The Student Room Group

If your parents died today would you be sad?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cole'
hahhahahahaha...... one crazy guy

Guy?
I am female :u:
Reply 81
Original post by loveleest
So what? Not everyone has good parents. For all you know, that parent could have been abusive...You shouldn't really be saying that unless you knew their situation.

my point exactly
Original post by Salamandastron
Mum = yes devastated, one of the few people i love to pieces :redface:
Dad = No, couldn't care less tbh, lol such a **** daughter

just like me then ^-^
Original post by Cole'
Guys tell me something, is it easier to get accepted into a masters degree than bachelors? Reason I'm asking is because university website tend to keep a detailed entry requirement for bachelors but for masters it just says 2.1, do you think getting a first from a 51st rankd uni having tonnes of work experience can get you into the top for master??? please advice BROOTHAs nd SISTAS

pls not here i didn't want this response to my question :/
Original post by Deyesy
Not really about my dad; like I'd go to his funeral and stuff but would I be overly upset? Probably not. My mum a little more so but I'm not that close to any of my family...apart from my cat.

haha best family is cat :biggrin:
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
Depends how your relationship is with your parents. I on the other hand would be devastated 😪

yup, i guess people are different
Original post by Platopus
I'd be beyond just sad if my mum died!! I haven't seen my dad in 7 years though so I don't know how I'd feel. Probably sad in a detached way?

o.o interesting
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Yes, I'd be devastated.

I'd like to offer my sympathy to everyone who wouldn't be sad. Whatever the reason for that is, it can't be good. :console:

Original post by Dodgypirate

:smile:
Original post by Moonstruck16
Stop it. Your mum having terminal cancer has nothing to do with me or anyone else and their situations. I adore my dad and would be distraught if anything happened to him. My mother, on the other hand, has been part of about 25% of my life and only about 2% of that has actually been somewhat good. Of course I would care if she died but I would be fine. There is nothing that I want to 'make the most of' with her. I haven't seen her in two years and it hasn't affected me negatively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

fairs, i guess if you're fine with it...
Original post by Bill_Gates
a lot of women here not very keen on their dad's lol explains a lot of issues in society.

lol i'm a guy and i don't really like my dad at all :/
Original post by evalilyXOX
Yes I would be devastated !!

I am extremely close with my parents and cannot live without them !

o.o so both parents then ..
Original post by celloel
I looked through your other threads and all I could find was you saying your parents pissed you off because they asked you to look after your younger brother.

Honestly, most people on this thread saying "I wouldnt care about ______ dying" are ********ting. Sure, if your dad was never around, or sexually assaulted you, or whatever else, you probably wouldnt care. But just because they 'told me to clean my room' or 'made me babysit' or 'they yelled at me' - those aren't reasons to be happy about their deaths.

well i'm sorry but i don't feel as though i'm responsible for his well being when no-one looked after me, what has my brother only given me over the years? horse s**t that's all he got someone in a bag and handed it to me(lol jokes) but seriously he hasn't listened to me at all he only listens to "superiors" is a huge paenus under the façade of "cuteness" and vulnerability. that's his greatest strength while i don't have any strengths. i was always the one who'd get s**t form my parents even if it was my brother did something wrong. Always me me me when it's punishment but when it's my brother? oh no we can't punish him... blah blah etc etc. So why should i care? I understand people whould say family but i honestly wouldn't care, he hasn't done a single thing for me while i've done so much for him such as helping him giving support when he needed it, i'm not doing it anymore, i only did it because my parents told me too(at the time of my earlier age i didn't think for myself and whatever my parents said i though was absolute.
don't care really, honestly i'd probably be happier with 2 mums. Sexually assault me, i'll fight back and struggle.
agreed they're not but it's not just that in the past and currently which are sole reasons why i'd be happy about his death. I mean yes i would get annoyed but that would go into the bottle of emotions and i would stay quiet and do what i was told.
Original post by neb789
I'd be devastated! I'm not one to miss them when I'm away working or at uni but it would kill me to not have them here

Seems like you like your parents a lot ^-^
Original post by Sophhascoconuts
My dads a douchebag too, I'd be alright if he died. My mom is a lovely person but I think somethings wrong with me because I don't really get upset at people i love dying :/

Maybe you never truly loved them in the first place? or you're just like me, super dampened emotions and not really showing much of anything really
but same case with most like myself, dad no mum yes...
hey! i wouldn't cry over anyone's death, what's the point of holding yourself back?
Reply 82
Original post by fatima1998
Guy?
I am female :u:

ppl don't understand gender symbols of course
Original post by celloel
I looked through your other threads and all I could find was you saying your parents pissed you off because they asked you to look after your younger brother.

Honestly, most people on this thread saying "I wouldnt care about ______ dying" are ********ting. Sure, if your dad was never around, or sexually assaulted you, or whatever else, you probably wouldnt care. But just because they 'told me to clean my room' or 'made me babysit' or 'they yelled at me' - those aren't reasons to be happy about their deaths.

This sounds so ignorant. How do you know that most people on this thread are lying or not? Unfortunately not everyone is blessed with great parents, regradless if they were there or not or if their parents sexually assulted them.
If my parents died today I would be so low I don't even know what I would do....probably cry a lot too.

I would be so empty and lost inside :frown:
This sounds so ignorant. How do you know that most people on this thread are lying or not? Unfortunately not everyone is blessed with great parents, regradless if they were there or not or if their parents sexually assulted them.

The majority of teenagers that say they 'hate' their parents 'hate' them because of very petty reasons - 'My mum grounded me totally unfairly'.
Reply 86

thank you so much for supporting me...
Original post by celloel
The majority of teenagers that say they 'hate' their parents 'hate' them because of very petty reasons - 'My mum grounded me totally unfairly'.

dude seriously did you read my "out of money" thread? i wouldn't hate someone for something petty (i'l kill the >:smile:) jokes it'd annoy me but probably wouldn't motivate me enough to take action.

Original post by trapking
If my parents died today I would be so low I don't even know what I would do....probably cry a lot too.

I would be so empty and lost inside :frown:

:/ seems like you're in the emotional categoryu, hope no-one's parents die too soon though :colonhash:
Original post by thefatone

:/ seems like you're in the emotional categoryu, hope no-one's parents die too soon though :colonhash:

Why anyone wouldn't be emotional is beyond me! They made me the man I am today and even though there have been a few sucky times I still love them a lot :smile:
Original post by celloel

majority?! No, they do not and now I am pretty sure you are pulling out statistics from thin air. There are some bad parents and good parents. I just hate how society tells us that we should value our parents despite them being good parents or not.
Reply 89
Original post by trapking
Why anyone wouldn't be emotional is beyond me! They made me the man I am today and even though there have been a few sucky times I still love them a lot :smile:

i had a revelation on when i realised that nobody actually cares about me and would be willing to help me every step of the way for anything really, that was the time i realised no-one gives one about what i think and vica versa so it's made me into the person i am today, unrelenting, cold, heartless, limited emotions..
majority?! No, they do not and now I am pretty sure you are pulling out statistics from thin air. There are some bad parents and good parents. I just hate how society tells us that we should value our parents despite them being good parents or not.

yup, i don't understand, i'm not going to accept everything society tells me is right or what i should do, i'm gonna put my own thoughts and judgement into things and see what i think of it.
I would sad if my mum died, but my dad, no I wouldn't be sad.
Reply 91
Original post by drowzee
I would sad if my mum died, but my dad, no I wouldn't be sad.

like me and many others :biggrin:
yep would be inconsolable. I'd probably feel worse about my dad than my mum since we don't always see eye to eye on things and i've said alot of things I regret since becoming a teenager.
Reply 93
Original post by Oilfreak1
yep would be inconsolable. I'd probably feel worse about my dad than my mum since we don't always see eye to eye on things and i've said alot of things I regret since becoming a teenager.

i guess, i've said one or 2 things i regret to my parents too, wish i could take them back....

Quick Reply

Latest