The Student Room Group

Entered for wrong exam - Help?

Hi, Y13 A2 student here and I am resitting 4 AS exams (OCR Maths C2 and S1, OCR Biology F212 and OCR Chemistry F322).

However I have just checked my exam timetable properly for the first time and it turns out that I have been entered to resit OCR Chemistry F321 (atoms, bonds and groups) rather than F322 (chains, energy and resources).

Last year I got an A in F321 and a C in F322 so just going along with the mistake isn't an option.

I definitely wrote F322 and even wrote chains, energy and resources as well on the form at school so it wasn't a mistake on my part.

Seeing as it is Easter no-one is at school to help resolve this, and I am worried that it is getting all to close to exam time. Is there anything I can do?
Reply 1
Once school starts, the best thing to do would be to speak to the examiner or your head of year and get it changed ASAP
Original post by QUIETONE
Once school starts, the best thing to do would be to speak to the examiner or your head of year and get it changed ASAP

Thanks a lot. Think I'm going to email the head of sixth form as well, seeing as he's my EPQ supervisor so *usually* replies.
Reply 3
Original post by nuttynatty999
Thanks a lot. Think I'm going to email the head of sixth form as well, seeing as he's my EPQ supervisor so *usually* replies.

No worries, make sure you email them today, so that they can get back to you ASAP and atleast u have proof that you tried contacting them. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by nuttynatty999
Hi, Y13 A2 student here and I am resitting 4 AS exams (OCR Maths C2 and S1, OCR Biology F212 and OCR Chemistry F322).

However I have just checked my exam timetable properly for the first time and it turns out that I have been entered to resit OCR Chemistry F321 (atoms, bonds and groups) rather than F322 (chains, energy and resources).
I definitely wrote F322 and even wrote chains, energy and resources as well on the form at school so it wasn't a mistake on my part./QUOTE]

Talk to the exams office as soon as possible. The school can get a full refund for F321 if they withdraw you before 21 April. It will cost extra to enter for F322 at this point - who pays the late fee depends on who made the mistake!

Quick Reply

Latest