The Student Room Group

any ideas

Hi, I have just been informed that I can only have two years of funding for my first degree because in 2004 i achieved a certificate in education (which is a level 4)
I paid back the loan fully

i am so distressed as now I will not be able to go to university I have not got a degree it does not seem fair

any advise welcome

thanks
Original post by mandy66
Hi, I have just been informed that I can only have two years of funding for my first degree because in 2004 i achieved a certificate in education (which is a level 4)
I paid back the loan fully

i am so distressed as now I will not be able to go to university I have not got a degree it does not seem fair

any advise welcome

thanks

do you want to study something similar? you could try for second year entry at some universities?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
do you want to study something similar? you could try for second year entry at some universities?

Hi Thanks for your reply

I have not got a degree at all, so would not be accepted on at second year?

I have sent an appeal to student loans to see if they will review.
Original post by mandy66
Hi Thanks for your reply

I have not got a degree at all, so would not be accepted on at second year?

I have sent an appeal to student loans to see if they will review.

You have a cert he which is level 4? which is equivalent to the 1st year of university?
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
You have a cert he which is level 4? which is equivalent to the 1st year of university?

thanks I will ask, lets hope
I would have thought that this fell under the 'gift year' policy.

Have you only done one year of university level study ie you didn't drop out / restart at any point?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Origami Bullets
I would have thought that this fell under the 'gift year' policy.

Have you only done one year of university level study ie you didn't drop out / restart at any point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately the OP said they've done the Cert over two years, so I think that's used the gift year, even if part-time.

Years of new course (minus) Years previously spent on uni-level study (plus) One year

Gives the OP 3 - 2 + 1 = 2 years of SF remaining. It was the same situation as mine.
I would have thought it would come under the ELQ rules rather than the gift year rules posted above. Hence being told you have 2 years (although, it's 3 if you do an intergrated masters or a sandwich / placement year) left.
Reply 8
Original post by Tiger Rag
I would have thought it would come under the ELQ rules rather than the gift year rules posted above. Hence being told you have 2 years (although, it's 3 if you do an intergrated masters or a sandwich / placement year) left.

The outcome is the same either way I think - no SF funding in the first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending