first choice gloucester for film production with less than 300 points

is it likley that my son will still have a chance
Original post by oceanmum

It depends on what everyone else gets I m afraid

Has he applied?

If so what are his exact offer conditions?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Has he applied?

If so what are his exact offer conditions?

yes

he has accepted offer of 300 points. he is doing graphics productions where you get 100 max for distinction. a level english literature and a level photography but i think we are looking at 280 points at best
yes

he has accepted offer of 300 points. he is doing graphics productions where you get 100 max for distinction. a level english literature and a level photography but i think we are looking at 280 points at best

Did he have an interview/send in a showreel?

A lot of people get into their firm choice with a grade or more dropped (in 2015 41% of people accepted by their firm choice missed their predictions by 2+ grades). Although there's no guarantee (if everyone else who firms the course aces their exams) and it's best to aim for meeting your offer he is in with a good chance.

If he missed and they can't accept him does he have a backup plan? A good insurance choice or an option to do a foundation diploma?
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Did he have an interview/send in a showreel?

A lot of people get into their firm choice with a grade or more dropped (in 2015 41% of people accepted by their firm choice missed their predictions by 2+ grades). Although there's no guarantee (if everyone else who firms the course aces their exams) and it's best to aim for meeting your offer he is in with a good chance.

If he missed and they can't accept him does he have a backup plan? A good insurance choice or an option to do a foundation diploma?

yes he was interviewed and that went well. he has back up plan of uni south wales of digital film but he much prefers gloucester course. they only wanted 280.
if he doesnt get it his sixth form academy does a foundation degree in digital media,, its 2 years but he would just do a year to help his chances and try again

so by 2 grades lower do you think he could have a chace with b photography. c english lit and merit in graphics.260.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending