of them. What a stupid question.

like i said different people have been in different situations with their parents and i'm just interested to see what answer they'd give
Original post by opaleyes
What a ridiculous post. My mum has terminal cancer and you wouldn't care if you lost your dad? I think you need to stop being so ungrateful! Your parents are alive and healthy, make the most of what you can before you regret it.

your mum has nothing to do with me but not really for my dad, i have my special reasons
like i said i have my reasons
there's not much i regret
Reply 62
yup i bottle up everything since my logic goes as follows: no-one wanta to know about my problems so i'll keep them to myself
Original post by z33
:lol: look man the way i see it
we're all gonna die anyway
if you know your life is gonna be absolutely horrible and full of pain and **** why endure 50 years of that **** before reaching the same ending? you could end it then and it'll be much less painful overall
#selfishAF but tbh no one is truly selfless

but it's okay my mum's not dead and hopefully she lives a full healthy life :biggrin:

now that was depressing lemme cheer you up :lol:

agreed, that's a derpy face
Original post by NeoMarxist
I would be absolutely distraught - I cannot imagine my life without them and would not want to live a life without them.

makes sense quite reasonable
[QUOTE=mariam687;63779477]this is pathetic, people saying that they wouldnt mind if their "dad died" or their "mum died"

for Gods sake at the end of the day they are still your parents

ofc you'd be devastated this is a ridiculous thread tbh

So what? Not everyone has good parents. For all you know, that parent could have been abusive...You shouldn't really be saying that unless you knew their situation.
Reply 64
Original post by fatima1998
:party2:nooo i would rather be happy and crack a party :party2:

Spoiler

hahhahahahaha...... one crazy guy
Original post by KaylaB
For my "dad" I'd probably celebrate, it's the moment he'll get what he deserves

But with my mum I sincerely hope that I will be upset and actually come to terms with it, unlike the death of other family members. I feel bad that I'm not really phased by their deaths, but I'm not in touch with my emotions at all. So it was just being notified where I just accept it and kind of move on with my day, I feel seriously bad about it but I'm seriously so emotionless.

Anyway. This got waaaay too deep and is turning in to a therapy sesion:colondollar:

Agree with your first bit about 'dad' but in my case I have to put my 'mother' in that category too.
Reply 66
Guys tell me something, is it easier to get accepted into a masters degree than bachelors? Reason I'm asking is because university website tend to keep a detailed entry requirement for bachelors but for masters it just says 2.1, do you think getting a first from a 51st rankd uni having tonnes of work experience can get you into the top for master??? please advice BROOTHAs nd SISTAS
Reply 67
Not really about my dad; like I'd go to his funeral and stuff but would I be overly upset? Probably not. My mum a little more so but I'm not that close to any of my family...apart from my cat.
(edited 8 years ago)
Depends how your relationship is with your parents. I on the other hand would be devastated 😪
Original post by thefatone
and it's back xD but yea i got a topic for my next thread, it's about tickling.http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3984651&p=63782075#post63782075

OK, yes I see it has
(edited 8 years ago)
I'd be beyond just sad if my mum died!! I haven't seen my dad in 7 years though so I don't know how I'd feel. Probably sad in a detached way?
Yes, I'd be devastated.

I'd like to offer my sympathy to everyone who wouldn't be sad. Whatever the reason for that is, it can't be good. :console:
Original post by opaleyes
What a ridiculous post. My mum has terminal cancer and you wouldn't care if you lost your dad? I think you need to stop being so ungrateful! Your parents are alive and healthy, make the most of what you can before you regret it.

Stop it. Your mum having terminal cancer has nothing to do with me or anyone else and their situations. I adore my dad and would be distraught if anything happened to him. My mother, on the other hand, has been part of about 25% of my life and only about 2% of that has actually been somewhat good. Of course I would care if she died but I would be fine. There is nothing that I want to 'make the most of' with her. I haven't seen her in two years and it hasn't affected me negatively.

Posted from TSR Mobile
a lot of women here not very keen on their dad's lol explains a lot of issues in society.
Yes I would be devastated !!

I am extremely close with my parents and cannot live without them !
Original post by thefatone
Personally i could care any less about my dad but all my love and care would go to my mum though....

what about the rest of you all?

I looked through your other threads and all I could find was you saying your parents pissed you off because they asked you to look after your younger brother.

Honestly, most people on this thread saying "I wouldnt care about ______ dying" are ********ting. Sure, if your dad was never around, or sexually assaulted you, or whatever else, you probably wouldnt care. But just because they 'told me to clean my room' or 'made me babysit' or 'they yelled at me' - those aren't reasons to be happy about their deaths.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 77
I'd be devastated! I'm not one to miss them when I'm away working or at uni but it would kill me to not have them here
My dads a douchebag too, I'd be alright if he died. My mom is a lovely person but I think somethings wrong with me because I don't really get upset at people i love dying :/
I would cry everyday if my mum died

Original post by BrokenLife
Agree with your first bit about 'dad' but in my case I have to put my 'mother' in that category too.

damn :/
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest